Closed Thread
Old Jan 01, 2011, 07:53 AM
Registered Abuser
Joined Nov 2010
573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
Lostheli,

Can you send me the file you used via email?

Bill
I uploaded it here. The vendor did not send me a file for reinstating the date and time.
lostheli is offline Find More Posts by lostheli
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 01, 2011, 08:46 AM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,151 Posts
so what are yall using as an editor? I bought a webbie a while back which uses a .mov file and it's no fun to edit. basically just trim. I even had a full version of quicktime. Nothing like MS MM for avi files. That one is just to easy.
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Old Jan 01, 2011, 09:51 AM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj View Post
so what are yall using as an editor? I bought a webbie a while back which uses a .mov file and it's no fun to edit. basically just trim. I even had a full version of quicktime. Nothing like MS MM for avi files. That one is just to easy.
I am using Video Pad editor. It's $40 but the easiest friggin software to use and it saves your files in HD format. You can try it for free for 14 days and they will over it to you for $39.95. After 14 days the price goes up to $56. However, the pricing may be higher since it is no longer December. It's really an easy to use program AND it saves the MOV files in AVI at 30 fps and full HD format.

Bill
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: A123 2S 2500 mah wiring diagram
Old Jan 01, 2011, 09:53 AM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,425 Posts
Success

Finster PM'd me and resent the no time file and add time file in their native file names. Apparently the name change was the problem.

I am now date and time free.

Thanks Finster.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Prof100; Jan 01, 2011 at 09:59 AM.
Old Jan 01, 2011, 10:33 AM
SLO Flyer
San Luis Obispo, CA
Joined Dec 2003
98 Posts
Tom, does not the 808HD take microSD-sized memory? The 32GB Transcend (Class 10) you linked to is a full-sized SD card. (nicely priced, though!)

Something like this should work: 32GB microSD microSDHC Memory Card (Class 4)

(Class 4, which is sufficient for this cam. The Class 6 and 10 microSD cost even more, 'specially in the microSD size.)

Jaybee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
I guess you know a class 4 is recommended by the vendors. One of the best performers in smaller cards for these key cams has been the Transcend Class 6, and I just came across this Transcend 32 GB class 10 on amazon.com for $50. Jump on it!
Jaybee is offline Find More Posts by Jaybee
Old Jan 01, 2011, 10:41 AM
Registered Abuser
Joined Nov 2010
573 Posts
Quote:

I am now date and time free.
Good to hear.

finster, "Important Note: ((Do not rename or modify the .bin files))"
Last edited by lostheli; Jan 01, 2011 at 10:49 AM.
Old Jan 01, 2011, 11:26 AM
Joined Dec 2010
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybee View Post
Tom, does not the 808HD take microSD-sized memory? The 32GB Transcend (Class 10) you linked to is a full-sized SD card. (nicely priced, though!)

Something like this should work: 32GB microSD microSDHC Memory Card (Class 4)

(Class 4, which is sufficient for this cam. The Class 6 and 10 microSD cost even more, 'specially in the microSD size.)

Jaybee
Very interesting. However, the battery of the cam is barely good for 40 minutes, sometimes preempting even a complete second 20-minute recording. My standard file size for 20 minutes had been a little over 1,550MB so at the limit of the battery, I never filled even a 4GB card.

Oh yes, when the cam has used up the 250mAH, it is quite warm to the touch.

So, does someone know now to adapt a USB battery box to run the cam longer? Or is there a magic solution to the 250mAH battery to make it last longer?

clx1
clx1 is offline Find More Posts by clx1
Old Jan 01, 2011, 11:51 AM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostheli View Post
I uploaded it here. The vendor did not send me a file for reinstating the date and time.
lostheli,

Thank you for doing so but while I was sleeping Finster, who also lives somewhere in my home state, was up until 3:30 AM working on the issue and he sent me a PM with a link to the on and off bin files. He tested it himself before sending to me. He didn't have to do that but I appreciate it. The bin files have NOT been renamed. I guess the trick is to NOT rename the bin files. I used the file he linked to me in the PM and I am time stamp free.

Bill
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Prof100; Jan 01, 2011 at 11:57 AM.
Old Jan 01, 2011, 12:11 PM
Colorado Mountains
Joined Aug 2010
330 Posts
Quote:
Try this: At the top of the page right below the red Hobby Lobby search box there are some links- RC Groups > Aircraft-General > Aerial Photography - Click on aerial photography and then find the real hd key cam thread and access the thread, if it shows multiple pages, then make your bookmark from there. This is what worked for me but I didn't make any changes to my account settings, they are still at default, as far as I know.
lostheli. thank you, that worked although I had to do it a few times to get it to stick.
zrobbie is online now Find More Posts by zrobbie
Old Jan 01, 2011, 12:30 PM
Registered Abuser
Joined Nov 2010
573 Posts
Quote:
lostheli,

Thank you for doing so but while I was sleeping Finster, who also lives somewhere in my home state, was up until 3:30 AM working on the issue and he sent me a PM with a link to the on and off bin files. He tested it himself before sending to me. He didn't have to do that but I appreciate it. The bin files have NOT been renamed. I guess the trick is to NOT rename the bin files. I used the file he linked to me in the PM and I am time stamp free.

Bill
Well, at least the confusion is over. Although, I'm still confused about why it didn't work for me the first two attempts.

finster, I downloaded your new zip file, good job.
Old Jan 01, 2011, 12:35 PM
Registered Abuser
Joined Nov 2010
573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zrobbie View Post
lostheli. thank you, that worked although I had to do it a few times to get it to stick.
Good to hear. It seems that we are all getting what we want. What a great year 2011 is going to be.
Old Jan 01, 2011, 12:43 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,425 Posts
Quote:
Well, at least the confusion is over. Although, I'm still confused about why it didn't work for me the first two attempts.

finster, I downloaded your new zip file, good job.

I was nervous with mine because when I loaded the file and went to the step where you turn it on and there are a few seconds for it to turn on? Well mine never turned on. It tried hitting the on off button again but nothing. I figured I bricked it until I plugged it back in the USB and turned it on. Whew. All is well. No time stamp and it still worked.

Bill
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 01, 2011, 12:59 PM
Michigan
Joined Feb 2006
502 Posts
Time Date

I didnt rename any of the files...they were still the same name but what happened was when I used stuffit expander to open the .rar file sent to me you have to extract them twice...the first time gives the files I posted that didnt work...then you extract them files which gives you the 2 folders with actuall bin files...I should have tested them first, my fault...both time ON and time OFF do work...sorry for brain fart guys...

BTW...it dont matter how you put the files on the card...usb...card reader...adaptor...they will all work...its no different than adding the tag.txt on the #3 cams but you just need to delete the file off card after installed...
finster is offline Find More Posts by finster
Old Jan 01, 2011, 01:02 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by finster View Post
I didnt rename any of the files...they were still the same name but what happened was when I used stuffit expander to open the .rar file sent to me you have to extract them twice...the first time gives the files I posted that didnt work...then you extract them files which gives you the 2 folders with actuall bin files...I should have tested them first, my fault...both time ON and time OFF do work...sorry for brain fart guys...

BTW...it dont matter how you put the files on the card...usb...card reader...adaptor...they will all work...its no different than adding the tag.txt on the #3 cams but you just need to delete the file off card after installed...
Finster,

Like I said before, no apology necessary. You burnt some midnight oil checking things out and testing. All is good! Thanks for all the work and it has help me out and others.

Bill
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 01, 2011, 01:12 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj View Post
Windows LIVE Movie Maker (WLMM) can edit the .MOV file right off the camera. It's a free download from the MS web site, but it's intended for use with W7 OS.

I am now also using AVI-Demux editor, a free equivalent to VirtualDub, but can import the .MOV directly. Like Vdub, it cannot do fancy transitions, etc. For sheer power at a bargain price, I highly recommend MAGIX Movie Edit Pro 17 (or 17 PLUS, with slightly more feautres). But power and ease of use are somewhat mutually exclusive, so there is a learning curve.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Closed Thread