Oct 25, 2012, 10:41 AM
BLANIK213
Hey Mopar your right, the prop will out perform an EDF setup but the jet like cool factor is what will make these projects worthwhile.Time to raise the bar in terms of taking your streamlining skills to the next level .We have all seen others install EDF units on a variety of foamies but what you and Murdnunoc are planing will push that envelope like you did with prop power and exceed anyone's EDF expectations for these planes . Any form of ducting or modified nacelle will increase the likelihood of creating something that satisfies the need for speed and the whoa factor.
A new chapter begins LOL .
to remove ads between posts
Oct 25, 2012, 11:08 AM
Thanks guys
28mm motor mount is ordered. Airframe is coming along nicely. Epoxy is on. Sanding and hopefully primer tonight. Anybody have a location for a bungee hook.
I'll post some pics tonight.
Oct 25, 2012, 03:15 PM
Why the dirt on the wings?
Quote:
Originally Posted by brolley
Thanks guys
28mm motor mount is ordered. Airframe is coming along nicely. Epoxy is on. Sanding and hopefully primer tonight. Anybody have a location for a bungee hook. I'll post some pics tonight.
Put it just aft of the 1/2 way point of where the battery will sit.

Further from that point will give you a nose down attitude on the bungee after release

Closer to the CG and you will get a higher angle of attack (AoA or nose up) to make getting a heavy airborne easier.

So long as you dont exceed 800 grams of battery weight, just aft of the battery 1/2 way point will be just fine if your CG is less than 3/4" nose heavy.
Oct 25, 2012, 07:17 PM
So guys I need some help. Let some one fly my Stryker and they crashed it for me. Got her back together but for level flight I need a lot of down elevater and if I hit the throttle it will shoot upwards. Cog is spot on. What could be the problem?
Oct 25, 2012, 08:05 PM
I am willing to bet that the fuse is bannanna'd
Sounds like you have squished the nose and tail up a little so there is a bannanna shape to it.

Take a picture from the side, looking at it sitting as flat as you can and post her up here.

Also could have bent a pushrod
Oct 25, 2012, 10:47 PM
Now that I look at it your right! Rear couple inches are clearly bent upwards. Any good fixes or a new fuselage?
Oct 26, 2012, 03:53 AM
Usually its time for another fuse, but some Dudes try to straighten it as best as possible and put in a nose to tail CF tube then fly a little slower, and its fine ....................... so long as you dont try to push the speed !
Oct 28, 2012, 05:21 AM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Nice....
Oct 28, 2012, 06:24 AM
The elevons came out very nice !!
Looking good so far, except I cant tell what you have done for re-enforcements.
Post 15373 shows it though ..................... GREAT job !!!
Oct 28, 2012, 06:10 PM
Added some fiberglass reinforcement to the leading edges. Waiting for the Castle quick connect and a little more TLC and she will be ready.
Oct 28, 2012, 07:30 PM
Looks like a MEGA in the first picture ..............
The second picture .......... is that a helicopter behind the glass ?
Oct 28, 2012, 07:47 PM
Yes it is. Need to get this castle quick connect so i can do a no load data to determine a safe prop size.
Oct 28, 2012, 10:14 PM
Quick connect isnt needed
You need Castle Link
What MEGA is it ??
Looks like a Sikorsky or a Bristow
Last edited by moparmyway; Oct 28, 2012 at 10:24 PM.
Oct 28, 2012, 11:31 PM
San Francisco Giants Sweep Detroit Tigers in the world series.

Yeay!!!!

That is some MEGA power right there.

Gryphon

Quick Reply