New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 16, 2015, 10:01 AM
Find More Posts by Chadfish
New to Flying.
Joined May 2011
331 Posts
After having the DYS for over a year now I have to say that it pretty much sucks ass. What a pain in the ass. It's not worth the savings. Just get something that works. Also, for anyone buying those Tarot dampeners, they split and decompose after a while, so buy extras.
Chadfish is offline Find More Posts by Chadfish
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 16, 2015, 10:03 AM
Find More Posts by jesolins
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
15,022 Posts
Hi H,
Then un-tick it, save the settings and then check it again.
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakawati View Post
Itīs ticked...
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Apr 16, 2015, 10:18 AM
Find More Posts by aerorynamic
Joined Aug 2012
385 Posts
Few little things I don't like about this gimbal but I'm definitely happy with the footage coming out of mine.

GOPR0014 (14 min 57 sec)
aerorynamic is offline Find More Posts by aerorynamic
Old Apr 16, 2015, 10:19 AM
Joined Aug 2012
385 Posts
Gets good about 2 min in when I get the goggles on
Old Apr 16, 2015, 10:35 AM
Find More Posts by balbs
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined May 2005
1,427 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerorynamic View Post
Few little things I don't like about this gimbal but I'm definitely happy with the footage coming out of mine.

http://youtu.be/VTfpYGKa_2M
Nice! Do you mind sharing your PID settings?
balbs is online now Find More Posts by balbs
Old Apr 16, 2015, 02:40 PM
Joined Aug 2012
385 Posts
Honestly I've never had to plug it in so I don't know! Will poke around this weekend with it, see if I can post a screen grab or something.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 06:27 PM
Find More Posts by neilmc
Joined Aug 2014
1,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakawati View Post
Itīs ticked...
Yep, as Jim suggested, untick it and try it again.
neilmc is online now Find More Posts by neilmc
Old Apr 16, 2015, 07:14 PM
Joined Aug 2014
1,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadfish View Post
After having the DYS for over a year now I have to say that it pretty much sucks ass. What a pain in the ass. It's not worth the savings. Just get something that works. Also, for anyone buying those Tarot dampeners, they split and decompose after a while, so buy extras.
I'm wondering if all gimbals suck ass. I looked at some of the alternatives including the Zenmuse and still found people complaining about roll drift, yaw twitching etc on some. There's probably work in all of them at some point.

I've got a Walkera G-3D. They've done a nice job on the frame design. It's compact light and rigid. The controller is adjustable via 3 pots and a supplied small plastic screwdriver.

Adjusting the Walkera gimbal is where it is let down though. The pitch motor on mine was over powered causing it to twitch and vibrate. I could adjust it so that it worked really well but the adjustment was lost every time I powered it off (meant field tuning with every battery change).

I tried a couple of support email addresses suggested to me by the distributor, but Walkera never replied. The distributor advised me that it was pretuned to gopro and to not touch the adjustment screws :/

I ended up fitting a cheap alexmos 8 bit controller to the Walkera to make it useful.
Last edited by neilmc; Apr 16, 2015 at 07:27 PM.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 07:20 PM
Joined Aug 2014
1,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiederikHarkema View Post
Hi all

i need t buy a 3 axis gimball, i currently use a walkera 2axis on my hex but need to smooth out the yaw. Due to the fact that I have no issues at all with the Walkera i was considering buying the Walkera or Quanum 3axis gimball due to it's simplicity. My first ever gimball had an Alexmos board on it and is still lying in the cupboard as I do not know how to tune it and finally gave up, I think the firmware is corrupted and it was impossible to upgrade the firmware. Due to the past failure I have had I am a bot hesitant to buy one.

Give me some advice please, if possible why and why not
1} DYS 3 axis
2} X-cam A10-3H http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._A_V_Link.html
3} Walkera?Quanum 3 axis

I have looked at countless videos and can not decide. keep in mind I am the "plug and play" guy. I do not mind learning new stuff but i am a little aprehensive when it comes to Alexmos boards, this is not to say that I am not prepared to give it another go.

Thanks in advance
I'm not sure what to suggest to be honest. I've had a few alexmos gimbals, from dirt cheap rubbish ( eg plastic frame with to much flex) to the DYS and Walkera G-3D.

The alexmos boards have a lot of settings available. For me chasing tuning with so many options is now preferable to my Walkera G-3D which I couldn't use without adjusting, but it wouldn't keep the settings change on power off.

It's worth knowing that some stock settings are likely to be wrong on the DYS (eg motor invert or not and IMU orientation), so unless it was bought from a seller who has already done some tweaking, it'll probably need some changes.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 07:27 PM
Joined Aug 2014
1,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrabat View Post
Yours looks MUUUUUCH better than mine... I may still go to 2.4 (once those darns USB pulgs arrive!). I will also try the 6 axis calibration once they do...
It's nice to know that I've got it heading in the right direction There's sometimes a very small horizontal twitch that I'd like to be gone, but maybe I'm asking too much at this price. I'm not sure if I should be chasing it in the dampeners or settings or both. It's a little sideways shake that's probably only 1-2 pixels when it turns up.

Maybe it's just going to happen with some copter movements.

I've balanced props and motors.

I know that some have fitted 32 bit controllers. I'm not keen on doing that, but maybe later.
Old Yesterday, 12:33 AM
Find More Posts by DiederikHarkema
Fear only fear in life
South Africa, GP, Roodepoort
Joined Jan 2013
693 Posts
Neilmc and aerorynamic, thanks for you replies
DiederikHarkema is online now Find More Posts by DiederikHarkema