HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 25, 2012, 10:59 PM
absolutely maybe
Australia, WA, Currambine
Joined Apr 2011
543 Posts
Mr Shumate,

Thank you for the quick reply, I also have one more question, reading through the thread,I read that some of the modellers are using Fabri-Tac (not available in Oz) is it as good as UHU Por?

I am a PITA!

I am looking forward to getting your F15 design in the air after all the rave reviews

Regards
Ian
pistnbroke is online now Find More Posts by pistnbroke
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 25, 2012, 11:38 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,146 Posts
Ian,

I actually prefer UHU Por over the Beacon products (3-in-1 Advanced and Foam Tac). But it is hard to get here in the States, and expensive if you do find it.

UHU Por will work just fine!

Also, for tape hinges, I use 3M Blenderm medical tape. Works a treat!

Pat
crxmanpat is online now Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Apr 26, 2012, 12:13 AM
absolutely maybe
Australia, WA, Currambine
Joined Apr 2011
543 Posts
Hi Pat,

Thank you for the reply, I have used both UHU Por and polyurethane for this build but I prefer the UHU.

3M Blenderm is also very hard to find here and if you can find it, it costs a fortune so I have been using a similar product that is readily available to me, it is made by Smith and Nephew and called Leukoflex. I have used it on another aircraft without any issues but I don't know how it compares to the Blenderm tapes.
pistnbroke is online now Find More Posts by pistnbroke
Old Apr 26, 2012, 03:26 PM
USA, MA, Sterling
Joined Sep 2009
357 Posts
F-15

Here are the obligatory pictures of my F-15. I used a hobby king 2826-26 2200 KV motor. Came in at 715 grams RTF with a Gens Ace 1550mah battery. Maiden flight today and this thing flies really well, not quite as fast as thought, hoped it would be but a real fun flyer.
Beancounter is offline Find More Posts by Beancounter
Old Apr 26, 2012, 04:10 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,146 Posts
Looks great Bean!

Yeah, not a real barn burner with that motor, but peppy enough if you ask me.

Pat
Old Apr 30, 2012, 01:17 AM
Crash-safe
Baar, Switzerland
Joined Oct 2006
269 Posts
Progress report

After a lot of laminating, sanding and aligning, I eventually finished step 9 in Steve’s construction guide. So the fuselage is more or less finished.

The side rails came out a little bit “bulky”. I had to expect this, since it was a choice between 3 or 4 layers of depron for the side rails. 3.5 layers would have been perfect, but I am too lazy to sand or cut half a layer away.

As for the motor, I think I go for a OEM 2212-6 2200kv, but my favorite parts provider says “out of stock”. So I have to wait.

This gives me time to work a little on the camo. Right vertical tail is finished, left one in progress.

So next weekend, I will work on the wing. I’m not sure yet, whether I should put the servos for the ailerons into the side rails (like on the original plan) or going for aileron torque rods.

I have a question regarding the torque rods. Where should they link with the aileron ?
Is there a disadvantage if I make them as short as possible, so they just link with the aileron about 1 inch from the inside ?

Any input is appreciated

Olli
lessram is offline Find More Posts by lessram
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: F/A-18 Mk II
Old Apr 30, 2012, 05:29 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,146 Posts
Olli,

Not sure if you're willing to pay the International Shipping rate, but I carry those 2212-6 2200kv motors and 30A ESCs now, and I have a bunch in stock:

http://www.nicohobbies.com/store/ind...roducts_id=244

The fin flash looks great, nice work!

Pat
Old May 01, 2012, 11:28 PM
Crash-safe
Baar, Switzerland
Joined Oct 2006
269 Posts
Thanks Pat
but I've already ordered it last week.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 04, 2012, 03:16 AM
Joined Jan 2012
7 Posts
I'm in progress building F-15 Eagle
fidaero8 is offline Find More Posts by fidaero8
Old May 06, 2012, 09:16 PM
USA, MA, Sterling
Joined Sep 2009
357 Posts
Anyone use one of these motors before? http://www.gobrushless.com/shop/inde...v01zcb0u4g8p9z 2900kv microdan motor. I don't want to spend $54 bucks on a motor for a foamy unless I know it will make my F-15 fly!!!!!!!!!
Old May 07, 2012, 04:47 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beancounter View Post
Anyone use one of these motors before? http://www.gobrushless.com/shop/inde...v01zcb0u4g8p9z 2900kv microdan motor. I don't want to spend $54 bucks on a motor for a foamy unless I know it will make my F-15 fly!!!!!!!!!
I've heard good things about the Microdan motors, but why spend all that money when this is the tried and true motor for these pusher jets?

http://www.nicohobbies.com/store/ind...roducts_id=245

Pat
Old May 07, 2012, 08:58 PM
USA, MA, Sterling
Joined Sep 2009
357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxmanpat View Post
I've heard good things about the Microdan motors, but why spend all that money when this is the tried and true motor for these pusher jets?

http://www.nicohobbies.com/store/ind...roducts_id=245

Pat
Thanks, that is basically the motor I am using now (hobbyking version) and it works just fine, but i we were interested in crazy speed. I honestly probably won't spend the money without a lot of positive feedback but it is really tempting.
Old May 30, 2012, 10:42 AM
United States, FL, West Melbourne
Joined May 2011
1,577 Posts
I like the looks of this project. I haven't had time yet to fullt view both posts but I haven't yet found videos. If someone could let me know where I could look and describe the flight characteristics I would love it. How fast is a big question because my son likes speed.

Thanks
Rickflaguy is offline Find More Posts by Rickflaguy
Old May 30, 2012, 03:33 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,146 Posts
Go to the 6mmFlyRC site (www.6mmflyrc.com). Kits, pics and video of the F-15 available there.

Pat
Old Aug 05, 2012, 12:39 AM
Crash-safe
Baar, Switzerland
Joined Oct 2006
269 Posts
Almost there ....

Took me some time to get so far.
Main problem: How to do the exhaust nozzle's. Took me about three attempts to get it more or less right. Personally I'm not really happy, but since I favour the 80/20 percent rule, I guess it's ok.

Actually I would say, I'm roughly 97.34173 % finished and next steps will be:
Finish it 100% and apply the camo.

Since I'm a real slow builder, expect the next update around November !

So long
Olli
RCG Plus Member