HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 26, 2014, 06:13 PM
United States, VA, Callao
Joined Jan 2014
41 Posts
Discussion
the new e razor 450

I just bought a e razor 450 helicopter I got from a guy I know that bought it but never got a chance to play with it so he sold it to me its never been out the box. I heard the old ones where a waste of money but the new ones was a pretty good helicopter. I see bad and good about it so what is the truth is this a fairly good one.
little smoke is offline Find More Posts by little smoke
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2014, 06:24 PM
Joined Jan 2014
41 Posts
I guess no one will answer my question here so hell with it I will just go to another forum this one sucks I just asked a simple question
Old Jan 29, 2014, 06:34 PM
United Kingdom, England, Central Bedfordshire
Joined Dec 2012
1,024 Posts
HI mate i think its the servos that let it down , they are very weak and fail , so look at putting some good ones on so it does not fail and crash , i like the look of the heli the carbon and alloy one is lovely
holtneil is offline Find More Posts by holtneil
Old Jan 29, 2014, 07:01 PM
Joined Dec 2013
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by little smoke View Post
I guess no one will answer my question here so hell with it I will just go to another forum this one sucks I just asked a simple question
You're on the right track to making friends, at least.
BostonShaun is offline Find More Posts by BostonShaun
Old Jan 29, 2014, 07:08 PM
Joined Jan 2014
41 Posts
how can you be on the right track to making friends when no one will help its like talking to a crowd of people and they just look but don't answer you, that really makes you feel welcome here that's not making or being friendly
Old Jan 29, 2014, 07:43 PM
Joined Dec 2013
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by little smoke View Post
how can you be on the right track to making friends when no one will help its like talking to a crowd of people and they just look but don't answer you, that really makes you feel welcome here that's not making or being friendly
Give it a bit longer man, there might not be many people here that own one, or they just haven't seen the thread. Someone will chime in eventually.
BostonShaun is offline Find More Posts by BostonShaun
Old Jan 29, 2014, 10:17 PM
banging head on wall
Joined Feb 2010
1,196 Posts
in the mini heli section there is a E-razor 450 thread there pretty big you should find any info needed http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1154746 and welcome to the groups
skyeblu is online now Find More Posts by skyeblu
Old Jan 30, 2014, 05:50 PM
Joined Jan 2014
41 Posts
e razor

sorry guys for the one post I just felt like I was unwelcomed here and thanks for the guys that have now said welcome to me. I am new to the helicopters I have a wl toys v 913 that is the one I not long ago got and I have learned to fly it fairly well. I just bought a e razor 450 and I was hoping this was a pretty good one to have .
Old Jan 31, 2014, 07:25 PM
United States, NH, Dover
Joined May 2010
121 Posts
I have the older version and love it. It does have upgraded servos and esc. I am looking at the fbl one you have and might get it someday
Helikevin is offline Find More Posts by Helikevin
Old Jan 31, 2014, 08:35 PM
United States, FL, Gainesville
Joined Jul 2013
357 Posts
I have two Erazors, one FBed & the other FBL. If you can get yours to fly on the original radio, the bird is fun to fly. The Tx/Rx & other electronic stuff, like the gyro & servos are marginal @ best. Use them till you have to replace them due to a crash or failure & replace them with better electronics as you progress with the Erazer. Like skyeblu posted, go to the mini heli section & read about 3 years of Erazer action & anything you need to know.
FloridaAKM is offline Find More Posts by FloridaAKM
Old Jan 31, 2014, 08:52 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,569 Posts
you were pretty quick to say your new E-razor was better than old one. I bet aside from FBL pretty close to same quality, or lack of. Servos are cheap plastic geared. Sport flying heli shoild be ok with some upgrades. I have Carbon pro version with flybar. Still new in box. Flying micro 100 sizes and Master c/p's 250 size. I also have Align 450 SE V2/ Blade 450 D/ plus a Clone of T-Rex 450 SE V2 with alot of Align pats. Most likely change Rx and servos on E-Razor 450.
V912/ V913 are flying cows compared to bl 450 c/p. Good luck with it.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Feb 02, 2014, 12:43 PM
Joined Jan 2014
41 Posts
Well I tried to fly the e razor today things didn't go so well I couldn't even get it off the ground I cranked it up and it leaned to the right real bad and it acted like it was to nose heavy . I don't think I will be able to fly it so man all that money and I can't do anything with it. There is no one around me that messes with Rc planes or helicopters I really would like to fly this but I don't think its possible I don't have anybody to help get it set up like it should be what a shame I guess I will have to sell it and get one more easy to fly I have a v913 but that doesn't turn up like the e razor what can I do can someone help me on what I can do
Old Feb 02, 2014, 12:52 PM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
4,926 Posts
If its leaning and nose heavy then the swash isn't level. The best thing to do is watch some you tube videos on swash setup and leveling and go to heli freaks and join there to watch the finless bob videos on helicopter setup 101 .

Once you understand how to do it , you will be flying in no time . also a good simulator will help a million too.

Welcome to RC Groups
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Feb 02, 2014, 01:06 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,569 Posts
From what I see you are a novice at RC helis. No insult but its not a self flying toy. FBL C/P helis are harder to fly than fixed wing airplane. They need to be flown. Like post above you did not check heli s/plate out at all. V913 is a Toy heli and flys like a over weight pig.
A good quad like Nano Qx will teach you alot. A sim is helpful to a point. If there is a Hobby shop someone there will fly helis. Read/ learn/ and now what you have is utmost important. A 450 can do serious harm to you and others. I believe you are in over your head with this heli. If you did not mess heli up, save it for later. Read up on it as there is threads on this bird. U-tube/ rc groups/ heli-freak wtc. Hope you work it out.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Feb 02, 2014, 01:30 PM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
4,926 Posts
I kinda agree with dankar04 here . It is a lot faster than the one you have and is not self leveling so your always on the controls to give small adjustments .

The other thing is , you didn't say if its fly bar less or has a flybar .
They seem to be setup and similar to the Thunder tiger 450 , Very good flyer once setup properly . Fly bar less is a bit more involved in setup . Make sure your on a level platform and the heli is level.

Fly bar does not matter because the fly bar needs to be level and the swash can be leveled then.
Finless Bob is your best bet , but he does not show how or as of I know didn't make a video of fly bar less setup . Your better off with you tube videos.
Get some pictures up for us so maybe we can help you better
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo