HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 04, 2013, 09:31 AM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipemajor View Post
Fox News is indeed 'entertainment' - by their own admission.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2011/02...made-up/176184
An anonymous person who is a fox insider quoted on media matters? Sounds real concrete to me.
RumRunner_1492 is offline Find More Posts by RumRunner_1492
Last edited by RumRunner_1492; Feb 04, 2013 at 10:01 AM.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 09:37 AM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by article
Indeed, a former Fox News employee...
Janitor.
madsci_guy is offline Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Old Feb 04, 2013, 04:36 PM
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp View Post
No extra long wait at all.
So in general, you'd say that it's working well for you? Ever denied coverage?
thunder1 is online now Find More Posts by thunder1
Old Feb 09, 2013, 10:24 AM
United States, KY, Bowling Green
Joined Aug 2012
129 Posts
My big complaint with Obama care is that he lied when he said you will be able to keep the health insurance you have. The company I work for has the best health insurance I have ever heard of. It is a major reason why I worked so hard to get a job here. It is funded totally by the company, and they pay Anthem to manage it. It costs the taxpayer $0. They even cover people that retire until they are old enough to draw medicare. Under Obama care my company will be charged a fine for having a Cadillac plan. So inevitably the company will opt to pay the $3000 dollar fine per person and just drop coverage all together. This will save the company millions a year. So basically we are taking companies like the one I work for who fund the healthcare of over 1000 employees without costing the tax payer a dime, and dumping them on to government insurance plans which are much more expensive and have half the coverage. Currently I can make decisions on what medical care I receive base on what my doctor and I see best for me. Soon I will have to rely on what the IRS sees fit for me. People have no clue what their insurance will be like under Obama care. When we are forced into these insurance exchange's, which will be the only place you can buy insurance, what kind of insurance do you think will be offered there? There will be no more private insurance companies. People have a huge wake up call coming. How will you feel when you finally get in to see the doctor for that knee that is shot only to be told that the IRS does not approve knee replacements for people who are over a certain BMI. When the government sees how much money they loose because they are treating medical problems that could be eliminated by making better choices, they will make those choices for everyone.
livinlife is offline Find More Posts by livinlife
Last edited by livinlife; Feb 09, 2013 at 10:48 AM.
Old Feb 09, 2013, 12:13 PM
United States, KY, Bowling Green
Joined Aug 2012
129 Posts
After doing some reading in the PPACA I find alot of things that are concerning.
Namely that the Secretary of Health and Human Services is mentioned over 2,500 times and 700 of those include the word Shall, something which is an indication of new regulations to come. I highlighted one example below.

PART 3—STATE FLEXIBILITY RELATING TO
EXCHANGES
SEC. 1321 ø42 U.S.C. 18041¿. STATE FLEXIBILITY IN OPERATION AND
ENFORCEMENT OF EXCHANGES AND RELATED REQUIREMENTS.
(a) ESTABLISHMENT OF STANDARDS.—
(1) IN GENERAL.—The Secretary shall, as soon as practicable after the date of enactment of this Act, issue regulations setting standards for meeting the requirements under
this title, and the amendments made by this title, with respect
to

(A) the establishment and operation of Exchanges (including SHOP Exchanges);
(B) the offering of qualified health plans through such
Exchanges;
(C) the establishment of the reinsurance and risk adjustment programs under part V; and
(D) such other requirements as the Secretary determines appropriate.
livinlife is offline Find More Posts by livinlife
Old Feb 09, 2013, 12:16 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder1 View Post
So in general, you'd say that it's working well for you? Ever denied coverage?
Yes, and no to the second question.
Kenny Sharp is offline Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp