Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 06, 2012, 02:06 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,465 Posts
Rave
Orange Tx

Ahhhhh... I think this is awsome. No i wont be buying one. ( getting a dx8 ) But i love what " orange" is doing. I have yet to have any of thier Rx's fail me. So i imagine these will be just as nice. Maybe something for the wife when i get her into planks.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...y_Mode_2_.html
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2012, 05:18 PM
United States, MN, Otsego
Joined Dec 2010
381 Posts
Well the case color is definitely... ummmm... different. But then who looks at their Tx while hey are flying?

Jim
jcmors is online now Find More Posts by jcmors
Old Dec 06, 2012, 06:21 PM
Get to the choppa!
United States, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Sep 2012
358 Posts
That is nice, you can fly your helicopter and direct traffic at the same time. 8)
RFDelie is offline Find More Posts by RFDelie
Old Dec 07, 2012, 12:35 AM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2010
1,025 Posts
Just last week I was flying on the shoulder of the 512 freeway and wishing my transmitter was safety orange.

Price is right, I hope it turns out to be decent quality.
karlik is offline Find More Posts by karlik
Old Dec 09, 2012, 12:11 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlik View Post
Just last week I was flying on the shoulder of the 512 freeway and wishing my transmitter was safety orange.

Price is right, I hope it turns out to be decent quality.
If its anything like their rx's. I think it will do just fine. Lay this one down in a hay field and wont be hard to lose.
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Old Dec 09, 2012, 01:43 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2010
1,025 Posts
My 2801 is what I'd call adequate. But with it disco'd and no more receivers avail it's not what I'd call a long term investment.
I'd like to get one of the small blade indoor cp someday, and my radio won't do that, so this may a good solution to both problems.
Mostly it's gonna be wait and see if it gets good reviews in actual use.
I glanced through the manual and have 2 questions - maybe they apply to spectrum in general ?
What's the output power? I see it has two settings, one for europe and one for us - I assume that's 10mw and 100mw but it doesn't specify. If it doesn't do 100mw it might be a deal breaker for me.
And less important is how does the binding work? The manual says insert the binding plug on the receiver, turn on the transmitter and when it stops flashing it's bound to the receiver. That's actually the exact same steps I take with the 2801 to clear the binding code. To bind the transmitter and receiver, I enter a 6 digit binding code and then power everything up so they can "bind".
karlik is offline Find More Posts by karlik