Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 26, 2012, 05:15 PM
Joined Sep 2006
887 Posts
Discussion
sportwerks engine problems

ok pulled the car out after its been sitting for a year or so and the engine is siezed up. I did get the sleeve to move a bit so its not the piston thats locked up. I have it soaking in wd-40 to try to free it up but no luck so far. does anyone make parts for this motor it says 26 on the side and is the stock motor. I am giving it to a neighbor kid so I would like to replace the bearings and other internal parts so its like new for him but a new motor is out of the question I dont have the funds for it.
hazegry is offline Find More Posts by hazegry
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2012, 09:07 PM
Joined Sep 2006
887 Posts
well not gonna sweat the internal parts I got it freed up and seems to have good compression and is moving smoothly now
hazegry is offline Find More Posts by hazegry
Old Feb 27, 2012, 12:32 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,793 Posts
Castor oil gums up really bad if it sits for too long, if it's freed up now it was probably just old oil gumming up the internals. A good cleaning and new fuel should have it back up and running.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons