Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Old Jul 12, 2011, 08:17 AM
Registered User
United States, IL, Hinckley
Joined Jan 2011
178 Posts
Here's a vid with the #11 cam from 4th of July weekend on my Radian.

Minocqua, WI. Flying the Radian out over the lake 2 (8 min 0 sec)
geives1 is offline Find More Posts by geives1
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 12, 2011, 11:01 AM
Registered User
North West UK
Joined Nov 2010
347 Posts
I have just received a #11 cam that I ordered last week on eBay. Very pleased with the results. But one strange thing. There is not date time stamp. I would have probably wanted to remove it anyway, but just curious if I do want it. Is this a new version that has some way of enabling or disabling it. This was the eBay item
http://bit.ly/pxM2qY
It does say the latest updated file removes the time and date. But I wouldn't mind the files themselves timestamped.
Roblister is offline Find More Posts by Roblister
Old Jul 12, 2011, 11:11 AM
Registered User
London Heathrow, Great Britain (UK)
Joined May 2004
1,399 Posts
Hi all,

Iv just ordered this Keychain HD camera off Ebay, can anyone tell me what the recommended Micro SD Card would be, im thinking of an 8GB Class 10 (Sandisk) would this do the job?
simonbryant is offline Find More Posts by simonbryant
Old Jul 12, 2011, 11:34 AM
Registered User
North West UK
Joined Nov 2010
347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbryant View Post
Hi all,

Iv just ordered this Keychain HD camera off Ebay, can anyone tell me what the recommended Micro SD Card would be, im thinking of an 8GB Class 10 (Sandisk) would this do the job?
Mine is working great with a Class 6 4GB from Scan Computers. Cost me 10.
I worked out the battery would be flat well before I filled the 4GB card.
Roblister is offline Find More Posts by Roblister
Old Jul 12, 2011, 11:51 AM
Registered User
Colorado Mountains
Joined Aug 2010
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roblister View Post
I have just received a #11 cam that I ordered last week on eBay. Very pleased with the results. But one strange thing. There is not date time stamp. I would have probably wanted to remove it anyway, but just curious if I do want it. Is this a new version that has some way of enabling or disabling it. This was the eBay item
http://bit.ly/pxM2qY
It does say the latest updated file removes the time and date. But I wouldn't mind the files themselves timestamped.
See post #3. Posts 1-5 may also be useful to you
zrobbie is offline Find More Posts by zrobbie
Old Jul 12, 2011, 11:57 AM
Registered User
North West UK
Joined Nov 2010
347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zrobbie View Post
See post #3. Posts 1-5 may also be useful to you
Thank's I did read the three posts at the beginning. There was no mention of no time/date stamp from new. I was enquiring if this may be a new firmware version with the date/time being toggleable possibly. I did get the answer many posts deep though. Apparently some of the latest ones have had the date/time stamp disabled.
Roblister is offline Find More Posts by Roblister
Old Jul 12, 2011, 12:17 PM
Registered User
jims123's Avatar
USA, CA, San Diego 92120
Joined Oct 2007
3,088 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbryant View Post
Hi all,

Iv just ordered this Keychain HD camera off Ebay, can anyone tell me what the recommended Micro SD Card would be, im thinking of an 8GB Class 10 (Sandisk) would this do the job?
Simon,
I'm confident a CL10 would do very well, but a CL10 is not needed..

I shoot long videos some times, so would get a Class 4 or 6.. and spend the cost difference on a 16 to 32Gb CL 4 instead .. I only got a CL 10 myself (see benchmark in post # 5350 above) cause I was using it primarily in some sunglass cams that drop lots of frames with slow chips.. the No 11 does not have a prob I believe with Class 4 or above ..(personally I use a CL 2 SANDISK with no issues I can see in the video) but who can trust these benchmarks and vendor claims, they're all over the map just try to be sure you can return it if you have issues and don't like it.. I am pretty confident a CL 4 or faster is fine in these No 11's.. but perhaps Tom can chime in .. listen to his advice it's much sounder than mine is.. JimS
jims123 is offline Find More Posts by jims123
Old Jul 12, 2011, 01:03 PM
Dance the skies...
Tom Frank's Avatar
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roblister View Post
Thank's I did read the three posts at the beginning. There was no mention of no time/date stamp from new. I was enquiring if this may be a new firmware version with the date/time being toggleable possibly. I did get the answer many posts deep though. Apparently some of the latest ones have had the date/time stamp disabled.
Some new ones are coming with the "date off" firmware installed. The FAQ's give details on the available firmware and setting the time so time stamps on the file are correct.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Jul 12, 2011, 01:12 PM
Dance the skies...
Tom Frank's Avatar
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jims123 View Post
Simon,
I'm confident a CL10 would do very well, but a CL10 is not needed..

I shoot long videos some times, so would get a Class 4 or 6.. and spend the cost difference on a 16 to 32Gb CL 4 instead .. I only got a CL 10 myself (see benchmark in post # 5350 above) cause I was using it primarily in some sunglass cams that drop lots of frames with slow chips.. the No 11 does not have a prob I believe with Class 4 or above ..(personally I use a CL 2 SANDISK with no issues I can see in the video) but who can trust these benchmarks and vendor claims, they're all over the map just try to be sure you can return it if you have issues and don't like it.. I am pretty confident a CL 4 or faster is fine in these No 11's.. but perhaps Tom can chime in .. listen to his advice it's much sounder than mine is.. JimS
Yes, CL4 is enough if the card is from a reputable company, but when I can get a 4 GB Transcend CL10 for $10 delivered, I don't look anywhere else. But then I don't do any recording that would overflow a 4GB card, either.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Jul 12, 2011, 01:38 PM
Registered User
MO, USA
Joined Jun 2010
686 Posts
Anyone here have first hand experience with these cams, as well as something like a Sony Bloggie cam? I'm kind of torn between those two, and I sure like the weight / form factor of the keychain cam.
motoguy1 is offline Find More Posts by motoguy1
Old Jul 12, 2011, 02:34 PM
Dance the skies...
Tom Frank's Avatar
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoguy1 View Post
Anyone here have first hand experience with these cams, as well as something like a Sony Bloggie cam? I'm kind of torn between those two, and I sure like the weight / form factor of the keychain cam.
I've got both, but there's not much to compare. If image quality is your main priority, Bloggie wins from just about any perspective! If being able to put the camera on a model plane in any place you want and shoot at any angle you want is your main priority, the #11 wins from most every angle (pun intended). But you already knew that!

If you are like me, you want the bloggie in a #11 size case.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Jul 12, 2011, 03:16 PM
Registered User
MO, USA
Joined Jun 2010
686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
If you are like me, you want the bloggie in a #11 size case.
Yep, pretty much.
motoguy1 is offline Find More Posts by motoguy1
Old Jul 12, 2011, 05:49 PM
Per Ardua Ad Astra
Berkie's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Rosebud
Joined Feb 2007
2,113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbryant View Post
Hi all,

Iv just ordered this Keychain HD camera off Ebay, can anyone tell me what the recommended Micro SD Card would be, im thinking of an 8GB Class 10 (Sandisk) would this do the job?
Yep, that would be ideal. Sandisk is one of the best, 8gb is plenty & class 10 is the fastest read/write.

Kev
Berkie is online now Find More Posts by Berkie
Old Jul 12, 2011, 06:02 PM
Per Ardua Ad Astra
Berkie's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Rosebud
Joined Feb 2007
2,113 Posts
Bloggie

Heree's a review of the Sony Bloggie

http://www.cnet.com.au/sony-bloggie-...-339305785.htm

Kev
Berkie is online now Find More Posts by Berkie
Old Jul 12, 2011, 06:19 PM
Drifting off the reservation..
JumpySticks's Avatar
USA, LA, Broussard
Joined Jan 2011
2,294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoguy1 View Post
Anyone here have first hand experience with these cams, as well as something like a Sony Bloggie cam? I'm kind of torn between those two, and I sure like the weight / form factor of the keychain cam.
I flew the bloggie a few times, mounted under the canopy with the 360 attachment sticking out of the top. The 360 videos were really neat, but not real hi-res. The camera is about as heavy as the contour gps camera, and only films for 20 minutes at a time (at least my model did, not sure about the new ones).

I never shot either the bloggie or the contour in 1080p due to file size and record time issues. 720p is plenty for rc IMHO, plays better on computers than 1080p. Also uploads quicker.

The keycams are much easier to mount in different locations, like wingtips.
JumpySticks is offline Find More Posts by JumpySticks
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Video Samurai with key cam AeroNut45 Electric Plane Talk 2 Oct 30, 2010 11:40 PM
Found found beladog FPV Equipment (FS/W) 1 Oct 30, 2010 01:01 PM
Discussion Any sign of True real time HD FPV gear....not secondary HD CAM ???!! khaled_abobakr FPV Talk 8 Oct 10, 2010 07:13 AM
Mini-Review Key Chain Cam for your autogyro!!! imsofaman Auto Gyros 7 Sep 10, 2010 07:10 AM