Old Sep 10, 2013, 12:04 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Oct 2006
454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffoot View Post
ThANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP / INPUT !
That's what we're here for!

The iCollector reference is interesting - the boat may well be called a 'Mercury B39'. It looks as if this model has been round the houses. I note that it was sold here in conjunction with three other display models, so it might have been part of someone's display collection.

Perhaps it would be worth contacting iCollector and asking about provenance....
dodgy is offline Find More Posts by dodgy
Old Sep 10, 2013, 04:50 PM
United States, OR, Salem
Joined Jul 2012
26 Posts
reply to dodgy

I tried contacting them,but so far no response. At least for now I have some indication of where this boat comes from.I tried googling '' mercury B39 " but didn`t come up with much. I am sure that if I leave these posts up long enough,someone will help me zero in on exactly where the craft came from. At least now I think I know where it`s roots started growing.You have been very helpful.Thanks. Any ideas on what size motor to put in her ?One or two props?
wolffoot is offline Find More Posts by wolffoot
Last edited by wolffoot; Sep 10, 2013 at 04:55 PM. Reason: I mislabeled the boat number
Old Sep 10, 2013, 05:58 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Oct 2006
454 Posts
It's already set up for one prop - and quite a small one as far as I can see. What kind of performance do you want?
dodgy is offline Find More Posts by dodgy
Old Sep 10, 2013, 06:19 PM
United States, OR, Salem
Joined Jul 2012
26 Posts
reply to dodgy

I am a tugboat guy. Most of my boats are tugs, sail, or fishing boats. I would like to have the capability to fly on the water,although mostly ,I enjoy just scale speeds.I don`t want to get into brushless & lipos. I like the idea of knowing that I can go fast if I want too.It would also be helpful,as there have been instances where I have almost been broadsided by another POND BOAT. In fact one time a DISTROYER larger than my TUG of that moment was t-boned on the pond. Lucky for me I have rubber bumpers all around on the tug and no damage was done to my fiberglass hull !
Old Sep 11, 2013, 11:08 AM
N.E.Mass.
Joined Apr 2007
3,101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffoot View Post
Finally,someone that has actually seen it. Do you remember any details? Just curious, how high was it listed for,about ?
Don't recall all the details but I do remember the listing was from England.
charlie eaton is offline Find More Posts by charlie eaton
Old Sep 11, 2013, 12:57 PM
United States, OR, Salem
Joined Jul 2012
26 Posts
reply to charlie eaton

Thanks for your input. The mystery boat is starting to come into focus,thanks to the input that I have received so far. I am sure that i will receive some more as time goes by.