http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...6m-arf-HAN5200
wjs is offline Find More Posts by wjs
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:32 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,303 Posts
I like the Carden Edition Extra http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...sm-rtf-HAN4625

I like the fact that H9 is carried by my LHS so if they keep coming out with good aerobatic/3D planes i'll actually buy some of their planes. It would save me over $200 on shipping so getting it local cancels out the higher price compared to other manufactures.
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Jan 30, 2013, 02:15 PM
wjs
William
United States, MI, Brighton
Joined Oct 2012
1,966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJet727 View Post
Okay we may be on to something here. Let me recap...
The LEFT aileron servo is the one that jitters, even with stick inputs.
The RIGHT aileron servo does *not* move with stick inputs.
So I've focused all my troubleshooting efforts on the LEFT (jittering) aileron servo. Then I read the last sentence in the post above from wjs.
This morning I disconnected the RIGHT aileron servo and bound the receiver. The LEFT servo functioned properly! Then I connected a spare servo to the RIGHT side and BOTH servos functioned properly.
So, I think we may have nailed it. Thank you wjs. I'll give an update when I get the new servo from HH.
Thank you to everyone who has tried to help me with this problem.
JJ
That is great news Jimmy. Glad you have it sorted now. I hope to get in air with it this week also. :-)
wjs is offline Find More Posts by wjs
Old Jan 30, 2013, 02:17 PM
United States, RI, Smithfield
Joined Dec 2011
744 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Nope! You're not kissing anything at all. I also think its reasonably priced!
$300 is a lot of money for a foam airplane guys, don't get me wrong I have a ton of eflite and parkzone planes and blade helis, but any time I drop $300 I want to make sure I've done the homework...

Tom
d2tw4all is offline Find More Posts by d2tw4all
Old Jan 30, 2013, 02:20 PM
Fly Every Day
United States, FL, Sebastian
Joined Apr 2001
801 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2tw4all View Post
$300 is a lot of money for a foam airplane guys, don't get me wrong I have a ton of eflite and parkzone planes and blade helis, but any time I drop $300 I want to make sure I've done the homework...

Tom
What is the price of just the receiver?
pmmartin is offline Find More Posts by pmmartin
Old Jan 30, 2013, 02:32 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmmartin View Post
What is the price of just the receiver?
$120 USD

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:03 PM
United States, AZ, Yuma
Joined Sep 2004
585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by windrnone View Post
Check out this VA vid.........not me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT094rHJekg
Here's another video by the same pilot.....me! The club field has a rule that you can't fly any closer than the first white runway edge line, so I might find another location to shoot a more up close and personal video

Jeff Pfeifer Parkzone Visionaire 1/30/13 (6 min 21 sec)
Jeff Pfeifer is online now Find More Posts by Jeff Pfeifer
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:04 PM
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
2,055 Posts
[quote=turnerm;23980256]nope! You're not kissing anything at all. I also think its reasonably priced![/ KISSING..KISSING....ANYTHING
dalecheek1 is online now Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:27 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
[QUOTE=dalecheek1;23981940]
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
nope! You're not kissing anything at all. I also think its reasonably priced![/ KISSING..KISSING....ANYTHING
LOL! Damn iPad...
turnerm is online now Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:34 PM
Can't fly 3D for toffee ...
United Kingdom, Taunton
Joined Dec 2012
1,206 Posts
I think the price is reasonable. In the UK the AR635 is 70. A decent outrunner and ESC has got to be around 80 and then there are 4 digital servos. We are up to the bulk of the 200 price, never mind that there is an airframe which has been designed by Quique to do all sorts of wonderful stuff and it's (almost) fully assembled.

I am happy with my purchase and will be happier still if the wind would stop blowing .. forecast strong for at least another week
GoAround is offline Find More Posts by GoAround
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:39 PM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Pfeifer View Post
Here's another video by the same pilot.....me! The club field has a rule that you can't fly any closer than the first white runway edge line, so I might find another location to shoot a more up close and personal video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2r-ZG2cgc8k
You can sure fly that thing. Bet it winds em up tearing up the white line like that too Have you got a decent blender, flat spin or knife edge spin out of it yet?
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:00 PM
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
2,055 Posts
[QUOTE=turnerm;23982172]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1 View Post

LOL! Damn iPad...
not i pad----BABY ...STUFF on fingers and keypad
dalecheek1 is online now Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:47 PM
Hey... watch this...
Herndon, Virginia, United States
Joined Feb 2003
787 Posts
Quote:
Seriously considering this plane but not finding a ton of formal reviews yet, anybody spotted any good thorough reviews other than the random youtube videos from fanboys? Definitely looks like a nice plane, but expensive so trying to make the most educated decision possible (especially with that new splendor coming out...)

Tom
Not a fanboy here, everything else I have is balsa 3DHS and Extreme Flight stuff but I got this to fly close to home on rough fields.

I like it, its proven tough to me after my 2 cartwheels while doing rolling harriers. Has good performance with enough power for 3D and good pullouts but its not a rocket ship like my other planes. This is my "practice" plane for low and slow 3D but has proven to also be able to do more high-speed dramatic moves also.

The only beef I had was the elevator servo horn was flexing and did not offer enough throw for good flat spins and knife edge spins so I swapped it out for an industrial grade 3D carbon one and have been flying it like that since.

In all honesty I was not going to buy the plane, wanted the receiver but needed to upgrade my EF 48'' Edge to all digital servos to put it in and after going over the cost I just got the plane with everything. Besides the Edge would not allow rough field takeoffs.

Overall the plane is the only thing I am flying right now with the cold weather I can run down to the school down the street and get a quick few flights before my fingers go numb.

Its held up fine so far, wish it had ball-link connectors on the control rods but I can change them out sometime.

Hope this helps some in your decision making
Mmarshall is offline Find More Posts by Mmarshall
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:17 PM
J. Titors Gr Gr Grandpappy
Charlotte,NC
Joined May 2005
2,024 Posts
Jeff, you rock! Thanks for the videos. Are you stock?
Sonofagun is offline Find More Posts by Sonofagun
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2x0
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:46 PM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,451 Posts
Quote:
Seriously considering this plane but not finding a ton of formal reviews yet, anybody spotted any good thorough reviews other than the random youtube videos from fanboys? Definitely looks like a nice plane, but expensive so trying to make the most educated decision possible (especially with that new splendor coming out...)

Tom
Hi Tom, yes there is some good reviews out there. Here is mine and most comments seem to agree with what i presented, so i presume it's a good review

Parkzone VisionAire ChuckT with the Maiden (8 min 51 sec)

OH! hang on i could be the "Fanboy!"

cheers chuck
ChuckTseeker is offline Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker