Nov 20, 2014, 05:56 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

battery lead on ar6400

Hi i have a a r6400 that the battery lead some how popped off on the a r6400 side . Is there a way to re solder it back on or am i out of luck? o btw there is no wire that i can see that is protruding
to remove ads between posts
Nov 21, 2014, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olmouse
Hi i have a a r6400 that the battery lead some how popped off on the a r6400 side . Is there a way to re solder it back on or am i out of luck? o btw there is no wire that i can see that is protruding
Both wires are soldered to the board and then they are covered by a rubbery compound (Either Black or White) to reduce the chance of shorting the battery, as well as provides some stress relief. The latter doesn't work so good, therefore you're problem is revealed. Almost always, the wire has broken right at the solder joint.

To fix it, do this:

1. using tweezers, or a bamboo skewer, peel away that stuff and then you'll see where the wire broke off.

2. Carefully solder the wire back on. You might need to cut away a teensy bit of the insulation off the wire to provide surface area to solder onto.

3. Check your work, then plug in a battery WHILE HOLDING IT!!!!!! If it gets hot, disconnect it. You, sir, have a short! Not good!! If it remains cool, watch for the LED to blink rapidly, waiting for a pairing from the Tx.

4. If the latter happens, turn on your Tx (assuming it's paired for your ar6400) and you should see a steady LED and then you're good to go!!
Last edited by 356Jim; Nov 21, 2014 at 02:02 PM.

Quick Reply