New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 29, 2015, 06:55 AM
Find More Posts by Berkie
A life of Lucking Fuxury
Australia, VIC, Rosebud
Joined Feb 2007
2,619 Posts
Fantastic polymorph

Haven't tried this brand, but Polymorph is great for reinforcing the inside of foamy cockpits
Pour the whole container into an electric frypan, cover with water and heat to 70c until it is completely transparent.
Cover with non stick baking paper both sides and roll out with a rolling pin. Cut to sections, place again on non stick baking paper and heat with a heat gun until transparent and soft like play dough. Then hold it in a piece of baking paper(its bloody hot and sticky) and thoroughly work it into say, the cockpit.. If it lifts later, just apply some hotmelt under it and squeeze down.

You can also get varying thicknesses by using a little pasta making machine. Just make sure the polymorph is hot enough and covered both sides in baking paper.

It will set as hard as nylon. Can be drilled and sanded.

I had a high speed crash in which there was NO damage at all to the cockpit. The cockpit was lined with this stuff
Berkie is offline Find More Posts by Berkie
to remove ads between posts