New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 11, 2015, 01:02 AM
Find More Posts by bondibuster
Joined Sep 2015
1 Posts
Hobbyking Pilatus PC-6 Turbo Porter Build

This new plane from Hobbyking is a very impressive foam EPO model with a huge 1700mm wingspan. The plane comes in an overall white colour scheme with transfers already attached. It comes with all electrics preinstalled (except receiver and battery). The power chain is a LD4212CD-700KV brushless motor with a 40 Amp ESC with 12x7” prop. All you require is a 14.8V 3000mAh Li-Po. Features include flaps, a tow hook, lights and a belly bay (so you can drop lollies, parachutes, etc).
The packaging was excellent with all foam parts, wings, body etc coming in their own individual boxes and wrapped in foam. The landing gear, propeller, cables and other parts as well as screwdriver and spanner (to tighten prop on) came in another box. Hence no travel damage.
This plane has been the easiest to build as the instructions easy to follow. First fit the undercarriage to the body. This requires two clips and four screws to fit to body. Then the leg struts are attached between the body and the fuse with two screws. Steerable tail wheel is already installed.
All the tail surfaces fit into the fuselage and just require two self tapping screws to lock them to the fuselage. Then just connect the control push rods to the preinstalled control horns on the rudder and elevator. This is where I had my only is as one of the plastic clevis pins broke. The model came with spares clevises but I decided to replace with a metal clevis as this was for the elevator.
The wings come with all servo’s, control horns and clevis’s already installed and connected to the ailerons and flaps. There are also a red and green lights fitted to the ends of the wings. All that needs to be done is fit the spare between the wing halves. Beware that the spare has a blight bend in the middle and you may need to rotate it to get the wings to fit flush together. Once done I marked it so I could align it easily next time I put the wings together. There is an area under where you bolt the wings on to fit the receiver in the body. So I fitted the receiver and plugged all connectors in. Motor, elevator, rudder, ailerons (via Y splitter), flaps (via Y splitter), lights (via Y splitter), tow release (on gear channel) and belly bay release (on Aux 1 channel).
The wings then bolt onto the fuselage using plastic supports and 3 bolts. Then two spars are used between the wings and lower fuselage. These use a combination of screws and pins. Next come the exhausts which are screwed onto each side of the cowl.
Then fit the propeller and spinner using the spanner provided. Last of all are two antenna’s which require to be glued on. This is the only gluing required.
With the battery installed the underside hatch the CofG was perfect. Setup your transmitter and you are ready to go.
On the first flight I took off with no flaps and under full power and with a small take off roll the plane eased into the air. A couple of clicks of trim and all was well. The plane was smooth and easily to fly with enough power to loop but rolls were a bit awkward, like most high wingers. I tried flaps and I would not recommend using the full extent of the flap (about 80-90 degrees to the wing) as the plane drops quickly. The most I would say is about 45 degrees. As I had a half flap setting (about 25-30 degrees) I landed easily with this setting. On other flights I also landed without flaps with ease.
bondibuster is offline Find More Posts by bondibuster
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2015, 03:01 PM
Find More Posts by yorkiepap
Joined Aug 2010
760 Posts
There's a thread already started for the HK PC-6. Maybe you should ask one of the Moderators to move yours to that thread.

yorkiepap is offline Find More Posts by yorkiepap