Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 22, 2009, 06:25 PM
Joined Jan 2009
243 Posts
Discussion
Telebee response

Hello,

I have a telebee and a DX7 radio with the AR6100. I have setup the radio to use Gyro Auto sensing. I also set the gyro gain to 100% via the screw. From what I have read for the DX7, values greater than 50% increase HH sensitivity while values less than 50% increase the rate sensitivity. I have set mine at 60% for starters. What bothers me, is that when I apply full left/right rudder it takes a while for the pitch slider to move to the most extreme position. Also, is using subtrim a good way to reduce the gyro creep?

Thanks in advance
DrRoc is offline Find More Posts by DrRoc
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2009, 07:18 PM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
Slow rudder could be rudder endpoints too low or mechanical binding in the tail. A slow servo is also a possibility. Link location on servo arm also affects tail response.
Gino CP is offline Find More Posts by Gino CP
Old Jan 22, 2009, 07:38 PM
Oregon, USA
Joined Dec 2007
1,812 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRoc
Hello,

I have a telebee and a DX7 radio with the AR6100. I have setup the radio to use Gyro Auto sensing. I also set the gyro gain to 100% via the screw. From what I have read for the DX7, values greater than 50% increase HH sensitivity while values less than 50% increase the rate sensitivity. I have set mine at 60% for starters. What bothers me, is that when I apply full left/right rudder it takes a while for the pitch slider to move to the most extreme position. Also, is using subtrim a good way to reduce the gyro creep?

Thanks in advance
Do you have the Telebee model that has the travel adjust pot on the face as well as the gain pot?

Turn your rudder end points in your TX to full travel (150% or whatever the DX7 is). The rudder end points set the rotate rate. Use the pot on the gyro to adjust travel so there is no binding by the tail slider.

If your gyro does not have the travel adjust pot on the face then you have to adjust travel limit mechanically by moving your linkage ball to the correct hole on the servo arm.

Turn the gyro gain pot fully on (clockwise) when you are using the TX to make gain adjustments.

Should work fine if your rudder end points are maxed-out.
RMG2 is offline Find More Posts by RMG2
Old Jan 23, 2009, 02:51 AM
Joined Jan 2009
243 Posts
I had the gyro gain cable flipped... doh... Thanks for the full travel tip though.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 04:24 PM
Joined Jan 2009
243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMG2
Do you have the Telebee model that has the travel adjust pot on the face as well as the gain pot?

Turn your rudder end points in your TX to full travel (150% or whatever the DX7 is). The rudder end points set the rotate rate. Use the pot on the gyro to adjust travel so there is no binding by the tail slider.

If your gyro does not have the travel adjust pot on the face then you have to adjust travel limit mechanically by moving your linkage ball to the correct hole on the servo arm.

Turn the gyro gain pot fully on (clockwise) when you are using the TX to make gain adjustments.

Should work fine if your rudder end points are maxed-out.
I figured out that I had the gyro gain plugged in correctly. However, I am still a bit confused on the servo travel. Even at 100% travel on the DX7 and using the closest hole to the servo center on the linkage, the tail maxes out at 40~50% of the stick movement. Is that normal?
Old Jan 24, 2009, 04:45 PM
dze
Joined Jan 2008
5,917 Posts
i would say its pretty normal .. on my king2 i have it set up where it maxes at about 70% of stick movement .. you can probably move that around by playing with the endpoints but should probably fly it first to see how you like it, i personally dont want to have to crank the stick all the way over to make it turn ..
dze is offline Find More Posts by dze
Old Jan 24, 2009, 04:54 PM
Oregon, USA
Joined Dec 2007
1,812 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRoc
I figured out that I had the gyro gain plugged in correctly. However, I am still a bit confused on the servo travel. Even at 100% travel on the DX7 and using the closest hole to the servo center on the linkage, the tail maxes out at 40~50% of the stick movement. Is that normal?
Yes that is normal. Tail servo movement is not equal to the TX stick travel.

The gyro tells the tail servo what to do, not the rudder ATV setting in the TX. The TX rudder ATV settings tells the gyro how fast the piro speed will be. You should turn your rudder ATVs all the way up and work back from that point if the piro speed is too fast to suit ya.

This is why it's a great asset to setting up the travel of the tail servo by having a pot, or internal adjustment on the gyro itself. If the gyro has no travel adjust pot (or internal travel adjust) then the only way to control the travel in the tail linkage is mechanical, by changing servo arm holes and the tail's "L" arm holes.

Hope that makes sense???
RMG2 is offline Find More Posts by RMG2
Old Jan 24, 2009, 05:10 PM
Joined Jan 2009
243 Posts
Thanks guys. Unfortunately, I only have the gain and reverse adjustment on my telebee, so I'll have to use the mechanical method.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 05:12 PM
dze
Joined Jan 2008
5,917 Posts
again, i would fly it .. see where your max gain winds up to decide on the mechanical setup is what i would do .. you wont be flying around with max rudder trust me ..
dze is offline Find More Posts by dze