HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 07, 2001, 10:19 AM
Lawrence,KS USA
Joined Jul 2001
13 Posts
Flight Pack for Megatech Tx

I have a flying buddy that has a Megatech Merlin and is having a lot of trouble learning
to fly it. He wants to get a Light Stick and is wondering if a flight pack is available that
will be compatible with both the Megatech transmitter and the Light Stick? Need help!!!
RichD
RichD is offline Find More Posts by RichD
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2001, 01:16 PM
Now with more COWBELL!
Lexington, KY, USA
Joined Mar 2001
804 Posts
Obvious question...What band is the Merlin's Tx on? AM or FM? 72Mhz? Or is it one of the 27Mhz type? Look in the manual, or on the back of the Tx itself. If it's 72Mhz, there should also be a channel number, like "CH45 72.069 MHZ" on a sticker someplace. If you can find a channel number, buy a flight pack and a crystal that matched that number and band, and you're set!

HTH,
Steve S.
U2Steve is offline Find More Posts by U2Steve
Old Dec 07, 2001, 04:28 PM
Clu
Glavin!
Southern NJ
Joined Aug 2001
283 Posts
Having trouble flying it?

That is one of the easiest flying planes I've flown. I am curently flying the Merlin, an SR Batteries Cutie (great kit, BTW), 3 zagi's, and an Omega Sailplane.

I doubt the Light Stick would be better to learn on than the Merlin.

What kind of problems is he having?
Clu is offline Find More Posts by Clu
Last edited by Clu; Dec 08, 2001 at 02:43 PM.
Old Dec 08, 2001, 02:39 PM
Clu
Glavin!
Southern NJ
Joined Aug 2001
283 Posts
Radio

I looked at my TX when I got home, it IS 72 MHz, either channel 41 or 51 (it should be marked on the original box the merlin came in).

I'm not sure if it is AM or FM, but my guess would be AM, since it is my undrstanding that AM equipment is cheaper to make.

Let me know if you would like any help with the Merlin, I flew mine just last night in a parking lot under the lights. Great fun.

Hope this helps!
Clu is offline Find More Posts by Clu
Old Dec 08, 2001, 03:02 PM
He wasn't always evil
SW Wisconsin
Joined Jul 2001
1,042 Posts
Yeah, I'm a Merlin flyer here too. Hate to say it, but you don't get to much easier than the Merlin. But if you went with another plane you could use a radio system with a buddy box. Thats the only real advantage I can think of. I taught myslelf to fly with the Merlin. Just keep a lot of extra props on hand, they're easy to break!

-Brett
AirVenture is offline Find More Posts by AirVenture