Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 15, 2014, 09:55 AM
AMA 910957
United States, WA, Hoodsport
Joined Mar 2008
5,224 Posts
Back at the building board, eh? That's a good thing!

EJ
EJWash1 is offline Find More Posts by EJWash1
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 13, 2014, 07:21 AM
Joined Sep 2007
67 Posts
March 13, 2014 update

So just a quick note to bring you up to date. I continued working on the wings. I have built the servo mounts for the 4 wing servos. I glued mounting points for them onto the appropriate wing ribs, but have not yet drilled them for the mounting screws, which will be coming up, as I can't install the last cap strips on those ribs until the plates are located. Other then those ribs, all cap strips are in place.

I test fitted the flaps and got 50% joy. One fit perfectly. The other is slightly cockeyed and will require work.

I try to do something most days, and can see the end of the wings coming. Once I fix the flap, fit the servo plates and add the last cap strips, then fit the CA hinges on the ailerons (dry), I will add the wingtips and move on to the fuse.
azzir is offline Find More Posts by azzir
Old Mar 23, 2014, 07:17 PM
Joined Sep 2007
67 Posts
March 23 2014 update

I am continuing to make slow but steady progress. I can't believe I am still on the wings! SOOOOOoooooo many cap strips. Each rib of course, less the areas where the servo mounts would take their place, but then it seemed to me that the trailing edge needed them between each rib, top and bottom. Then the rear spars top and bottom. Finally figured I had them ALL, so I moved on to the hinging of the flaps and ailerons, which went 75% good. I messed the placement of one flaps hinge points, and had to make some adjustments, but it is good now. As I was hinging the ailerons (with simple CA hinges, dry fit only) I discovered ONE LAST cap strip missing, on the bottom of the rear part of the wing tip rib. Seems like it never ends. I desperately want to move on to the fuse, but not until I have the wings done. The servos and mounts have been fitted. I used some cheap plywood to make the mounts with hardwood posts for the servos to screw onto. There is a slot to cut on each aileron mount (no slot on the flap servos as the pushrods go up thru the wing to the top of the flap), reinforcements to add to each mount, control horns to fit to the ailerons then make up appropriate pushrods, and finally the wing tips have to be assembled to the wing and sanded to shape. Egad!
azzir is offline Find More Posts by azzir
Old Mar 24, 2014, 08:11 AM
Joined May 2012
210 Posts
Azzir, It's still good to see you hanging in there. I am following this as I enjoy the plane and am curious of what you think of the plans and parts. Regards, Cliff
Cliffc is offline Find More Posts by Cliffc