Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Yesterday, 07:53 PM
Joined Jul 2012
172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Link69 View Post
I will use epoxy glue for the Lens like this video :
http://youtu.be/tNW5MzBBhpA
This video misses out a major step. Either using sticky tape or in my case blue tack you need to seal up the gap from BEHIND the cam lens otherwise the led lights on the quad will shine through to the fish eye
Andyclayton is offline Find More Posts by Andyclayton
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 07:56 PM
Joined Jul 2012
172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvestor2002 View Post
I finally received my 808 #16v2. I followed Andy's post/video on how to mount the 808 to the H107D. I did have trouble trying to put the camera on the top of the H107D, so I ended up mounting it on the side. The added weight on the side, does not cause the H107D to tilt, so I'm happy. Does having the additional weight on the right side of the quad mean the 2 right motors are working harder and thus more likely to fail sooner ?

BTW: thanks Andy for posting your "how to." Not only did it help me with mounting the 808, but it also helped me with the fisheye mod !!
What was the issue mounting the battery on top. Have they shortened the battery lead on the 808? Try mounting it underneath the 808. U are correct two motors will be working harder than they need be
Andyclayton is offline Find More Posts by Andyclayton
Old Yesterday, 09:04 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,640 Posts
This is soooo cool with the Fish-Eye lens installed! I'm finally able to do more than just do hover-about type flying(pretty pathetic lol), and actually go steer her around with some confidences!
I just flew 2x LiPos out in the back(asphalt/gravel) Lot, and even flew tentative circuits around the Lot and out by the street and through the overhead cables, and then with more confidence a few more times, and even saw the ice-cream truck(that was making all the music) a couple of streets over and around the corner. The light winds didn't seem to bother it too much and was easy to tilt against and keep flying when winds would hit it, I flew in expert mode with ELE/AIL rates@75 and RUD@80.

After seeing my H107D a few days ago, my noob flying-buddy now wants a go @flying her 2mrrw.... eeeeep! I better find a "safe" tree-less place for the test-drive tomorrow. lol

I can't wait until I get the "clover" antenna I had ordered delivered, and install it in place of the stock "bow-tie" for more Omni-directionalness. I wouldn't mind a micro-clover to replace the H107D antenna too... but only see them available from FPV Hobby?, but I'll have to order more from them to make shipping the micro-clover worth it.
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Yesterday, 10:54 PM
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Jan 2011
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyclayton View Post
What was the issue mounting the battery on top. Have they shortened the battery lead on the 808? Try mounting it underneath the 808. U are correct two motors will be working harder than they need be
I think my velcro was not as thick as yours. So when I velcro the battery to the top, it has the potential to make contact with the propellers (it's very close, but if the battery wobbles a little in mid-air, it will make contact with the propellers.)

I will try mounting the 808 a little further back and see if I can get the battery to stay on top.
sylvestor2002 is offline Find More Posts by sylvestor2002
Old Today, 03:01 AM
Joined Feb 2014
66 Posts
I would like to know what you all think about this?
Replacing damaged parts is not even fun,
they made it impossible to connect the two boards together.

Left side = v2.3 / the original one that was on my H107D.

Right side = v2.2 / the replacement board I received.

There should be a connector on the v2.2, as its the old H107D board.
Sjors Boomschors is offline Find More Posts by Sjors Boomschors
Last edited by Sjors Boomschors; Today at 03:12 AM.