Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:00 PM
Semi Expert
United States, MA, Norton
Joined Aug 2012
279 Posts
Discussion
Walkera Devo 10/RX 2703-H-D Setup Info Needed

I have V450 Do1 V2 Helicopter which came with the Devention 10 TX & also the oddball RX 2703-H-D.

With the newest documents I can find on setting it up, I am confused.

This was a RTF, so I don't get building it info with part numbers & such, no references to anything.

All I am trying to do right now is too adjust the swash plate so it is level.

It looks like I need to disconnect the motor wires (for safety) turn on the TX & bind to my RX. Then flip switch 1 to SW so I can then adjust the servo arms or swash-plate ball-links. Then I need to turn switch 1 back to WK position.

Right now, my forward/aft servo is so far aft that my trim is maxed out & still won't compensate it & hover in one place.

I don't know how many people have a Devo 10 or the RX 2703-H-D on this forum, but from the threads I have been on in the Walkera area, it looks like I might be the 2nd person that has got this equipment on this forum.

If I had a 2702V receiver, I wouldn't have a problem setting it up, but this 2703-H-D is a real pain in the Butt!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Kurt
iflyhelis is offline Find More Posts by iflyhelis
Last edited by iflyhelis; Sep 12, 2012 at 05:11 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 12, 2012, 05:13 AM
Semi Expert
Joined Aug 2012
279 Posts
Bump

It looks like nobody here owns a Devo 10 with a 2703H-D RX
I'm the only one.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 03:21 PM
Joined Jul 2012
2 Posts
I have the 2703 with 8S

Same problem, in the instruction you need to select normal swash type so no mix swash for adjustments... and I can't understand how to get the RX to a FBL setting mode! in the ADJ mode switch appear as gyro disable and not FBL setting mode.
in the older RX's you have a setting button, but in the new 2703 I can't figure it out!!!

I'm the second that have the new RX2703 with the same issue!

please any one can figure it?
Acunamatata is offline Find More Posts by Acunamatata
Old Sep 24, 2012, 06:43 AM
Semi Expert
Joined Aug 2012
279 Posts
From what I read, that switch 1 to ADJ mode is only there for you to adjust the linkages & servo arms to get the swash-plate perfectly level. Then you flip the switch back to WK & re-initialize TX & RX. I think that if you do a adjustment mechanically without using the switch, you will run into a binding problem or burn out a servo or the RX.

When in the ADJ mode of switch 1 I think the gyro/RX is sensing your adjustment & holds that setting in memory.

I hated to do it, but I just used sub-trims to level mine out instead of going through all the crap of trying to remove the fore/aft cyclic ball linkage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acunamatata View Post
Same problem, in the instruction you need to select normal swash type so no mix swash for adjustments... and I can't understand how to get the RX to a FBL setting mode! in the ADJ mode switch appear as gyro disable and not FBL setting mode.
in the older RX's you have a setting button, but in the new 2703 I can't figure it out!!!

I'm the second that have the new RX2703 with the same issue!

please any one can figure it?
Old Nov 29, 2012, 02:48 AM
Joined Nov 2012
1 Posts
Hi mate,

I also have the Devo10/RX2703H-D combo, and its giving me trouble! Only pretty new to RC helis so jumping in at the deep end, I know. Been trying to level the swash plate, can get it perfectly flat at 60%, but having trouble adjusting it at the high and low end. I cannot for the life of me adjust the pitch travel at all. Elevator is no problem as is aileron. At 100% pitch, the pitch servo actually goes down from its previous position, and I have no idea why?

Hopefully you might be able to help, if not, misery loves company!

Regards,

Owen from Melbourne.
TheBeerMonkey is offline Find More Posts by TheBeerMonkey
Old Nov 29, 2012, 06:41 AM
Semi Expert
Joined Aug 2012
279 Posts
Did you level your swash-plate with pitch at 0% ? By that I mean the blades are at 0 degrees of pitch as in collective.

Your 60% is that throttle/collective if so your swash-plate may be level but your are at hover pitch angle which is around 5.5 - 6 degrees of pitch.

Do you have a pitch gauge to measure the angle in degrees?

Also, the adjustment links are not turn-buckles (1 left hand thread & 1 right hand thread) so you can't just turn the rod to adjust them, you need to dis-connect the ball-links & turn them the same amount of turns on each one in or out as needed. They are right-hand threaded & you will need pliers to hold the rod.

In normal mode I run my collective at about 60 - 65% with the stick in mid position. But in stunt 1 or 2 they say to run it at 0 degrees at mid stick, problem with that is when you switch to stunt 1 or 2 and you are hovering you will jump downward. So I run my stunt 1 & 2 at 60 - 65% at mid stick, no jump!

If you have to take off that fore/aft cyclic adjustment rod to adj. your fore/aft cyclic, you have to unscrew the anti-rotation plate to give you access to the ball-links.

I just recently found out that the instruction I had for my helicopter TX/RX were not correct for doing the "Binding"

You need to turn on the TX & put all of your trim adjustments to midpoint & sub-trims at 0% after that turn off the TX & it saves it in memory.

Then, plug in the battery for your helicopter, you should see the RX red LED is not lit. Immediately turn on your TX & you should see the LED start blinking fast, then it blinks slow, then you hear a beep from the motor.

You are now properly "Bind-ed" you should find that your swash-plate is level. You only have to bind like that for the first initial bind, or you get a new TX or RX like I did. For now on, to initialize or bind again, just turn on the TX first and after the TX beeps, turn on or plug in the battery with-in 10 seconds. Make sure you don't move the heli while it goes through its binding, check the LED to be sure it worked it should be a steady red & you heard the beep.

I hope this helps you out Mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeerMonkey View Post
Hi mate,

I also have the Devo10/RX2703H-D combo, and its giving me trouble! Only pretty new to RC helis so jumping in at the deep end, I know. Been trying to level the swash plate, can get it perfectly flat at 60%, but having trouble adjusting it at the high and low end. I cannot for the life of me adjust the pitch travel at all. Elevator is no problem as is aileron. At 100% pitch, the pitch servo actually goes down from its previous position, and I have no idea why?

Hopefully you might be able to help, if not, misery loves company!

Regards,

Owen from Melbourne.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 05:04 AM
Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Joined Feb 2010
47 Posts
Hi guys,

I have a similar problem: I'm having a hard time to setup a CopterX 450 with the RX2703HD and my Devo 12s, as I can't find any documentation about this receiver.

Could you post and share here any docs you may have, please?

I thought it would be same as the RX2702, but it is nothing like that! The first thing I noticed was the absence of the four servo reversing switches, and in fact I need to reverse the elevator servo...

Obviously I tried to reverse the channel at the TX but, as expected, it reversed the command and not at the swash mixing.

Best regards,
Haddad
haddad is offline Find More Posts by haddad
Old Jan 01, 2013, 06:44 AM
Semi Expert
Joined Aug 2012
279 Posts
You need a Savox/Align servo they are the only ones that move in the correct direction other than the Walkera servos. Search for "IntegrityHndywrk" he has a blog about the V450 D01 and the servos.

I will attach 2 Pdf files one is on the RX & the other is on the Devo 8-12 TX I got it direct from Walkera when I emailed them about no owners manual on their web site.

That file upload didn't happen, it exceeds the file size limit of 3 megabytes. So I would suggest that you go to Walkera's web site & ask for it in the support area of their web site.

Sorry I couldn't help you out.
Old Jan 01, 2013, 04:57 PM
Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Joined Feb 2010
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iflyhelis View Post
You need a Savox/Align servo they are the only ones that move in the correct direction other than the Walkera servos. Search for "IntegrityHndywrk" he has a blog about the V450 D01 and the servos.

I will attach 2 Pdf files one is on the RX & the other is on the Devo 8-12 TX I got it direct from Walkera when I emailed them about no owners manual on their web site.

That file upload didn't happen, it exceeds the file size limit of 3 megabytes. So I would suggest that you go to Walkera's web site & ask for it in the support area of their web site.

Sorry I couldn't help you out.
Hi,
Thanks for your answer!
Is that pdf on the receiver alone too big to be posted?
I already have something on the Devo 12s, but absolutely nothing on the RX2703HD. I think it could be of great help.
Thanks again.
Old Jan 02, 2013, 03:44 AM
Semi Expert
Joined Aug 2012
279 Posts
The PDF file is too large to post. Contact Walkera & they will E-Mail you a copy. You will need both manuals as the RX is explained in the Devo 12s & the RX2703H-D manual.

Correction on the servos, those Align/Savox's are only good for a RX 2702 because you can reverse the travel on the RX. I think we are screwed by owning the 2703H-D RX, by being forced to only buy Walkera servos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haddad View Post
Hi,
Thanks for your answer!
Is that pdf on the receiver alone too big to be posted?
I already have something on the Devo 12s, but absolutely nothing on the RX2703HD. I think it could be of great help.
Thanks again.
Old Jan 03, 2013, 06:12 AM
Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Joined Feb 2010
47 Posts
Hi, Iflyhelis,
I finally got something from Walkera, but definitely it's not what you were talking about. It is only a pdf with about 1.2MB. It has four pages full of Devo12 screenshots explaining how to to set it up for the V450D01. But it has some questionable instructions like to set the swash type to 3 servos 120 and to reverse aileron channel...
Any way, how do you feel about using DropBox, or whatever like that, to share some big files?
Meanwhile, I don't think we are screwed by being forced to use Walkera's servos, actually I have just tried a few Corona DS-939MG I had at hand, and they fit. They are a bit slow but ok for scale flying. The Corona DS-929MG would be better, because the specs are close to the Walkera WK-09-9 but are metal gear and cheap.
On the other hand, I'm comfortable with disassembling servos to reverse it.. And we could go for programmable digital servos, too.
Best regards.
Last edited by haddad; Jan 03, 2013 at 06:11 PM.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 03:41 AM
Semi Expert
Joined Aug 2012
279 Posts
I saw that before, & it isn't correct. Send me your E-Mail address in a private message here & I'll send you the two files I have one at a time, as I have a 10 megabyte E-Mail file size limit. One file is a hair over 9 MegaBytes, the other one is almost 4 MegaBytes.

About the servos, I just heard that a Futaba 9257 is of equal specs as our tail servo by Walkera, but you should validate that (size & power/torque)

Quote:
Originally Posted by haddad View Post
Hi, Iflyhelis,
I finally got something from Walkera, but definitely it's not what you were talking about. It is only a pdf with about 1.2MB. It has four pages full of Devo12 screenshots explaining how to to set it up for the V450D01. But it has some questionable instructions like to set the swash type to 3 servos 120 and to reverse aileron channel...
Any way, how do you feel about using DropBox, or whatever like that, to share some big files?
Meanwhile, I don't think we are screwed by being forced to use Walkera's servos, actually I have just tried a few Corona DS-939MG I had at hand, and they fit. They are a bit slow but ok for scale flying. The Corona DS-929MG would be better, because the specs are close to the Walkera WK-09-9 but are metal gear and cheap.
On the other hand, I'm comfortable with disassembling servos to reverse it.. And we could go for programmable digital servos, too.
Best regards.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 01:13 PM
Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Joined Feb 2010
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iflyhelis View Post
I saw that before, & it isn't correct. Send me your E-Mail address in a private message here & I'll send you the two files I have one at a time, as I have a 10 megabyte E-Mail file size limit. One file is a hair over 9 MegaBytes, the other one is almost 4 MegaBytes.

About the servos, I just heard that a Futaba 9257 is of equal specs as our tail servo by Walkera, but you should validate that (size & power/torque)
Hi, iflyhelis,

I've sent you two private messages but they do not appear on my sent messages folder, so I don't know if the messages were actually sent...

Could you please confirm reception?

Regards
Old Jan 05, 2013, 04:23 AM
Semi Expert
Joined Aug 2012
279 Posts
I got your messages, I sent you a E-Mail that the attachment did not work they must have changed something over on my ISP they now hav a 3 meg limit.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 01:18 PM
Joined Feb 2013
2 Posts
Devo 10 + 2703-hd

Hi, just to go BACK to the original topic,
i UNFORTUNATELY bought this piece of cr*** , curious to see the "6 AXIS STAB" which i understand now is just...3D, gyros on 3axis , because A REAL 6 AXIS STAB MEANS 3 VERTICAL AND HORIZONTALS ACCELEROMETERS plus 3 GYROs, i doubt they Put this, and there are several things i can't figure out.
First, just after unboxing the bird, it was absolutely UNFLyABLE !
Poor quality of settings (kind of random settings every where, like sticckers on blades, devo settings and very poor quality of blades, not the same COG) but the thing which make me crazy is because of the Throttle protection, which require that the throttle trim is at min, make it started on DEVO10 at -12.5% !!!
So all my pitchcurve is useless and the bird fall as soon as i pull down the throttle because the Trim servo SUDDENLY return to the lowest position.
Any idea guys ?
pieroboy is offline Find More Posts by pieroboy