HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 06:17 PM
St. Charles, MO
Joined Aug 2004
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus66 View Post
Can't remember the details, but calibration was easy, even with the original HK firmware, which was a modified version of ER9X.

I would however, strongly advise going to either ER9X or OpenTX. If you delay switching, you will regret it later when you have to redo all you models.

By the way, support is excellent for ER9X

SUCCESS! All it needed was calibration, menu 5/5 on radio setup. I just didn't go far enough when I started over.

I'll check out the other firmware just for info. It was working great as stock until I got the EEProm overload message and still don't know why. Only have 10 models in it and all simple.

Thanks for all the help and inputs. Now to set up all the airplanes again and then have to do "first flights" on all of them

Coop
coop02 is offline Find More Posts by coop02
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 03:06 AM
India, GJ, Bhavnagar
Joined Jun 2009
136 Posts
Hope, my question is on right thread.

My Turnigy 9XR (even there is no moduel in the parcle) stuck in customs for more than 2 months. The reason behind it that, they want Equipment type approval (ETA- the certificate that proves the transmitted radio waves are in limit by the govt. (India) ). I explained them This is a module based tx, and so this radio itself can not emit any radio wave without specific module, but the module which will be purchased (or DIY ) will be responsible for radio waves and its limits. They shown me "sympathy" and they understood it, and assured me that "IF" i can give them some online link or literature that proves Turnigy 9xr is not able to work as "RC Transmitter" as in my parcel condition(without module) then only they can release it.
drpiyush is offline Find More Posts by drpiyush
Old Today, 03:16 AM
Flying a Chipmunk in Portugal
NRW, Germany
Joined Sep 2010
3,275 Posts
Send them the hobbyking product page link. It says that it has no module, right?
jhsa is online now Find More Posts by jhsa
Old Today, 03:20 AM
Joined May 2014
180 Posts
Either that or just send them the frequency specs for a 9X module if they're in range with whatever the indian government is asking for.
rainless is offline Find More Posts by rainless
Old Today, 03:22 AM
India, GJ, Bhavnagar
Joined Jun 2009
136 Posts
Unfortunately, exactly not.

They are not technical person. they don't know what is module based and without module based radio system. They only know word TRANSMITTER. when a product has word transmitter, they just want ETA.
Old Today, 03:54 AM
NRW, Germany
Joined Sep 2010
3,275 Posts
Tell them to look in the module bay. There's nothing in there..
Old Today, 04:09 AM
Joined May 2014
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drpiyush View Post
Unfortunately, exactly not.

They are not technical person. they don't know what is module based and without module based radio system. They only know word TRANSMITTER. when a product has word transmitter, they just want ETA.
Again: Give them the specs for the 9X module.
Old Today, 04:27 AM
India, GJ, Bhavnagar
Joined Jun 2009
136 Posts
Respected all,

Please understand, he personally agreed, but he is not technically authorized to interpret. He need something like clearly written on some webpage that
1. "Turnigy 9xr" is module based radio.
2. A "Module based radio" is not responsible for the RF generated and transmitted.

I was thinking if there is some tutorial or explanation on module based TX and Native 2.4Ghz Tx, that could be helpful. But didn't find anything.

The worst fact is, personally none of them are interested for a 50$ item. They are just following blindly instruction given by Wireless Planning commission of India that any item containing word transmitter must have ETA.
Old Today, 04:53 AM
NRW, Germany
Joined Sep 2010
3,275 Posts
As I said. Send them the product page. Tell them that you bought it without module to use with your flight simulator...
Old Today, 06:40 AM
Joined May 2014
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drpiyush View Post
Respected all,

Please understand, he personally agreed, but he is not technically authorized to interpret. He need something like clearly written on some webpage that
1. "Turnigy 9xr" is module based radio.
2. A "Module based radio" is not responsible for the RF generated and transmitted.

I was thinking if there is some tutorial or explanation on module based TX and Native 2.4Ghz Tx, that could be helpful. But didn't find anything.

The worst fact is, personally none of them are interested for a 50$ item. They are just following blindly instruction given by Wireless Planning commission of India that any item containing word transmitter must have ETA.
For the last time... you will NOT find the information you're looking for. Either you show them the specs for the 9X and tell them you were mistaken about the module thing... or let them ship it back to China.

Those are probably your options.

There is nowhere on the net, that will specifically say that you can't operate this device without the module. Your other option is to just make it up on your own website. Or find a review that might mention it somewhere. If you want you can check out my thread on the 9XR. You can quote me if you want. Hell... Have them give me a call.