Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 19, 2013, 07:22 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Nov 2012
124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by compactrisc View Post
Just got my second v911 (yellow BNF) from banggood (old battery plug). I got my first one (red RTF) from Tmart, both for the heli and RF module in Tx.
Differences I noticed so far:
1. The yellow 911 feels more sturdy, with thicker canopy and stronger landing skid
2. The tail motor cage design is different (slightly better on yellow 911)
3. The yellow 911 flies right out of box with minor trim. while for the red 911, I have to adjust the servo linkage to make a level swashplate.
4. In flight, the yellow 911 feels more stable and gives out a louder sound. while the red 911 feels a little bit shaky and has some weird low pitch humming sound.
5. The yellow 911 needs manual binding every time I switch battery while the red v911 binds to Tx automatically, regardless of the power sequence.
6. main shaft is enclosed on yellow v911 and partially exposed on red v911.
7. they also have different battery holder design, and I like the yellow one better.
8. Main shaft is CF, not metal
9. Swashplate has some brass components ( the 'fisheye')
10. Screw-holes in the supplied main blades look more robust, thicker and better supported mechanically, than stock.blades which are ridiculously thin and borkable.
11. Despite the differences, without canopy and battery, the Y and V models weigh roughly the same (within 0.2g by my scales)

I mainly fly the yellow because it feels mildly more stable and the skids are less flimsy looking. The components transferred from the V were a) batteries and b) the black/orange canopy, because it weighs a bit less and looks better imo.
Thwock is offline Find More Posts by Thwock
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2013, 08:51 PM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Aug 2012
220 Posts
The y911 blades are a definite upgrade fron the authentic WL Toys V911 blades. The authentic WL Toys V911 blades often break at the screw. The interlocking tab and slot and the screw hole of the 'copycat' y911 blades are significantly beefed up.
2_Crash_Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by 2_Crash_Thumbs
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:24 PM
Joined Dec 2012
17 Posts
Anyone try these paddles from SuperSkids?

Name: SuperPaddles.jpg
Views: 102
Size: 14.5 KB
Description:
Smchugh is offline Find More Posts by Smchugh
Last edited by Smchugh; Jan 19, 2013 at 09:25 PM. Reason: more info
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:37 PM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jan 2013
3 Posts
Can anybody shed some light on A1/ B1 blades on the v3 V911?

I broke my first blade the other day and just swapped it out for one of the spares provided in the box (assuming they were all the same). After doing that I noticed that two of the blades are A1 and two are B1, so I don't know what it had on it from original. It now has an A1 and a B1 fitted.

Do you have to have both A1 or both B1 or can they be mixed?

Is there a difference between the blades?
Maso is offline Find More Posts by Maso
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:43 PM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thwock View Post
10. Screw-holes in the supplied main blades look more robust, thicker and better supported mechanically, than stock.blades which are ridiculously thin and borkable.
11. Despite the differences, without canopy and battery, the Y and V models weigh roughly the same (within 0.2g by my scales)

I mainly fly the yellow because it feels mildly more stable and the skids are less flimsy looking. The components transferred from the V were a) batteries and b) the black/orange canopy, because it weighs a bit less and looks better imo.
I agree, except I didn't find any difference in binding the yellow or the white, my favorites, and the WL. The fisheye make the big difference in flight. Although the landing skid look more robust it won't really last longer.
fauconnier is online now Find More Posts by fauconnier
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:32 PM
Joined Dec 2012
210 Posts
Sipple31 Just pop the weight out of the other side of your fly bar and fly it without the weights, you'll find it flies fine without them. Just has a little less self correction.
tracker1955 is offline Find More Posts by tracker1955
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:00 PM
Joined Dec 2012
188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasen40 View Post
@R. Sok, when using a nine eagles shaft, you will also need to use their blades. the featuring shaft (were the blades install) is a smaller diameter.

@ Capt Buddy, I would recommend a quad or a flybarless FP helicopter. These will keep going the direction you told them, until they receive different command. This characterristic is similar to a CP.
ouch, didn't know that. Could I just use the v911 head on the nine eagles shaft?
R.sok is offline Find More Posts by R.sok
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:31 PM
Joined Aug 2008
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maso View Post
Can anybody shed some light on A1/ B1 blades on the v3 V911?

I broke my first blade the other day and just swapped it out for one of the spares provided in the box (assuming they were all the same). After doing that I noticed that two of the blades are A1 and two are B1, so I don't know what it had on it from original. It now has an A1 and a B1 fitted.

Do you have to have both A1 or both B1 or can they be mixed?

Is there a difference between the blades?
Blades marked A and B are the old style. A1 and B1 are new style with a larger base pin and new style rotor head. A1 and B1's are the same. I have 1 911 with one of each.
legend 550 is offline Find More Posts by legend 550
Old Jan 20, 2013, 12:00 AM
Joined Jan 2013
14 Posts
That's so true ... I broke 3 blades 1st day I got the authentic v911, all broke at the screw. previously I've heard v911 is literally indestructible, sounds like Achilles' heel ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_Crash_Thumbs View Post
The y911 blades are a definite upgrade fron the authentic WL Toys V911 blades. The authentic WL Toys V911 blades often break at the screw. The interlocking tab and slot and the screw hole of the 'copycat' y911 blades are significantly beefed up.
compactrisc is offline Find More Posts by compactrisc
Old Jan 20, 2013, 12:03 AM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.sok View Post
ouch, didn't know that. Could I just use the v911 head on the nine eagles shaft?
Yes
Jasen40 is offline Find More Posts by Jasen40
Old Jan 20, 2013, 12:04 AM
Joined Jan 2013
14 Posts
12. The battery comes with yellow 911 is longer and labeled 150mAh. On red v911 the battery is shorter and specs show 120mAh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thwock View Post

compactrisc is offline Find More Posts by compactrisc
Old Jan 20, 2013, 12:06 AM
Joined Dec 2012
86 Posts
@karhar, Does yours take the new or original style batteries. If it uses the original style, you can get the stronger skids made from the Y911 from Banggood, and i have seen them on Ebay also.

TO Jasen 40,
Mine is a new style batt.
karhar is offline Find More Posts by karhar
Old Jan 20, 2013, 12:09 AM
Joined Dec 2012
188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasen40 View Post
Yes
Thanks for the info. My 9 eagles solo pro v2 tailboom & motor came in today, I had no idea the tailboom was so much shorter than the v911. but the motors are the same size so that's a relief
R.sok is offline Find More Posts by R.sok
Old Jan 20, 2013, 12:11 AM
Bash crash hopefully no splash
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Apr 2012
584 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.sok View Post
Absolutely! They just unscrew and pull off.
Flyingboats is offline Find More Posts by Flyingboats
Old Jan 20, 2013, 12:12 AM
Bash crash hopefully no splash
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Apr 2012
584 Posts
Does anyone know if the Y911 blades are available to buy as replacements? I haven't seen them, although I never actually broke one (despite my best attempts).

Waiting for a new Y911 to arrive to replace my last one which was swallowed by a mysterious black hole at the top of one of our trees. It was a tragic tale, last circuit on a dying battery, then sucked out of sight by a downdraft on the far side of the house . When it reappeared at full climb, the battery was fading and the wind blew it into the tree (before the black hole swallowed it!) Despite searching high and low (and my wife even went searching for it and climbed to the top of the tree looking) we couldn't find it

Impressed with the Y911 though and it's been my favourite. Flies nice funnels and took a thrashing outside with almost nothing broken (just some landing skid repairs done with hot glue). Only mod was a Helios flybar, and an original canopy to save weight.
Flyingboats is offline Find More Posts by Flyingboats