HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:58 AM
United States, GA, Pooler
Joined Nov 2008
307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerofundan View Post
I have been in this hobby for over 15 years, and i have built kits and many arfs. The PA planes are easy to build, the instructions are very clear, yes they use different methods than standard, but if you take the time to read the instructions it isn't hard. Also they are planes that will last for thousands of flights!
I wish you could come to GA and build my Bandit Daniel! Actually, I don't think Chris lives too far from me lol.
pilot_keeter is offline Find More Posts by pilot_keeter
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 22, 2012, 01:20 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,163 Posts
@Pilot~ I am recovering from a surgery right now, but if you want to come into the city (Atlanta) sometime next week, I would be happy to help you out.
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My New Workshop
Old Nov 22, 2012, 02:58 PM
Joined Nov 2008
307 Posts
I may take you up on that. My work scheduling might not allow it next week, but I do have some vacation time to use soon.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 03:17 AM
I'm torquing to you!
Wattle Grove NSW Australia
Joined Nov 2006
7,345 Posts
Put 4 batteries through my Bandit today You don't fly it for s few weeks and forget how good it is!
Mr Kamikaze is offline Find More Posts by Mr Kamikaze
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hucking my Katana MX
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:37 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot_keeter View Post
I may take you up on that. My work scheduling might not allow it next week, but I do have some vacation time to use soon.
Happy to help. Shoot me an email when you are ready and we will get you all set up. bsbauman@gmail.com.

As I mentioned previously, I have not yet built the bandit but have built several other PA planes and I imagine the assembly process does not differ too greatly.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 25, 2012, 06:36 PM
Landing, watch your ass!!!
Joined Dec 2010
89 Posts
Yes. I mean it , They really should packed the plane well since it contain a kit so expensive. So disappoint ....damn
flyball is offline Find More Posts by flyball
Old Nov 26, 2012, 05:33 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyball View Post
I got a pile of crap today, the bad package. No way to repair it again. bad real frustrating....
Quote:
Yes. I mean it , They really should packed the plane well since it contain a kit so expensive. So disappoint ....damn
You are very sparse with the information you provided.

Had you taken pics of the package when you received it (before opening)?
Any pics of the damaged contents?

If a package arrives damaged, I will refuse to sign for it. Or if it was left at the doorstep, did you contact the postal carrier to report damages and make a claim?

Had you sent any pictures, or attempted to contact PA?

What I am trying to say, is that there are proactive steps YOU can take to find resolution. Have you done any of these things to follow up and protect your investment?

What did the post office say?

Really, your first remark regarding this was 9 days ago. If you do not take any proactive steps towards resolution for over a week after you received this package, it does raise some questions... Moreover, if you are not being proactive then it is kinda inappropriate to just complain if you are not doing anything else to protect your own interests.

If you have done nothing other than post 2 comments on the boards, then I really do not have much sympathy.

BUT if you have been proactive, what have you done to resolve the issue? Please, share with us your perspective here.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 26, 2012, 06:03 PM
I'm torquing to you!
Joined Nov 2006
7,345 Posts
Quote:
The kits are double boxed and fully taped down. I don't know of anyone who does more. Sounds like you need to ask your postal service.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hucking my Katana MX
Old Nov 26, 2012, 07:22 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kamikaze View Post
The kits are double boxed and fully taped down. I don't know of anyone who does more. Sounds like you need to ask your postal service.
I have also found their packaging to be more than sufficient. Which is why I would love to hear more of this story, some details before he puts the blame on PA. We all know postal carriers have no regard for treatment of packages and they could give a damn of the contents. It is very likely that the package was mishandled, but with the sparse information provided I think it is unfair to blame PA without pics and more details.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 26, 2012, 07:59 PM
Joined Nov 2008
307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman View Post
I have also found their packaging to be more than sufficient. Which is why I would love to hear more of this story, some details before he puts the blame on PA. We all know postal carriers have no regard for treatment of packages and they could give a damn of the contents. It is very likely that the package was mishandled, but with the sparse information provided I think it is unfair to blame PA without pics and more details.
I agree, although my build has been difficult, the packaging was the best!
Old Nov 27, 2012, 03:15 AM
United Kingdom, Cullompton
Joined Apr 2011
75 Posts
Help this tormented soul!

Hi

I need some help from people who know the PA Bandit well!

I first saw this plane early last year and straight away I thought it looked awesome. I was in the market for my first aerobatic/3D plane and came so close to going for it. Being a relative novice, however, I was keen to get something that was as stable as possible in 3D manoeuvres and this is where I read a few slightly negative things about the model in this forum. As a result I went with an EF model, and that certainly flies every bit as well as I'd hoped, BUT it's not a Bandit!

I still just love the way the Bandit looks and am teetering on the edge of getting one once again but , again have read mixed messages about it's flight characteristics. I cannot justify swapping an excellent flying model for one which is way inferior based on looks alone. So, you guys who know the Bandit well, could you give me a concise, honest evaluation of how this thing flies for precision and 3D aerobatics so I can put myself out of my misery and decide once and for all!

Many thanks

Mark
mrbeacham68 is offline Find More Posts by mrbeacham68
Old Nov 27, 2012, 04:58 AM
how'd I do that....oh
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined May 2011
2,251 Posts
just have a look at this vid of Daniel flying it.
i think it says more than enough
PA Bandit - iPAs 3s setup Flown by Daniel Dominguez (7 min 56 sec)
chop stiX is offline Find More Posts by chop stiX
Old Nov 27, 2012, 05:09 AM
Joined Apr 2011
75 Posts
Thanks. Breathtaking. I'm curious also to hear what mere mortals say about their experience with it!
Old Nov 27, 2012, 05:16 AM
I'm torquing to you!
Joined Nov 2006
7,345 Posts
Here's a video of my maiden Bandit flight. You can see how straight and accurate the Bandit flys right out of the box. You'll see close to perfect arrow straight uplines, fast level passes, slow level passes and fast rolls that stop on a dime. It even gave the confidence to try low hovering and torque rolls and rolling harrier circles and loops. All of this on the maiden... I love it!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=IxYbJpBQhFY
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Mr Kamikaze; Nov 27, 2012 at 05:35 AM.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 05:18 AM
Joined Apr 2011
75 Posts
Thanks Mr K. I can feel the credit card starting to tingle.....