New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 11, 2014, 11:03 AM
Find More Posts by JoseLuis28
Colmenar Viejo - Madrid - Spain
Joined Jan 2009
304 Posts
Discussion
The controller in another servo

1st. af all, I donīt recommend anyone to do things like that on board in an airplane , heli, or dron.

I have damaged the controller of the servo Turginy 9150MG, but its pinions are OK.

I have damaged the pinions of the HS645MG, but its controller is OK.

So, Iīve installed the HS645MGīs Controller board on the 9150 , and itīs working good and its temperature is good too.

Could I have any problem flying ?

And about torque & speed , I think it should be similar to the 9150.
What do you think ?

THKS

Jose Luis
JoseLuis28 is offline Find More Posts by JoseLuis28
Last edited by JoseLuis28; Dec 19, 2014 at 11:27 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2014, 02:08 PM
Joined Jan 2009
304 Posts
I think Iīm going to use it on board, I have more than an hour conected, sometimes moving its arm very very fast, no hot spots. Always working good.

I mount it.

One detail, you cannot change the POT, cos I did it, and it works bad.
So I deduct that the value of the POT depends of the electric engine.

So, I only have changed the controller board, the green one.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 08:24 AM
Joined Jan 2009
304 Posts
Yesterday I was flying with the rigged servo, itīs controlling one elevator, everything was OK, also, itīs the same speed than the other one. .

Vuelo MXS 32cc. (1 min 45 sec)
Last edited by JoseLuis28; Dec 19, 2014 at 05:17 PM.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 09:27 AM
Find More Posts by Acetronics
"MAYONNAISE"
Le Treport, France
Joined Jun 2004
1,482 Posts
so ...

you only are a lucky guy !!!

Alain
Acetronics is offline Find More Posts by Acetronics
Old Dec 19, 2014, 03:19 PM
Find More Posts by learningarduino
Germany, NRW, Mettingen
Joined Oct 2014
58 Posts
I really hope you only fly with that rigged servo where a failure can only kill you and no one else.
Such contraptions are ok for non-critical applications like shifting gears on a electric car or moving some scale parts, even steering for a car not used where anyone can be hurt, but absolutely not for anything flying.
learningarduino is online now Find More Posts by learningarduino
Old Dec 19, 2014, 04:43 PM
Joined Jan 2009
304 Posts
Of course, I donīt recommend anyone to do things like that.

Sorry, I forgot to mention this.

Anyway , thks for your nice messages.

learningarduino, donīt worry, Iīll only kill myself.

Old Dec 19, 2014, 04:53 PM
Joined Jan 2009
304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acetronics View Post
so ...

you only are a lucky guy !!!

Alain
Alain, I donīt see any problem, itīs a controller for the same kind of engine, similar power engines by its size, I believe that intensity should reach similar values. But , I cannot confirm cos I donīt have other 9150. In the other hand, Iīve tested previously , at home, hard tests, no problem has appeared, not hot spots. Yesterday, 3 flight 14minutes each, no problem Iīve noticed.

Where is the technnical problem ?, please explain me, if you convince me, Iīll remove it. Be sure.

lucky guy ? of course , YES, be sure too. Terrible accident many years ago, only the arm. Another one, I passed through the carīs window, nothing. Very lucky.

Only ? my own design, my own code : http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2232296

Working not good, excellent in the plane youīve seen. I have more devices working good too.

Jose Luis
Last edited by JoseLuis28; Dec 23, 2014 at 01:49 PM.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 06:45 AM
Find More Posts by Acetronics
"MAYONNAISE"
Le Treport, France
Joined Jun 2004
1,482 Posts
Hi, Jose Luis

a servomotor deals with control technique ...

now, when motor, gear train, feedback, and load are quite the same, you'll use same control circuit with success.

just change for a 360° or more servo ( for winch ) and you'll see what I'm telling here. examples ( the bad ones ) in the Hitec servo range !!!

same if you want to use a classical servo amp in a very fast servo.

that's it ... many books about control technique exist, so, you easily can have further ( and mathematical )explanations about that ... look for "dampening"

Just yours to read those books ...

Alain
Acetronics is offline Find More Posts by Acetronics
Old Dec 23, 2014, 01:47 PM
Joined Jan 2009
304 Posts
OK Alain, thatīs a good idea.

Therefore , in my case, the experience is telling me that those parameters youīve told me, they must be very similar.

I have 3 flights more, 6 in total, itīs about 90minutes, and I havenīt noticed any problem, no one.

Also, I have the plane very near me, I enjoy it, itīs relax time for me, in serious. As you saw Iīm doing positive Harriers, and I can see clearly the movements of both elevators, perfect. Alain , Iīm the first surprised , but after my tests, 90minutes flying, experience is important too, and itīs telling me that the rigged servo and itīs parts are 100% compatible. BTW, of course, you were right, Iīm lucky.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your recomendations, and Iīll take a look as soon as possible. BTW, now, Iīm working hardly in another design for a friend, but, in my free time, I need some relax time.

RGDS

Jose Luis
Last edited by JoseLuis28; Dec 24, 2014 at 05:39 PM.
Old Jan 03, 2015, 04:33 AM
Find More Posts by KraftyOne
My 1st R/C had 2 valves !
Settled in "The Shoalhaven", Au.
Joined Jul 2007
656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseLuis28 View Post
Therefore , in my case, the experience is telling me that those parameters youīve told me, they must be very similar.
Jose Luis
In my experience you are right. The 2 main parameters here are the electrical characteristics of the motor, (acceleration and damping), and the overall ratio of the gearbox, (feedback and damping). If these are similar, the servo should work OK.

I have inter-changed many servo amps in years past, if the servo motor/mechanics were very different, some adjustment of the feedback and damping was necessary. This was easy to do in the discrete component days, these days, not so.

I have probably the only Kraft "digital" servo in captivity, a KPS-20H fitted with an amp salvaged from a Hextronics digital servo. It has controlled the elevators on my Katana V2 for the last year, no problems.

Why, because that's what I do...

Cheers, EGB.
Kraft Radio Recycler.
KraftyOne is offline Find More Posts by KraftyOne
Old Jan 03, 2015, 07:43 AM
Joined Jan 2009
304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KraftyOne View Post
In my experience you are right. The 2 main parameters here are the electrical characteristics of the motor, (acceleration and damping), and the overall ratio of the gearbox, (feedback and damping). If these are similar, the servo should work OK.

I have inter-changed many servo amps in years past, if the servo motor/mechanics were very different, some adjustment of the feedback and damping was necessary. This was easy to do in the discrete component days, these days, not so.

I have probably the only Kraft "digital" servo in captivity, a KPS-20H fitted with an amp salvaged from a Hextronics digital servo. It has controlled the elevators on my Katana V2 for the last year, no problems.

Why, because that's what I do...  

Cheers, EGB.
Kraft Radio Recycler.
Thanks EGB.

So you trust too much on yourself, same as me. Iīm telling you, people who goes to fly thinking that are going to crash on flight, finally, soon or later, theyīll crash.
I have many hours flying, sometimes 10 airplanes flying, no crash with another one, no one at the moment.

Simply, I donīt think things like that.

BTW , Iīve eluded some of them during the flights, I enjoy it, itīs funny.

Sorry one crash, but it was my intention. It was during a "fox hunting", (I donīt know how do you call in your country), I donīt care about the tape, I go directly to the fox.

And you and many people knows, if me, you, anyone hasnīt any problem during 90min., no problem will appear in te future. With the exception of the TŠ, I donīt know, Iīll see in summer.

Weather conditions are important. I estimate important to check that before flying.

Cheers

Jose Luis
Last edited by JoseLuis28; Jan 03, 2015 at 09:51 AM.