New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 26, 2015, 11:38 AM
Find More Posts by apriliamille
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2008
284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadstickDuck View Post
You're just one of us, already been done because it's a logical modification, you got a feel for it.

Just chalk it up to years of experience
unfortunately my plane building base is on a much larger scale so my thinking small and having to worry about "space" knowledge is limited

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadstickDuck View Post
Order yourself a few (5) $6 Lemon Rx

http://www.lemon-rx.com/shop/index.p...&product_id=92
would be nice if i could.
if only horizon hobby hadnt angered me way back when i first started flying id still have my spektrum stuff. (and the ONLY thing i have where HH has touched my money in the past 8 years is my radian) my transmitters are an Airtronics SD10G for my electrics and JR XG14 for gas and heli use (with a dang park rx on the way due to my short fuse when it didnt fit. the first thing i thought was "fine this wont fit where it is supposed to I'll order a park flyer rx" and clicked the order button. i might burn the 6 bucks return shipping and send it back. hopefully the shop i bought it from wont get annoyed at me for it

i also think im going to resolder my esc to motor by shortening the wires and hard soldering right to the esc and re shrink wrap it. get rid of some excess wires....
apriliamille is online now Find More Posts by apriliamille
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 26, 2015, 12:19 PM
Find More Posts by DeadstickDuck
Electric
Joined Oct 2009
1,668 Posts
Shorter leads are always less resistant.
DeadstickDuck is offline Find More Posts by DeadstickDuck
Old Jul 26, 2015, 09:45 PM
Find More Posts by strat1960s
Life is good!
United States, TX, Schertz
Joined Jul 2007
420 Posts
I recently bought an airbrush and started painting small things. I've wanted to add some personal touches to the Kunai, but didn't want to peel the coating off to make it my own. I was talking with a guy at a local hobby store. He said there was a chemical (don't recall the name) that would strip the paint without damaging the coating. I'm going through an 80s phase where I want to paint everything bright neon colors. I'll follow up with the guy and see what he used. I'm replacing my main wing set anyways so it won't hurt my feelings to experiment on the existing wing set.
I'll post more as I learn more. I might just get a custom Kunai!

Ted
strat1960s is online now Find More Posts by strat1960s
Old Jul 27, 2015, 01:08 AM
Find More Posts by DeadstickDuck
Electric
Joined Oct 2009
1,668 Posts
That covering material is resistant to all stripping agents, like acetone or turpentine. I stripped my wings and made my own schemes, CA hinges and CF strips and wing pin/wing bolt FG.

Wing weighs an ounce less and is 2x stronger.

My planes are dialed in, go ahead strip them!
DeadstickDuck is offline Find More Posts by DeadstickDuck