Old Aug 01, 2013, 01:20 PM
Find More Posts by teost
Italy, Veneto
Joined Aug 2013
39 Posts
Discussion
Best mini/micro quadcopter

Hi guys ,
some time ago I decided to buy a quadcopter (I had previous RC experiences, but only with airplanes) so I bought my first quad, an Hubsan X4L, I like it very much, in normal mode it's easy to pilot, so I found it perfect for indoor, but then when I went outdoor I enjoyed it a lot in expert mode, it's nimble and fast.
I started to practice doing flips, with a lot of crashes of course , but it still flies perfectly, with only a few scratches on the body and props .
I'm now looking forward to buy another quad, and I don't really know which one to choose, so, what are for you guys the best mini or micro quadcopters?
teost is offline Find More Posts by teost
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 01, 2013, 02:04 PM
Find More Posts by jason4207
Eye to the sky!
United States, NC, Concord
Joined Dec 2012
1,373 Posts
I really like the Nano QX (nQX). It is the best indoor flyer IMO, and decent outdoors if the wind isn't too high. It has an acrobatic mode that will really test your skills! But, also has a great SAFE mode to learn by. In SAFE mode it doesn't auto-level as aggressively as the X4, so it is a good stepping stone b/n X4 and full acro mode.

Then later you can take the FC out of the nQX and use it in larger quads to really get the full experience. Once you do this it can handle strong winds.
jason4207 is offline Find More Posts by jason4207
Old Aug 01, 2013, 02:10 PM
Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
Not here to help stupids
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
5,150 Posts
It depends what you are going to spend.

Imho the best in both mini and micro line are Blade mQX and nQX.
Unfortunately both are the most expensive ones in their branch and also need a much better (therefore more expensive) TX to really show their benefits.

To give you an (somewhat cheaper) micro alternative: micro Qbot or Hisky ff120 (both are the same but different branded), needs a decent TX also.

In the Mini world you should hold back a bit, there are some quite decent brushless ones coming!

-mike-
mikefromgermany is offline Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
Old Aug 02, 2013, 04:38 AM
Find More Posts by teost
Italy, Veneto
Joined Aug 2013
39 Posts
Thanks for the answers , the Blade mQx and nQx are nice, but they're a bit too expensive, maybe I'll buy an nQx, but during Christmas period. I was thinking about a WL Toys 252 or maybe to build a Frankenquad.
The fact is that I want to buy a Walkera Devo 7e, and modify it to bind my X4, and maybe future walkera's quad or WL toys, so I'll use only one TX for most of my quads.
Is the nQx bindable with the Devo 7e? Because if it is we may have found the right one, if it is not what are other good quads bindable with Devo 7e?
teost is offline Find More Posts by teost
Old Aug 02, 2013, 06:42 AM
Find More Posts by Bruno028
Australia, NSW, Allambie Heights
Joined Mar 2012
86 Posts
im having great experience with the Hubsan X4, really great quality on the feel!
amazing price for what you get.
Bruno028 is offline Find More Posts by Bruno028
Old Aug 02, 2013, 06:45 AM
Find More Posts by jason4207
Eye to the sky!
United States, NC, Concord
Joined Dec 2012
1,373 Posts
All Blade products work with any Devo Tx that has deviation installed. You don't even need to add additional radio modules to get it to work. Blade uses DSM2/DSMX which is what is built into the Devo's stock radio module.
jason4207 is offline Find More Posts by jason4207
Old Aug 11, 2013, 12:39 AM
Find More Posts by rcJosh
Joined Dec 2011
28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefromgermany View Post
It depends what you are going to spend.

Imho the best in both mini and micro line are Blade mQX and nQX.
Unfortunately both are the most expensive ones in their branch and also need a much better (therefore more expensive) TX to really show their benefits.

To give you an (somewhat cheaper) micro alternative: micro Qbot or Hisky ff120 (both are the same but different branded), needs a decent TX also.

In the Mini world you should hold back a bit, there are some quite decent brushless ones coming!

-mike-
I just got my V212s and I want to buy my first indoor quads.
I think the V202's will work with the same controller (?) but I read that they are good outdoors & with wind, but not the best for indoors.

What brushless options are coming?
and are they going to be 'top of the class' expensive?
rcJosh is offline Find More Posts by rcJosh
Old Aug 11, 2013, 01:26 AM
Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
Not here to help stupids
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
5,150 Posts
Indoors seems to be the nQX the best choice (I can tell you in 2 weeks when mine is delivered) because of the durability and less mass.
Right after the nQX comes the X4, but it is more likely to break sth. when crashing.

Both are exceptionally nimble and spot on for precise flying. A decent TX is a must for both anyway then.

Brushless mini sized:
Skyartec Butterfly: On the market already. Seems to be too slow for speed flying later on, quite overdampened, not so good reviews yet. 170 USD RTF with proprietary TX

RC Eye One Xtreme: Constantly delayed, You will get it in fall probably. Exorbitant development, company worked its features with RCG community, suitable for FPV, aerial photography/video and acro just with a flick of your finger. 150 USD with proprietary TX or a module for your own TX.

-mike-
mikefromgermany is offline Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
Old May 04, 2015, 09:27 AM
Find More Posts by TravisBean
Have Guitar Will Travel
The Digital Domain
Joined Nov 2008
1,496 Posts
Bump this thread. Alot of new quads since 2013.
TravisBean is offline Find More Posts by TravisBean
Old Oct 15, 2015, 02:26 PM
Find More Posts by lesto
Joined Apr 2010
19 Posts
bump because interested
lesto is offline Find More Posts by lesto