New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 30, 2015, 09:28 AM
Find More Posts by darticus
United States, NJ, Sparta Township
Joined Mar 2007
1,082 Posts
Discussion
Umx gee bee compared to flying beast or pitts

Anyone have the chance to fly some of these planes? Don't want to fly the GEE BEE if its crazier than the Pitts or the Beast. I fly in a smaller area than most and wondered if the BG is able to deal with it or is it a tough plane to fly. Advice needed. Thanks Ron
darticus is offline Find More Posts by darticus
to remove ads between posts
Old May 01, 2015, 01:08 PM
Find More Posts by GradyLee
Parkstormer!
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2010
2,071 Posts
I've not had the Beast, but I have the Pitts and used to have a Gee Bee. I never really enjoyed the Gee Bee--it was a decent flyer, but I found it harder to land, and also found the gear to be pretty fragile. I'm sure you'll hear other opinions, but I've found the Pitts to be much easier to fly and land, as well as more enjoyable and durable.
GradyLee is offline Find More Posts by GradyLee
Old May 01, 2015, 02:34 PM
Find More Posts by darticus
United States, NJ, Sparta Township
Joined Mar 2007
1,082 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyLee View Post
I've not had the Beast, but I have the Pitts and used to have a Gee Bee. I never really enjoyed the Gee Bee--it was a decent flyer, but I found it harder to land, and also found the gear to be pretty fragile. I'm sure you'll hear other opinions, but I've found the Pitts to be much easier to fly and land, as well as more enjoyable and durable.
I think the Gee Bee is better on a shelf. Looks nice but wondered about trying to fly in my small area. I do most of my flying in an area of about 75 feet across with trees 50 foot high around the outside. The Pitts flies good but a little fast for the area as is the Beast, UMX 54 180 and the UMX Carbon Cub SS. I'll have to fly the Carbon Cub SS with its flap down to see if it slows it down at all. Maybe I'll have to try the Gee Bee in a larger area. Thanks Ron
darticus is offline Find More Posts by darticus
Old May 01, 2015, 03:17 PM
Find More Posts by GradyLee
Parkstormer!
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2010
2,071 Posts
No problem; the Pitts can fly more slowly than the Gee Bee, again, at least in my experience, so I agree that the Gee Bee might not be a good choice for your small area . . .
GradyLee is offline Find More Posts by GradyLee