HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 20, 2014, 06:30 PM
Team JR
San Diego
Joined Feb 2002
1,923 Posts
Discussion
Rare Air Acquired!

Thanks to Craig Rebeck.. I got my grubby hands on a some pretty rare stuff today.

1 NIB Savage 72" kit
1 NIB Son of Savage 50" kit
1 NIB Joe Manor Son of Savage 42" glass kit.

You have no idea how much memory comes with these airplanes for me. I used to fly with Mark Rebeck, and though we weren't "friends" per se, he knew me, and I knew him from our days of flying at Torrey Pines, and when he'd come out with a new kit, I ALWAYS had to have one.

Part of me wants to just tuck them away and keep them neat and tidy, but a much bigger part of me wants to build and fly them so I can relive that part of my younger days again..

Doug Cronkhite is online now Find More Posts by Doug Cronkhite
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 20, 2014, 11:51 PM
Carlsbad, Ca
Joined Mar 2007
3,165 Posts
Congrats Doug,

Nice little haul their. Looks like all you need is a SOS 60" to complete your trifecta + the 'original' Savage.

Did you also fly with Charlie and Mark?
chip.greely is offline Find More Posts by chip.greely
Old Jun 20, 2014, 11:52 PM
Team JR
San Diego
Joined Feb 2002
1,923 Posts
I flew with Charlie some, but I doubt he'd remember me. By that time, I was big into the PSS stuff, with Cliff Hangar Models.. Then I built and flew some of TFLG's Slope Scale stuff, and Ken Stuhr's VS Sailplanes airplanes too.
Doug Cronkhite is online now Find More Posts by Doug Cronkhite
Old Jun 24, 2014, 06:11 PM
Aliso Viejo, CA
Joined Jul 2009
112 Posts
Doug, it was great to meet you at Dave's Beach on Friday for the delivery of your kits. I'm glad we hooked up and that you are excited about the kits. I wanted them to go to someone that would appreciate them. It is too bad that we did not have more time to talk or even fly a little. I brought a few planes with me just in case the wind was blowing and luckily it was a bit. It was my first time at Dave's Beach and I had a real blast flying my Parkzone Ka8 for a couple of hours. It is a fun place to fly and the local group was really friendly and welcoming. I hope to make it down again in the near future. Keep me posted on your builds of the kits and hopefully we can fly together in the future.

Craig Rebeck
SOS-TopGunsBro is offline Find More Posts by SOS-TopGunsBro