HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 19, 2014, 10:09 PM
United States, KY, Lexington
Joined Oct 2011
60 Posts
i am picking up a 300 cfx tomorrow and after downloading the setup from spektrum to my dx9 i am stumped about the aux1,2,3 channel being used. i understand basic programming but this is my first collective. had boring sr120 last and have 30 years in rc giant scale and turbines. i always wanted to master basic flying of a heli and never made it past forward flight with a schluter champion and a raptor 28 many years ago. can you explain the spektrum setup and if it is not a good start can you email your setup to me and explain the toggles and their uses. i so understand the hold and throttle up normal mode ideas.
thanks in advance
joe
ishu4u2@gmail.com

also where are you located if not far i may want to take a road trip for some lessons to get me started in right direction
horsefeet is online now Find More Posts by horsefeet
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2014, 10:15 PM
Joined Jan 2012
620 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by horsefeet View Post
i am picking up a 300 cfx tomorrow and after downloading the setup from spektrum to my dx9 i am stumped about the aux1,2,3 channel being used. i understand basic programming but this is my first collective. had boring sr120 last and have 30 years in rc giant scale and turbines. i always wanted to master basic flying of a heli and never made it past forward flight with a schluter champion and a raptor 28 many years ago. can you explain the spektrum setup and if it is not a good start can you email your setup to me and explain the toggles and their uses. i so understand the hold and throttle up normal mode ideas.
thanks in advance
joe
ishu4u2@gmail.com

also where are you located if not far i may want to take a road trip for some lessons to get me started in right direction
Are you sure you really want to start CP flight with a 300 CFX? It can be a pretty fast heli at 80% and higher throttle. It doesn't crash nicely either. A smaller bird may be easier on your wallet crash-wise.
OrbitalGolem is offline Find More Posts by OrbitalGolem
Old Nov 26, 2014, 12:20 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,472 Posts
You have alot of experience on much bigger and different planks. 300CF-x will be a hand ful. i guess sim pratice, or even Nano CP-X. tiny but great flyer and durable. good luck/ happy landings,
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Nov 29, 2014, 10:38 PM
United States, KY, Lexington
Joined Oct 2011
60 Posts
got a nano cpx bl on its way from classifieds.. should be fun
horsefeet is online now Find More Posts by horsefeet