HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 21, 2014, 02:53 PM
CPA# 39
United States, MN, Brooklyn Center
Joined May 2009
746 Posts
I received my cores from Don Turnock at Erueka Aircraft. I am very happy with these. As the pics will show, he cut them perfect to the outline. I am well pleased!

Thanks Don!!!

Be forewarned... The outline on the plans are inaccurate to the cores cut for the original kit.

Jim Oliver traced templates for the GE airfoil off his original Bridi Hobbies Great Escape kit for me a few years ago. The Bridi airfoil is thicker than the plans. I sent those measurements to Don and he was faithful to my request!

I like what I have.

I also posted a few pics trying to decide which mechanical retract units I want to use. I think the Robarts will win out because they are more compact and the pneumatic 605's I am using in my Super Kaos work flawlessly.

I was hoping the Hangar 9 P51 units with self contained servos would work, but the offset rotation for the P51 was just too much.... bummer. I'll have to use these in my TF P51B.

Brian
EscapeFlyer is offline Find More Posts by EscapeFlyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 22, 2014, 01:56 AM
michigan jet guy
USA, MI, Caledonia
Joined Jul 2007
1,110 Posts
you'll be happy with those 605 retracts. I have a set in my ultra sport and I have not had any problems with them at all even after some not so perfect landings. Looking forward to more progress on your build. Phil
mrshea is offline Find More Posts by mrshea
Old Mar 22, 2014, 12:50 PM
CPA# 39
United States, MN, Brooklyn Center
Joined May 2009
746 Posts
Thank you Phil!

Building with foam cores is still new to me. So setting up the gear forward for a tail-dragger is a new experience for me.

I am also getting all my materials together to vacuum bag it.

This'll be fun!

Brian
EscapeFlyer is offline Find More Posts by EscapeFlyer