SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 25, 2012, 04:45 PM
Don't take any wooden nickels
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
2,360 Posts
Discussion
aggression here lately?

1. What's up with it, (aggression)? ...testosterone? I don't feel it, that bad, not over the internet. I might as well be mad at my monitor... that's what's stimulating it.

2. Do people just take light stuff or opinions personally?

3. Why go out of your way to try and attack and 'expose' someone else's 'flaws', 'weakness', way of life, or what they are or choose to be?

This may not be the place to post this, it's not helicopter related, but instead related to this forum I believe, from what I've seen recently.

Otherwise there's a great majority of, what seems like good and helpful people here that I have learned a lot from. Which has been my overall experience of rcgroups, the heli threads in particular.

I'm not preaching, I don't know the answers. I think the questions are more important than the answers in human cases... there's a HUGE chance every answer we have ever come up with is wrong, and we as humans (relative beings) are too stupid to ever know the remaining truths.
finguz is online now Find More Posts by finguz
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 25, 2012, 05:47 PM
Complete RC Idiot Savant
The Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
3,027 Posts
+1!
Brutus1967 is online now Find More Posts by Brutus1967
Old Nov 25, 2012, 06:36 PM
AMA 994002
United States, RI, Westerly
Joined May 2012
1,050 Posts
How's things out there in El Cajon? I lived out in that general area (La Jolla, Chula Vista, North Park, Mission Beach, etc.) back in the '80's, but to answer your question, I generally get whatever information I seek here and other forums, mostly some pretty knowledgeable people here I've found...
matiac is offline Find More Posts by matiac
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Stability issue
Old Nov 25, 2012, 06:40 PM
Get to the choppa!
United States, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Sep 2012
358 Posts
Ya I agree. so many people take things personally.

I think it is human nature. You see it in all aspects, mustang owners hate camaros and vice versa. Drivers of Ram trucks hate Ford trucks. Humans have some kind of inherent need to believe that they made the right choice.

I dont buy into it myself. If you have a great helicopter I am happy for you.
RFDelie is offline Find More Posts by RFDelie
Old Nov 25, 2012, 06:57 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matiac View Post
How's things out there in El Cajon? I lived out in that general area (La Jolla, Chula Vista, North Park, Mission Beach, etc.) back in the '80's, but to answer your question, I generally get whatever information I seek here and other forums, mostly some pretty knowledgeable people here I've found...
That's cool man.

how's El Cajon? Still kinda ghetto, but only as much as the people make it. And a lot of people here somehow glamorize being ghetto. Even though it's really not all that bad, ghetto, or whatever here. I think people here take rap, movies, and tv like it's all real.

San Diego isn't bad overall, expensive though. Aside from the wannaG's, a lot of people here seem pretentious but maybe that's everywhere. There are some cool, down to earth people here though too.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 07:33 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2010
1,025 Posts
At least part of the aggression the last few days is in protest to the recent very public ban - it's an attempt to disrupt the forum and teach the users and mods and admins a lesson.
karlik is offline Find More Posts by karlik
Old Nov 25, 2012, 08:51 PM
AMA 994002
United States, RI, Westerly
Joined May 2012
1,050 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by finguz View Post
That's cool man.

how's El Cajon? Still kinda ghetto, but only as much as the people make it. And a lot of people here somehow glamorize being ghetto. Even though it's really not all that bad, ghetto, or whatever here. I think people here take rap, movies, and tv like it's all real.

San Diego isn't bad overall, expensive though. Aside from the wannaG's, a lot of people here seem pretentious but maybe that's everywhere. There are some cool, down to earth people here though too.
It was pretty spendy when I lived there before, but back then Logan Heights was the "Ghetto" scene, back when those Crips and Bloods ran just about everything out that way. I used to work at Southwest Marine sheetmetal welding when I was there, mostly kelp barges, but they got one of Royal Carribean's boats to overhaul, and didn't finish it in time, and that was when I got laid off, and cme back to Rhode Island with my last 150 bucks...NEVER ride a bus again after that nightmare!
matiac is offline Find More Posts by matiac
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Stability issue
Old Nov 25, 2012, 09:21 PM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
4,477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlik View Post
At least part of the aggression the last few days is in protest to the recent very public ban - it's an attempt to disrupt the forum and teach the users and mods and admins a lesson.
Protest? The very thread that was the focus changed from a flame thread to a debate the moment he was banned.
Hajile is online now Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:33 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,318 Posts
I haven't seen any aggression either except from one suspended member. He has said he will be back under multiple user names and access via proxies.. In fact, I am pretty sure he is back. This thread will just encourage him to do that.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:34 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matiac View Post
It was pretty spendy when I lived there before, but back then Logan Heights was the "Ghetto" scene, back when those Crips and Bloods ran just about everything out that way. I used to work at Southwest Marine sheetmetal welding when I was there, mostly kelp barges, but they got one of Royal Carribean's boats to overhaul, and didn't finish it in time, and that was when I got laid off, and cme back to Rhode Island with my last 150 bucks...NEVER ride a bus again after that nightmare!
Yeah, Logan Heights is still one of the worst areas around here for stuff like that, but it's rampant all around, I don't know the worst.

Cool about SWM, I used to work for a couple of their supply vendors and visited there often from 2002-2008. They're BAE now, or since I checked. Sorry to hear your got laid off from there, that always sucks.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:45 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
I haven't seen any aggression either except from one suspended member. He has said he will be back under multiple user names and access via proxies.. In fact, I am pretty sure he is back. This thread will just encourage him to do that.
So he's going to travel back in time and say everything he said because of my thread? He obviously has a personal vendetta of some kind regardless of what anyone says. I don't know why he'd even choose to come back, for what? He can do what he wants in my opinion, I don't care.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:48 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2010
1,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
Two accounts were supspended / banned today, probably both belonged to one person.
karlik is offline Find More Posts by karlik
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:51 PM
unlicensed helicopter nut
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Where's the heli in this thread? (besides the avatars?)
zen@lanset.com is offline Find More Posts by zen@lanset.com
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:05 PM
Lou
Well, that should buff out.
United States, VA, Waynesboro
Joined Dec 2005
5,761 Posts
Quote:
1. What's up with it, (aggression)? ...testosterone? I don't feel it, that bad, not over the internet. I might as well be mad at my monitor... that's what's stimulating it.

2. Do people just take light stuff or opinions personally?

3. Why go out of your way to try and attack and 'expose' someone else's 'flaws', 'weakness', way of life, or what they are or choose to be?

Otherwise there's a great majority of, what seems like good and helpful people here that I have learned a lot from. Which has been my overall experience of rcgroups, the heli threads in particular.

I have been watching several threads of late and yes, there are many who do not have thick enough skin and take everything way too personal. Some do not even realise that when they get all emotional and caught up in the matter, that they begin to make reportable mistakes, judgements in error, etc. Some even ask question about what someone thinks and then when they get answer, they get upset.

And when there is language barrier, that is even worse as for many who do not have English as native tongue, the words on the paper sometimes comes out looking terse. Only words on paper, that is all it is. Why do some choose to take these words personal and then make trouble is beyond me.
Lou is offline Find More Posts by Lou
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:59 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zen@lanset.com View Post
Where's the heli in this thread? (besides the avatars?)
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1774902

You probably won't see much there because the most offensive posts are hidden. V999D02, Purple Aki and JasmineTHEdude are likely to be the same person.

Quote:
So he's going to travel back in time and say everything he said because of my thread? He obviously has a personal vendetta of some kind regardless of what anyone says. I don't know why he'd even choose to come back, for what? He can do what he wants in my opinion, I don't care.
Quite often, the problem with attention seeking people like him is that the more we talk about him, the more he enjoys it and eggs him on, JasmineTheDude is likely to belong to him as well and that is a new account.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Last edited by zadaw; Nov 26, 2012 at 12:07 AM.