HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 03, 2013, 07:10 PM
United States, FL, Kissimmee
Joined Jan 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleksz View Post
hello fpv mates,

GCS won't show the google earth.. using windows 7 on desktop and tried on my laptop wich uses windows 8.. both no google earth in gcs..
any solutions?
Have you tried to use the google earth that comes with the GCS?

Hint: make sure you execute the google earth older version that will be installed at "C:\Program Files (x86)\FYTech\GScreen\GoogleEarth", not the latest version you have already installed.

Note that this older version won't invalidate the latest Google Earth version you probably have already installed in your machine.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Carlos
czorzella is offline Find More Posts by czorzella
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 11, 2013, 07:26 AM
israel
Joined Jun 2003
914 Posts
I want to connect the APC220 data radio to to the GPS cable, so should I connect
Tx-Tx Rx-Rx or V.V
Thanks
moti is online now Find More Posts by moti
Old Sep 11, 2013, 04:53 PM
Better then Sliced Bread!
United States, CA, Arcata
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts
What is the Hornet OSD 1.8 firmware bringing to the table? Also what is the difference between attitude and horizon bin files?
NorCalMatCat is offline Find More Posts by NorCalMatCat
Old Sep 11, 2013, 10:22 PM
Better then Sliced Bread!
United States, CA, Arcata
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts
Ok I decided to update to the 1.8 firmware on the Hornet, horizon version whatever the difference is, I launched and my planes controls felt quite odd, put my face into my FPV station and noticed my distance from home read 71554m or some odd number somewhat similar, I figured it was an odd bug, so I decided to check if the direction to home was correct, NOPE, was not, by this time I was up to about 350 meters altitude, and had a glitch which put it into RTH mode, this caused it to dive straight downward then it went inverted, I managed to regain control and land, I thought maybe I launched before sat lock (though later looking at the ground station recording footage I had 8 sats when I launched!), unplugged the batteries and replugged, and made sure all was right before take off, and then proceeded to have a normal non-eventful flight.

One thing I noticed, a glitch in drawing the heading, sometimes it would get screwed and the first digit inside of the box including the box outline would disappear. Here is a screenshot:

Also visible is how horrible the horizon updates, look at the planes bank angle and the horizon indicator, and yes I have noticed the ABM and RTH modes actually are just as lagged!

Another issue I have is that my screen nor my recorder record the full screen, when I am flying FPV I can never see my distance or mah consumed, from home ever except when there is a video glitch and the video bumps upwards a little, I really really wish there was a way to adjust the position of on-screen items, you can see this in the SS above, FeiyuTech pretty pretty please with a cherry on-top offer some sort of solution to adjust the OSD layout so I can actually see all of my data, I have been flying like this for a year and a half now.
NorCalMatCat is offline Find More Posts by NorCalMatCat
Old Sep 18, 2013, 05:24 PM
Joined Jan 2012
289 Posts
Is your horizon line just lagged or indicating incorrectly the whole flight? Ive had two flight where my AH indicates skew to the actual horison and then the AP tries to level the plane incorrectly. I still dont know what caused it.
GTiDonavan is offline Find More Posts by GTiDonavan
Old Sep 19, 2013, 12:05 PM
Registered Crasher
United States, NJ, Lincoln Park
Joined Apr 2005
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by czorzella View Post
Hint: make sure you execute the google earth older version that will be installed at "C:\Program Files (x86)\FYTech\GScreen\GoogleEarth", not the latest version you have already installed.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Carlos
Hello, Carlos

Mind if I pick your brain for a few minutes?
I am trying to set up the GCS software for my FY-31AP. I seem to be having a similar problem where the Google Earth overlay is not showing on the GCS software. let me give you as much info as I can about what I have done.

I installed the GCS software by right-clicking and running as admin.
I have in the background, the latest version of G Earth running. I have also tried version 4.3.
I have the Google earth plug in FY supplies installed on my computer.

When I run the GCS software I then power up the 31AP with modem and connect the remote adapter to my computer in COM4. After that I go to the tools menu and select COM4 for the GCS software. The AHI reads accurate and it shows I get up to 8 sats of GPS lock. From there I click the aircraft icon and nothing shows up but a black screen. I will include a screen shot.

Thank you so much for any time you put in to helping me. It will be greatly appreciated and any info I get will be passed on by me helping others when ever I can.

Will
RC_Kid is offline Find More Posts by RC_Kid
Last edited by RC_Kid; Sep 19, 2013 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Forgot photo
Old Sep 19, 2013, 10:18 PM
United States, FL, Kissimmee
Joined Jan 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC_Kid View Post
Hello, Carlos

Mind if I pick your brain for a few minutes?
I am trying to set up the GCS software for my FY-31AP. I seem to be having a similar problem where the Google Earth overlay is not showing on the GCS software. let me give you as much info as I can about what I have done.

I installed the GCS software by right-clicking and running as admin.
I have in the background, the latest version of G Earth running. I have also tried version 4.3.
I have the Google earth plug in FY supplies installed on my computer.

When I run the GCS software I then power up the 31AP with modem and connect the remote adapter to my computer in COM4. After that I go to the tools menu and select COM4 for the GCS software. The AHI reads accurate and it shows I get up to 8 sats of GPS lock. From there I click the aircraft icon and nothing shows up but a black screen. I will include a screen shot.

Thank you so much for any time you put in to helping me. It will be greatly appreciated and any info I get will be passed on by me helping others when ever I can.

Will
Will, its been quite a while, almost a year now since I lost my plane with the the 31AP on it. It's lost somewhere in the Brazilian Rain Forest, more like an unreachable jungle really...

From what we could read from the telemetry records, a blown ESC was culprit for the incident; The FY31 had RTH engaged and the plane was already flying back to me when it lost power and went down...

Anyway, ever since the incident, I tried other stabilizers and autopilots and I always considered the Feiyu products as the most efficient and easiest solution to set available, so I guess that you are on the right track.

What I did to try to help you, I downloaded and reinstalled all the software from Feiyu, but the 3D mode didn't work as expected. Maybe because it requires you to have the FY31 connected before it can open Google Earth, I really don't remember...

But I managed to generate the GST files for the 2D versions using GScreen and Mapmaker. I remember watching an excellent video where Steve (aka saabguyspg) demonstrates step by step this procedure; You can watch it here

2d GCS overview (11 min 47 sec)

Will, I hope you can sort this out... If I can help you any further just let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg View Post
https://vimeo.com/49381413
czorzella is offline Find More Posts by czorzella
Old Sep 22, 2013, 07:49 PM
Thailand, Samut Prakan, Sam Rong Klang
Joined May 2013
115 Posts
I have doubt,
Without Data radio module like a fy602 fy605, Can we fly in Waypoint mode. I mean only install GCS software in my laptop and setup 31ap via supply USB cable then fly and switch in Patch navigation mode?

Thanks for any help
CHATCHAIAPI is offline Find More Posts by CHATCHAIAPI
Old Sep 22, 2013, 08:03 PM
When a hobby gets a passion
Thailand, Chon Buri, Pattaya
Joined Sep 2012
782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHATCHAIAPI View Post
I have doubt,
Without Data radio module like a fy602 fy605, Can we fly in Waypoint mode. I mean only install GCS software in my laptop and setup 31ap via supply USB cable then fly and switch in Patch navigation mode?

Thanks for any help
Yes, that works, but it is a bit cumbersome. I did that before I had the data radio.
Pattaya01 is offline Find More Posts by Pattaya01
Old Sep 22, 2013, 08:14 PM
Joined May 2013
115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattaya01 View Post
Yes, that works, but it is a bit cumbersome. I did that before I had the data radio.
you mean if we have Data radio we can setup 31ap with GCS software in term of Wireless not require any USB calble?

that mean Data radio is require for 31ap+gcs wireless communication not for fly in Patch navigation mode?
Old Sep 22, 2013, 08:40 PM
Joined Sep 2012
782 Posts
Quote:
you mean if we have Data radio we can setup 31ap with GCS software in term of Wireless not require any USB calble?

that mean Data radio is require for 31ap+gcs wireless communication not for fly in Patch navigation mode?
You don't need the data radio to fly. You control the flight mode with your normal transmitter. SW1 and SW2, the brown and the blue color cables go to 2 free channels on your TX and that is how you control the flight mode.

You can use the USB cable, connected to your PC and the 31AP to load and set waypoints. When you done, you power down the plane, disconnect the USB cable and select the flight mode on the TX.
Old Sep 22, 2013, 10:32 PM
Joined May 2013
115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattaya01 View Post
You don't need the data radio to fly. You control the flight mode with your normal transmitter. SW1 and SW2, the brown and the blue color cables go to 2 free channels on your TX and that is how you control the flight mode.

You can use the USB cable, connected to your PC and the 31AP to load and set waypoints. When you done, you power down the plane, disconnect the USB cable and select the flight mode on the TX.
thank a lots.. Where are you in TH, still at Chonburi? Are you Thai or ?
Old Sep 22, 2013, 10:53 PM
Joined Sep 2012
782 Posts
Quote:
thank a lots.. Where are you in TH, still at Chonburi? Are you Thai or ?
I will PM you with details.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 10:49 PM
Registered Crasher
United States, NJ, Lincoln Park
Joined Apr 2005
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by czorzella View Post
Will, its been quite a while, almost a year now since I lost my plane with the the 31AP on it. It's lost somewhere in the Brazilian Rain Forest, more like an unreachable jungle really...

From what we could read from the telemetry records, a blown ESC was culprit for the incident; The FY31 had RTH engaged and the plane was already flying back to me when it lost power and went down...

Anyway, ever since the incident, I tried other stabilizers and autopilots and I always considered the Feiyu products as the most efficient and easiest solution to set available, so I guess that you are on the right track.

What I did to try to help you, I downloaded and reinstalled all the software from Feiyu, but the 3D mode didn't work as expected. Maybe because it requires you to have the FY31 connected before it can open Google Earth, I really don't remember...

But I managed to generate the GST files for the 2D versions using GScreen and Mapmaker. I remember watching an excellent video where Steve (aka saabguyspg) demonstrates step by step this procedure; You can watch it here

2d GCS overview (11 min 47 sec)

Will, I hope you can sort this out... If I can help you any further just let me know.
THANK YOU so much for your reply. I am watching the video a few times over right now. I will post any success later on once I get a flight in.

Take care
Will
RC_Kid is offline Find More Posts by RC_Kid
Old Sep 25, 2013, 06:05 AM
Joined Sep 2013
5 Posts
reset Gyro FY-31AP

Hello,

When do a reset, my bleu light stays on and never turn off, is it normal ?

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiochine View Post
Hi guys,

I just bought the FY-31AP and Hornet OSD, and I just got my Finwing Penguin and tested the Fy-31AP.
I am using the Futaba 8FG Super that has 6 three way switches.
When I connect the FY-31AP to my receiver and to my Finwing Penguin servos, I see that it is in ABM mode. I switch to RC and unfortunately I can't move the servos ! It's like they are not connected ! I tried to do a continuity test on the FY-31AP harness (UART)and all seems ok, I connected the servos directly to the RX and all seems OK, I moved the airplane around in ABM mode and the control surfaces compensate in the right way ! When I switch from RC to ABM to RTL etc.. it takes a lot of time and sometimes it freezes and so far I saw RTL mode ABM and RC and no ACM and NAV even if I have assigned the SW1 and SW2 to both 3 way switches ...
When I reset the gyro of my FY-31AP the LED blue and red start the blinking sequence and after about 12 seconds the blue LED remains on. Is this normal ?

My FY-31AP Firmware version is 2.1 I updated it following the procedures stated by FY.

Do I have to send it back for replacement?

PS: Before the Finwing Penguin arrived I tested the FY-31AP with my Futaba and some servos and motor and all seemed to work perfectly.

Thank you in advance
bresilboy is offline Find More Posts by bresilboy