HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 25, 2012, 07:58 PM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
Erkq- sent you a pm. My bad.

I think i am going to try to make an air scoop from a plastic spoon, similar to the spoon servo covers.
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:06 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
8,060 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMatt View Post

I think i am going to try to make an air scoop from a plastic spoon, similar to the spoon servo covers.
Don't make it too big! The extra drag will cause the Beast to pitch down. Ask me how I know...
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:36 PM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
Got it close with a spoon scoop (it is smaller maybe up above the bottom of the fuse less than a 1/4 of inch.) and some added porting of the battery supports directly in front of the board. I also removed the black fake engine trim around the hatch and that opens things up a lot. Got it running with the back/top off, I am thinking once I get a heatsink over the fets it will be fine, especially once in the air with the extra porting.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 10:19 PM
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,757 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMatt View Post

Here is the scoop I put on mine. no pitching at all, perfectly clear, I forget its there sometimes.
Ignore the blue boxes, I used this pic to show someone earlier where the wing usually breaks.

And yes you need the Heaksink on the FETs as well as the VR. The FETs cause the motor only shutdown that you get where the servos still move. The VR causes the complete power loss shutdowns.

-Brian
kalmon is offline Find More Posts by kalmon
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:38 PM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,930 Posts
Where are you guys getting the heatsinks? I don't have anything small enough in my box-o-junk

And thermal tape?

I have had mine run 3S well, but after a few mins either FET or VR shutdown - it's random. I want to heatsink everything and try to get a cooling duct. I have transplanted my B3D guts into an Sbach. Want to try 3S but don't want to risk the VR shutdown!

Thanks!
TurboRacer is online now Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Old Oct 26, 2012, 02:41 AM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,235 Posts
Also increase the size of air exits. As a rule of thumb your air exit should be much larger than the air intake, since as the passing air is heated it expands.
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:52 AM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower View Post
Also increase the size of air exits. As a rule of thumb your air exit should be much larger than the air intake, since as the passing air is heated it expands.
I got a plan for the air exits, I will just use a straight edge and connect both circular exits to have one long oblong exit.
Old Nov 01, 2012, 02:58 PM
United States, CA, Mt Shasta
Joined Jun 2010
2,780 Posts
I'm going to have to rebuild the wings with a new set. Anyone have some advice? I have foam safe CA and FoamTac. Is there any particular order I should build the wings. Looks a bit advanced with the wing struts and all. I have rebuild a few helicopters so this should be a piece of cake, but if anyone has any advice it would be appreciated.
Mike
shastamike is offline Find More Posts by shastamike
Old Nov 01, 2012, 06:17 PM
If it has wings it will fly...
United Kingdom, England, Birmingham
Joined Mar 2011
1,625 Posts
for anyone in the uk I have huge stock of 260mAh nano tech's for the eflite micro series

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Niche-RC-products
ckleanth is offline Find More Posts by ckleanth
Old Nov 01, 2012, 06:50 PM
United Kingdom, England, Southport
Joined Jan 2011
142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckleanth View Post
for anyone in the uk I have huge stock of 260mAh nano tech's for the eflite micro series

Yea, but they are only like 4 bucks from hobby king?
Dannyboy85 is offline Find More Posts by Dannyboy85
Old Nov 01, 2012, 07:03 PM
United Kingdom, England, Ripon
Joined Dec 2011
309 Posts
Quote:

Yes ok Ill buy some.........erm but then again maybe not when I can get 3 delivered for 9.23. Do you wear green tights and have a bow and arrow by any chance
Simon2504 is offline Find More Posts by Simon2504
Old Nov 01, 2012, 07:07 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,934 Posts
Quote:

9.99 each, before shipping????????????

pugsam is online now Find More Posts by pugsam
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 01, 2012, 08:22 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon2504 View Post
Yes ok Ill buy some.........erm but then again maybe not when I can get 3 delivered for 9.23. Do you wear green tights and have a bow and arrow by any chance
Robber Hood......

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old Nov 02, 2012, 08:22 PM
United Kingdom, England, Ripon
Joined Dec 2011
309 Posts
Been waiting for 3 months now for my replacement B3D from Horizon UK, I do hope someone from the company reads these threads as Im not afraid to suggest that you suck!!!!!!
Simon2504 is offline Find More Posts by Simon2504
Old Nov 02, 2012, 08:32 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon2504 View Post
Been waiting for 3 months now for my replacement B3D from Horizon UK, I do hope someone from the company reads these threads as Im not afraid to suggest that you suck!!!!!!
That's completely unacceptable. What methods have you employed to prod them along?
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)