HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 15, 2010, 02:38 PM
Worcester UK
Joined Feb 2010
30 Posts
Question
Slideshow Software

Just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for methods of publishing slideshows of their AP.
Iíve been having a play with SlideShowPro today. Its end results are quite impressive in full screen but a little long winded to get there and difficult to add more images after publication. Cost of the software itself isnít really and issue but needs Adobe Lightroom or Flash to make the best use of it and the cost of that makes if a little prohibative.

I run my own web serve and would like to be able to paste my images straight onto the server and have them display as slideshow in a browser.

Lofty
Lofty68 is offline Find More Posts by Lofty68
to remove ads between posts
Old May 15, 2010, 02:50 PM
Rich Hill Missouri 64779
Joined Nov 2003
8,399 Posts
Efliernz put me onto a program from Corel. My Windows 7live movie maker wasn't working so I bought the VideoStudio 11.5 and I believe it will do what you ask. The 11.5 version is an older version and you can get it really cheap off the internet. (Amazon)
quailbird is offline Find More Posts by quailbird
Old May 16, 2010, 03:41 AM
Worcester UK
Joined Feb 2010
30 Posts
Its only still photo slide shows i'm after, not video. I have Vegas for video.
JUst need a simple script that will look at the contents of a folder and display it in a browser.

Lofty
Old May 24, 2010, 02:57 PM
Ronnie - Sheffield UK (G0NJD)
Sheffield, S. Yorks, UK
Joined May 2007
403 Posts
FSViewer (free) has a slideshow builer in. Lots of effects and creates an .exe that you can send out to people

Hope it helps

Ronnie
mallettron is offline Find More Posts by mallettron
Old May 24, 2010, 03:20 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2009
11,707 Posts
Not sure but what I understand from the Slideshow website, the photos would have to reside on the host server alone with the flash stuff. Many of the hosting sites like Photobucket, Flickr and even Picasa has the ability to produce slideshows for embedding on web pages.
rimshotcopter is offline Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
Old May 24, 2010, 04:04 PM
Hornchurch, Essex, UK
Joined Jul 2006
321 Posts
I use picasa, it only takes a few minutes, and have uploaded a few slideshows to youtube.

have a look at
general slideshows
Fujifilm HS10 camera Zoom test (2 min 9 sec)

Aerial Views of the Ostend Osprey's Lake using Go Pro HD and Easystar (1 min 5 sec)

Timelapse
Go-Pro HD timelapse - Andys level 3 attempt (1 min 53 sec)

enjoy

Pete
hartrockets is offline Find More Posts by hartrockets
Old May 27, 2010, 03:06 AM
Worcester UK
Joined Feb 2010
30 Posts
Thanks for the replies.
I'd been made aware of Picasa by a friend so i've posted a few albums up there. See what you think.

Lofty