SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 05, 2010, 05:20 PM
box
ENGLAND
Joined Jan 2002
91 Posts
Help!
Binding an Ember to a DX6i

I bought a Parkzone Ember today RTF and it works perfectly with the transmitter supplied. I wanted to use my Spektrum DX6i Tx and thought I could just bind it to the Ember but it is having none of it and won't bind. Should this be possible? I am connecting the battery to the plane and a red light starts flashing. I then hold the trainer switch on the TX forward and then swith the Tx on. The LCD screen says BIND and keeps beeping but nothing else. I was expecting them to bind, the flashing light to go solid and I would be able to move the control surfaces, but this is not happening. Am I doing something wrong, is it something you can't do or is there something wrong with my Tx? Hope someone can help. Cheers, Box.
box is offline Find More Posts by box
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 05, 2010, 05:57 PM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
United States, GA, Buford
Joined Nov 2007
6,525 Posts
Did you let it flash for a few seconds before flipping the tx on?
boredom.is.me is offline Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RFD900 Case
Old Mar 05, 2010, 08:34 PM
Halifax, NS
Joined Sep 2009
404 Posts
Did you get the older Ember (black with orange decals) or the Ember 2 (black with blue decals)? The DX6i can only be bound to the Ember 2.
karlpenney is offline Find More Posts by karlpenney
Old Mar 05, 2010, 08:37 PM
Endicott,N.Y.
Joined Nov 2005
148 Posts
Try moving about 10 feet away from the plane before turning on the trans. I had the same problem with my Vapor and sent an e-mail to Horizon, they told me to try this and it worked. Also be sure it's DSM2.
Jim Carr is offline Find More Posts by Jim Carr
Old Mar 06, 2010, 06:22 AM
box
ENGLAND
Joined Jan 2002
91 Posts
Mystery solved by karlpenney. I have the black & orange type. I didn't even know there were 2 versions and even if there was I assumed they could all be bound to a DX6i Tx. How wrong can you be? I will have to fly with the Tx provided until I can trade it in for a blue & black Ember 2. Thanks for the info guys. Box.
box is offline Find More Posts by box
Old Mar 06, 2010, 11:26 AM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
United States, GA, Buford
Joined Nov 2007
6,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Carr View Post
Try moving about 10 feet away from the plane before turning on the trans. I had the same problem with my Vapor and sent an e-mail to Horizon, they told me to try this and it worked. Also be sure it's DSM2.
Since we are on the topic of binding, may I ask why you need to be a distance back from the rx when binding? I bind mine usually within 6 inches.

BIM
boredom.is.me is offline Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RFD900 Case
Old Mar 06, 2010, 04:03 PM
Endicott,N.Y.
Joined Nov 2005
148 Posts
My Vapor wouldn't bind to my DX7. It would bind to the little transmitter that came with it and also the transmitter from my CX2. I e-mailed Horizon and explained my problem, they told me to back away about 10 feet and try. I did and it worked. I don't know why.
Jim Carr is offline Find More Posts by Jim Carr
Old Mar 06, 2010, 04:09 PM
Staffs, UK
Joined Nov 2003
10,768 Posts
Get too close and you can swamp the front end of the receiver causing a temporary overload and so it fails to bind.

Steve
slipstick is online now Find More Posts by slipstick
Old Apr 04, 2010, 08:34 PM
Joined Nov 2007
1,784 Posts
I've flown RTF planes before, but this is my first BIND and FLY.

Could NOT get it to bind.

It IS an Ember 2, and I tried moving 10 feet away. Still no joy.

Followed the same steps as in the first post here, expected the flashing light to go solid, and it never stopped blinking....

Suggestions?
Flyboy Steve is offline Find More Posts by Flyboy Steve
Old Apr 05, 2010, 05:00 AM
Staffs, UK
Joined Nov 2003
10,768 Posts
What transmitter ?

Steve
slipstick is online now Find More Posts by slipstick
Old Apr 05, 2010, 08:00 AM
USA, VT, Brandon
Joined Aug 2004
1,342 Posts
I've found that sometime the binding process is a bit funky and not entirely predictable. It may take 15-30 seconds for the bind to take place. Try putting the battery in first, step back about 10 feet from the plane and turn on the transmitter. Try that in reverse. If that doesn't work, I'm at a loss.

Steve
millerhill is offline Find More Posts by millerhill
Old Apr 05, 2010, 09:40 AM
Joined Nov 2007
1,784 Posts
Well, there is a difference between following directions, and ALMOST following directions.

I had turned the Tx on and THEN moved 10 feet away. After reading the posts again, I tried it the recommended way: move 10 feet away and THEN turn it on.

Worked like a charm!

Thanks, guys!

Steve
Flyboy Steve is offline Find More Posts by Flyboy Steve