Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 03, 2013, 01:08 PM
Joined Jun 2012
237 Posts
Discussion
where to buy GensAce Lipos today?

I used to buy mine from HobbyPartz.com but the last time I looked (a few weeks ago) they were out of stock on almost every size. I'd like some selection!

Where can I get these in the US?(put another way...from whom did you purchase your Gens battery if recent)

Thanks,

Andy
sothpaw is offline Find More Posts by sothpaw
to remove ads between posts
Old May 03, 2013, 05:33 PM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,349 Posts
HobbyPartz is the only distributor for GensAce in the US. Yes their stock is terrible, always has been, probably always will be. Many people have switched to other brands as a result. Perhaps take this as an opportunity to try a different brand yourself?
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Old May 03, 2013, 05:40 PM
KK4NZS
Virginia
Joined Sep 2006
1,429 Posts
These glacier batteries from epbuddy look like gensace I have personally not tried them yet..
http://www.buddyrc.com/battery/glaci...o-battery.html
Nelapaty is online now Find More Posts by Nelapaty
Old May 03, 2013, 06:06 PM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,503 Posts
We really need a more reliable US distributor for Gens Ace I have almost completely given up because they never have what I need.

?
RC Man is online now Find More Posts by RC Man
Last edited by RC Man; May 04, 2013 at 06:05 PM.
Old May 03, 2013, 09:32 PM
Tim Lampe; Hobbico R&D
Champaign, IL
Joined Dec 2009
3,702 Posts
I've purchased Gens Ace from Banana Hobby a couple of times with prompt delivery - just a few days or a week at most - just got some a few weeks ago.

Tim
KRProton is online now Find More Posts by KRProton
Old May 03, 2013, 11:17 PM
United States, MD, Fort Meade
Joined Mar 2013
49 Posts
I recently bought a couple from nitroplanes, and I thought the price was good
Telly03 is offline Find More Posts by Telly03
Old May 04, 2013, 08:41 AM
Joined Jun 2012
237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimbeaver View Post
HobbyPartz is the only distributor for GensAce in the US. Yes their stock is terrible, always has been, probably always will be. Many people have switched to other brands as a result. Perhaps take this as an opportunity to try a different brand yourself?
Maybe you can suggest something? I've heard Rayovack or something was a new one people liked but I don't know where to get them.

I bought 5 Nanotechs and have lost 2 in short order (like 2-10 cycles) without ever over discharging (as in not below 3.8 V/cell). There 2200's also only give me the same 4min flight as their 1600 even though thicker.

I have bought 4 thunderpower and just lost 1 of those after 4 cycles (again this one was very well cared for and never went below 3.8V/cell). Thunderpower's also cost me 4x as much as the gens.

The gens have provided good power(as good as thunderpower high C) and and have held up (well, 1 of 4 died, but that was overdischarged on first or 2nd flight...my fault).

The eflite seem just as $$ as Thunderpower so why bother. Also had 1 $100 4S delivered DOA (they did warranty) and another that took alot of cycling from new to get the 1 cell to 4.15 v/cell (in beginning, it would not to go over 3.85v/cell in that cell). So I'm not impressed w/eflite quality either.

Thanks for replies...I will see what I can find from Nitroplanes site
Last edited by sothpaw; May 04, 2013 at 08:47 AM.
Old May 05, 2013, 12:05 PM
Joined Jun 2012
237 Posts
Nitroplanes site does not seem to have anymore offerings then hobbypartz.

I tried Revolectrix since the only Gens option is too big and heavy for 2 out of 3 of my applications (and probably all 3). Hope they are good.
Old May 06, 2013, 06:43 AM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,349 Posts
NitroPlanes IS HobbyPartz, they are the exact same company, same inventory (or should be). They just have different sites focused on different products. Just look at the bottom of the page where it says "Check out our other sites".

I would check out China Hobby Line, Glacier from EPBuddy (now BuddyRC) or GeForce from Value Hobby.
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Old May 08, 2013, 06:56 PM
Joined Jan 2013
1 Posts
Glacier Batts

Nelapaty,

The Glacier batteries from EPBuddy are great. Low cost and very strong. I have 2 that I bought for my 550DFC and I can get 7+ min. of sport/circuit at 95% throttle. I dont think you will be dissatisfied with them.
krdavisfth28 is offline Find More Posts by krdavisfth28
Old May 08, 2013, 08:28 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,249 Posts
I would love to see supplies of Gens Ace lipos go up!
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55