Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 08, 2014, 02:50 AM
Dave Pope Manawatu NZ
Palmerston North NZ
Joined Dec 2006
1,206 Posts
Hope to come down on sunday for a session, its been a while.
pope is offline Find More Posts by pope
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 08, 2014, 03:14 AM
Wellington, New Zealand
Joined Sep 2009
381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pope View Post
Hope to come down on sunday for a session, its been a while.
Awesome! Me n Eben were keen to get out Sunday too - i think Jono may have prior plans?
taurineman is online now Find More Posts by taurineman
Old Aug 08, 2014, 04:13 AM
New Zealand, Wellington, Porirua
Joined May 2006
545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taurineman View Post
Awesome! Me n Eben were keen to get out Sunday too - i think Jono may have prior plans?
Plans have changed. I am keen to maiden my light (Manilla) AFP60 at Titahi bay in the morning and try Ngaio in the afternoon with the RT42 (my last surviving DS plank)
jonoashton is offline Find More Posts by jonoashton
Old Aug 08, 2014, 05:28 AM
Australia, VIC, Wonthaggi
Joined Nov 2009
123 Posts
Jono, glad to see you're braving the elements and blasting around the place, I've been pretty slack the last few months and things have changed since I made my plans to hit Manilla this year, I'm now a student again and can't afford to take time off and the school holiday don't quite match.
Josh and Crystal timed it better than the manilla people
We'll catch up again on one island or other
Seeya, John
windnergy is offline Find More Posts by windnergy
Old Aug 08, 2014, 03:58 PM
New Zealand, Wellington, Paraparaumu
Joined May 2007
157 Posts
At this stage the forecast for tomorrow is fairly light and a bit off-angle, not as good as it looked earlier this week. I should probably rather spend some time in the shed, had too little of that lately...
Bazzie is online now Find More Posts by Bazzie
Old Aug 08, 2014, 07:51 PM
Wellington, New Zealand
Joined Sep 2009
381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazzie View Post
Argh Pete, that sucks... better be quick then with ordering the new Bat!

New bat ordered. Old bat may be salvageable. Requires a complete strip down and reconstructive surgery but it may fly again. Spar not compromised. Drag spars fine. Requires new elevons.
Old Aug 08, 2014, 07:57 PM
Arrarrar!
Australia, NSW, Wagga Wagga
Joined Jan 2010
3,272 Posts
I didn't know you could still get bats. Well done on the good speed, bad luck on the demise!
josh18 is offline Find More Posts by josh18
Old Aug 08, 2014, 09:56 PM
Wellington, New Zealand
Joined Sep 2009
381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh18 View Post
I didn't know you could still get bats. Well done on the good speed, bad luck on the demise!

You can. Ming still has a small amount left. He won't make anymore 😐
Old Aug 08, 2014, 11:21 PM
New Zealand, Wellington, Paraparaumu
Joined May 2007
157 Posts
I was looking at my old bat again, and it's also still good enough for a repair - it could become my new sacrificial DSer - the one you throw out to check conditions, and for generally messing around. Also want to get it a lot lighter for the purpose to try make it more bouncable, at 2kg it's fast but has a lot of momentum... It's already stripped down but some surgery still required. That one has served me well, never busted a spar, even when slamming into gorse branches @ 120mph
Bazzie is online now Find More Posts by Bazzie
Old Aug 09, 2014, 12:10 AM
Wellington, New Zealand
Joined Sep 2009
381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazzie View Post
I was looking at my old bat again, and it's also still good enough for a repair - it could become my new sacrificial DSer - the one you throw out to check conditions, and for generally messing around. Also want to get it a lot lighter for the purpose to try make it more bouncable, at 2kg it's fast but has a lot of momentum... It's already stripped down but some surgery still required. That one has served me well, never busted a spar, even when slamming into gorse branches @ 120mph
Mine was/is 2.2kgs and it slammed in very hard... Still it needs more weight i reckon