Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 07, 2013, 04:03 PM
RobertTHaas
Joined Dec 2004
424 Posts
Question
Looking for simulation software to test CAD model?

Is there any software out there that can apply some basic simulation on 3D models? A client I use to work with I believe said there was a flight sim that allowed you to import a mesh file and it would apply some basic gaming engine physics to the model.. I think it was real flight?
RobertTHaas is offline Find More Posts by RobertTHaas
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2013, 04:31 PM
Australia, VIC, Mitcham
Joined Dec 2011
71 Posts
Lowest cost thing (free) that is not a complete waste of time is XFLR5. The next step from there is CFD. OpenFOAM is one open-source solution for CFD, but the learning curve makes climbing Everest seem like a short stroll in the park...

A

PS: forget flight simulators as aerodynamic simulations. They will very quickly lead you astray.
Andy_RR is offline Find More Posts by Andy_RR