Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:25 PM
F2D Pilot/Mechanic
United States, TX, Lubbock
Joined Dec 2011
313 Posts
Discussion
Decals

I need some help, if anyone can (no plastic surgeons please) I've finished my Big Iron, but the old decal is past shot. I cant even make a good copy of it. Would anyone by chance have and old "Big Iron" decal they could copy and send me?
Bob Mears is offline Find More Posts by Bob Mears
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2012, 02:58 PM
I'm going flying!
Colchester IL
Joined Oct 2009
145 Posts
Scan what you have in as highest res. as possible. My wife does wonders on photoshop. Just post it here and will see what can be done.
rcflyer-rick is offline Find More Posts by rcflyer-rick
Old Dec 07, 2012, 03:58 PM
F2D Pilot/Mechanic
Joined Dec 2011
313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflyer-rick View Post
Scan what you have in as highest res. as possible. My wife does wonders on photoshop. Just post it here and will see what can be done.
Actually, right now we found a generic pistol and the correct font and have duplicated the decal quite well. I think its gonna work. Thanks anyway.

Bob
Old Dec 07, 2012, 05:15 PM
Poteau, OK
Joined Nov 2008
332 Posts
Bob:

What are you using to print etc? I'm interested in doing this, too.
LA Ming is online now Find More Posts by LA Ming
Old Dec 08, 2012, 09:51 PM
F2D Pilot/Mechanic
Joined Dec 2011
313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Ming View Post
Bob:

What are you using to print etc? I'm interested in doing this, too.
Kodak printer. 3M, permanent adhesive labels, clear. So far i've made a set for the Winder, T Square, VooDoo, and Hornet.
Last edited by Bob Mears; Dec 08, 2012 at 09:59 PM.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 10:40 PM
Old Timer
USA, TX, San Antonio
Joined Jun 2010
839 Posts
You can finish the small ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Mears View Post
I need some help, if anyone can (no plastic surgeons please) I've finished my Big Iron, but the old decal is past shot. I cant even make a good copy of it. Would anyone by chance have and old "Big Iron" decal they could copy and send me?
What's the latest progress report on the downsized Spit? I've not heard anything new about it in YEARS now.

The K.
The Kiwi is online now Find More Posts by The Kiwi
Old Dec 09, 2012, 10:59 AM
F2D Pilot/Mechanic
Joined Dec 2011
313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kiwi View Post
What's the latest progress report on the downsized Spit? I've not heard anything new about it in YEARS now.

The K.
All it lacks is paint. And the desire to get it done. Now that I've all but finished, thinking about flying it is a different animal. I really enjoyed building it, but just dont have much desire to fly it. I've got 40 hours now in a Cherokee, but find flying about as boring as a bus ride. The only fun to it is landing. Other than that you get no speed sensation, your in a hot, noisey cockpit, and its a major deal if you have to crap while in the air. I'm thinking about selling it the way it is.