Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 18, 2014, 01:35 PM
want to fly the big one please
United States, CA, Covina
Joined Feb 2013
2,332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_kelly View Post
"I do know that with a 4822 motor the "48" would be the can diameter, and the "22" would be the length, but my main question is,
how will one know if the motor will have the right mounting bolt pattern and spaci"ng to fit a model, especially if the motor seller does not provide dimensions for mounting??

The 48 is not the can diameter but the stator, close but a little different. Unfortunately there is no way to know the motor mount holes unless the vendor states it and then so many of these ads are copied from dubious sources you can't be sure even if they do state it.

Good Luck
thanks for the help on that mike!
well i only ordered one of this Aerosky 4822 390kv motor, and it should be here tomarrow or wed. and we will see what the hole spacing is.

I hope that 6S 390kv setup will not be too fast for a 12" prop?
would an 11" probably work out better??
psychlic is offline Find More Posts by psychlic
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 18, 2014, 02:29 PM
Wisconsin
United States, WI, Hayward
Joined Jan 2012
269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychlic View Post
thanks for the help on that mike!
well i only ordered one of this Aerosky 4822 390kv motor, and it should be here tomarrow or wed. and we will see what the hole spacing is.

I hope that 6S 390kv setup will not be too fast for a 12" prop?
would an 11" probably work out better??
There are so many variables. I would need to run the numbers through eCalc. It is a very useful tool for exactly those kinds of questions. I have a little tutorial on my blog if you want to give it a try.
mike_kelly is offline Find More Posts by mike_kelly
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 18, 2014, 06:35 PM
Joined Feb 2013
2,332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_kelly View Post
There are so many variables. I would need to run the numbers through eCalc. It is a very useful tool for exactly those kinds of questions. I have a little tutorial on my blog if you want to give it a try.
thank u very much sir, i will definitely take a look at it!
Old Yesterday, 08:52 PM
Joined Feb 2013
2,332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witterings View Post
Be really interested to see how you get on with those, I guess you're going to use 6s with them, any idea what sort of mah to get those quoted flight times??

psychlic,
if you have a dig around for the motor you're interested in there'll probably be some data somewhere showing what prop size is compatible and should be one the vendors site as well ???? i would have thought you may be better with slightly lower kv but I'm not an expert!!

thanks Wittering, I missed your message when it was posted, sorry.

well good size and speed guys have been using with 6S from what I here, is a 380kv-300watt,
so I thought 10kv faster at 390 might not be too bad. I thought if it was a little too fast I could just go with shorter props.
I like this Aerosky motor for it's price, 6mm shaft, power watt rating, and HobbyPartz is only a few miles away from me, and so far, for the most part, HobbyPartz motors have been good.
but I cannot find ANYTHING else on this motor other than what is listed on the ad,
http://www.hobbypartz.com/05m-13-mc4822-390kv-22p.html

MikeKelly tipped me off to his blog and tutorial on motor selection which I will be looking at to determine if these will work before I go ahead and get the other 5.
but I do still need to check mounting, and this 1 motor I ordered will be here tomarrow if USPS is on the ball for a day

oh, and big thanks to lov2fly!
got the decals today, looks like the whole Ironman set

question, I have noticed in pictures that the carbon fiber hex plate has the words "Ironman" cut out on it, but on my there is not, only says tarot.
Is that on a limited edition or upgrade part, or something??