Speed Jeti 40A
Servo Hitec 4xHS82MG
Propeller 11x4.7 sf
3s Li-Poly

Thank You
www.trchobby.com (THAILAND)
TONY
songtoday is offline Find More Posts by songtoday
Last edited by songtoday; Oct 12, 2011 at 07:06 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2011, 07:34 PM
Utah USA
Joined Jun 2002
2,236 Posts
Wow, nice work Tony!
WickedFunRC is online now Find More Posts by WickedFunRC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Latest Video's
Old Oct 13, 2011, 05:55 AM
Joined Oct 2011
7 Posts
Sound good khen. The other thing is that HK now won't let me add the big 1800's to my order, have to order batteries separately. ???
New World Order is offline Find More Posts by New World Order
Old Oct 13, 2011, 06:26 AM
Dr.
Nederland, NB, Grave
Joined Jul 2011
52 Posts
Tony, looks very good, nice clear pictures too
HaeMKa is offline Find More Posts by HaeMKa
Old Oct 14, 2011, 01:58 AM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
4,978 Posts
I got a message while ordering this plane about lipos having to be ordered separately before i could complete the order for the plane.
Get Real is offline Find More Posts by Get Real
Old Oct 14, 2011, 06:38 AM
Joined Oct 2011
7 Posts
Same here. Been looking at different options and thinking about going with Telink Yak. Anyone flew both?
Old Oct 14, 2011, 06:49 AM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
4,978 Posts
Options are good,the hundred bucks saved on this yak will buy me a lot more packs
Get Real is offline Find More Posts by Get Real
Old Oct 14, 2011, 07:03 AM
Joined Oct 2011
7 Posts
I'd rather fly quality than quantity.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 07:51 AM
Toronto
Joined Jun 2007
456 Posts
A few pics from my maiden.

Forgot to say - I also put some carbon tube around the control linkages, to reduce flex.
sihinch is online now Find More Posts by sihinch
Old Oct 14, 2011, 09:16 AM
Utah USA
Joined Jun 2002
2,236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by New World Order View Post
I'd rather fly quality than quantity.
Are you new to 3D flight or what is your experience level? Do you feel comfortable building? What specifically concerns you about the quality of the HK Yak?

With well over 200 flights (and a handful of crashes) I have no complaints with the build quality/materials of the HK Yak, how it flies or the included hardware pack. I think all of it's weak points are outlined in this thread. A lot of which are common to all planes of this size with similar construction. I like that it builds really quickly, but some people prefer to build it up themselves I'm sure.

There is really no magic to these planes. At the end of the day buy the one that suits your fancy and/or budget and have a blast with it .

I know of one person who (I believe) has flown both the HK and Telink Yak, perhaps he'll chime in.
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 14, 2011, 02:30 PM
PA Team Pilot
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2008
1,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by khen View Post
Are you new to 3D flight or what is your experience level? Do you feel comfortable building? What specifically concerns you about the quality of the HK Yak?

With well over 200 flights (and a handful of crashes) I have no complaints with the build quality/materials of the HK Yak, how it flies or the included hardware pack. I think all of it's weak points are outlined in this thread. A lot of which are common to all planes of this size with similar construction. I like that it builds really quickly, but some people prefer to build it up themselves I'm sure.

There is really no magic to these planes. At the end of the day buy the one that suits your fancy and/or budget and have a blast with it .

I know of one person who (I believe) has flown both the HK and Telink Yak, perhaps he'll chime in.
OK... Here is my 2 cents. And remember, I am a team pilot for both companies. BOttom line is that they fly differently. I have both of them. Keep in mind that they were created for 2 different purposes. One was economy, and one was for performance. I am sorry, for economy there is no competition in the two, but the twisted hobbies one put all their efforts into design and performance. Both planes are good... very good. BUt honestly, there is a difference. Maybe you have to be a really good 3d pilot to really feel it... I don't know. BUt there is definitely a performance difference. It is up to the individual as to whether it is worth it to you. There is also, support, delivery and considerations relating to accessible information that are of value as well. Personally, I always feel better supporting high integrity small companies... They drive innovations and performance enhancing improvements. Again.. just my 2 cents.
mtwargo is offline Find More Posts by mtwargo
Old Oct 14, 2011, 05:51 PM
Utah USA
Joined Jun 2002
2,236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtwargo View Post
OK... Here is my 2 cents. And remember, I am a team pilot for both companies. BOttom line is that they fly differently. I have both of them. Keep in mind that they were created for 2 different purposes. One was economy, and one was for performance. I am sorry, for economy there is no competition in the two, but the twisted hobbies one put all their efforts into design and performance. Both planes are good... very good. BUt honestly, there is a difference. Maybe you have to be a really good 3d pilot to really feel it... I don't know. BUt there is definitely a performance difference. It is up to the individual as to whether it is worth it to you. There is also, support, delivery and considerations relating to accessible information that are of value as well. Personally, I always feel better supporting high integrity small companies... They drive innovations and performance enhancing improvements. Again.. just my 2 cents.
mtwargo, Thanks for your response. I appreciate that you mentioned your team sponsorships. I think that is an honest practice when rendering an opinion on a product or otherwise promoting a product.

I agree with supporting high integrity small businesses.
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 16, 2011, 03:26 PM
Hungary, Szabolcs-Szatmar-Bereg, Csenger
Joined Aug 2010
160 Posts
servo recommendation

I'd like buy this plane from Hobbyking. Can you recommend a cheap and good servo (under 10 usd unit price) ? Thanks for help!
feket663 is offline Find More Posts by feket663
Old Oct 16, 2011, 05:56 PM
What's tomorrows forecast?
indiana
Joined Jun 2009
283 Posts
Feket663 The digital servos that Hobbyking recommends seem to be a decent choice however while i was building i realized the servo screws provided with the servos didn't work with the servo arm extensions provided with the kit... but i was able to use screws from other servos that were long enough to screw into the servo with the extensions.

Although, i have not yet flown with these servos because i am having issues with the Donkey motor that HK recommended for the plane.

Any ideas would help... the problem is when i throttle up the motor it runs fine until about half throttle any more throttle i start to get a loud squeal and then the motor stops spinning. Is this just because the motor is junk? i tried a much smaller prop and it seems to swing it to full throttle but the prop isn't big enough to fly the plane. My issue is with the 11*4.7 prop that is recommend for the set up.

if it's the motor does anyone have a good suggestion that hobbyking has in stock?

Again any ideas or thoughts would be helpful, Thanks.
coinworker is offline Find More Posts by coinworker
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 16, 2011, 07:11 PM
smoke is my wattmeter
Longview, Tx
Joined May 2008
1,121 Posts
Sounds like the motor timing needs to be adjusted with your esc. Some escs will lose sync with certain motors. I really can't say why but my better quality escs have way fewer sync problems.
krexken is offline Find More Posts by krexken