HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 06, 2014, 10:10 PM
Joined May 2014
22 Posts
Discussion
Elgae 433mhz LRS system

I'm getting to the point in range where my old 72mhz Futaba just won't cut it. I was shopping for an LRS for my next, longer range build and had decided on buying the RangeLink as soon as I could afford it and the parts for the plane. But I eventually came upon this system from RCTimer: http://www.rctimer.com/product_1104.html

At $73, its nearly $100 cheaper than the RangeLink, which I already considered to be reasonably priced. I did some research and I couldn't turn up a single review or testimony about this system. It supports frequency hopping, head tracking, 8 channels, and several other features that I'll probably never use. It has a power output adjustable from 100mw to 2W!

One is currently being shipped to me and is scheduled to arrive Wednesday. I was definitely weary about ordering this, since it appears to be untested, and it seems too good to be true for the money. I plan to extensively ground test it's range at 100mw to see how it stacks up. There is also no mention of any harmonics filtering in the description, so I'll need to test how it affects my video. I have no doubt that at 2W, it would squash my video, even with filtering, so I'll stick to low power (2W is massive overkill anyway).

I realize that I'll probably "get what I pay for" but for the chance to save enough money to build my new FPV ship, I'll gamble my old one. Besides, someone has to bite the bullet and try this thing. Before I can test mine and report back, has anyone used this LRS before? what can you say about it?
tgfeminella is offline Find More Posts by tgfeminella
to remove ads between posts