Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 06, 2014, 02:13 AM
Australia, QLD, Mackay
Joined Jul 2013
111 Posts
Discussion
New APM 2.6 lasted only 10 minutes

Hi All,

After waiting a fortnight to get my APM 2.6 from China and a few short test flights in the lounge room, I finally had the chance to fly it this morning outside. Flew nicely on stock PID's with ALT hold working well. About 8 minutes in I landed in a bad spot so dissarmed, went and picked it up/repositioned it, went to re-arm and no joy.

I took it inside and connected to the PC. I got the error "BAD GYRO HEALTH' I then bypassed the pre-arm checks and carefully tried it again. No chance at all. This thing was going to flip onto it's back if given a chance so I stopped there.

A bit of research on-line showed that this was the common and dreaded "3.3volt regulator blown" fault.

Can I say at this point how unimpressed I am with this board. It may be that it's because I bought it from some crappy Chinese supplier who has never heard of quality control but the only other option was to buy one at over twice the price from a local supplier. Even so I still paid $80 or so.

Going back to a MW board for now and IF they cover it under warranty and send me another one, we'll try again.
doehme is offline Find More Posts by doehme
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 06, 2014, 10:23 AM
United States, PA, Doylestown
Joined Jan 2014
1,314 Posts
It should not be too hard to replace the Voltage regulator.
Anyone know what causes the fault on this board? Is it a design issue or a production QC issue?
waltr is offline Find More Posts by waltr
Old Mar 06, 2014, 05:36 PM
Joined Apr 2006
1,228 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=614

Did you check if 3.3V regulator is OK...
barok is offline Find More Posts by barok
Old Mar 07, 2014, 06:23 PM
Australia, QLD, Mackay
Joined Jul 2013
111 Posts
Yeah, I've 4.8 volts on the points mentioned in that post.
doehme is offline Find More Posts by doehme