HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 11, 2014, 08:07 AM
A geriatric flier
Australia, NSW, Braidwood
Joined Nov 2008
770 Posts
I am lucky and have not yet had a damaged plane delivered. Regardless of this I photograph the box before I start to unpack it as evidence the plane was not damaged during transport. If any of the contents is damaged then it can reasonably be assumed the plane was damaged at the factory. If any package is damaged I will unpack it at the post office to check if the contents are OK.
Watdazit is online now Find More Posts by Watdazit
to remove ads between posts
Old May 13, 2014, 12:01 PM
Canada, QC, Pointe-Claire
Joined Jun 2011
380 Posts
Well the rest of the plane is coming together at a good pace. Although the overall quality does not thrill me. The supplied hardware is second rate. I hate slot/philips screws, good thing i stocked up at Micro Fasteners in Toledo. For a suggested plane / motor combo (as it was marketed) the manual does includes very little engine mount specifics.

Would anyone out there please be kind enough to have a template to the cowl? Another thing the should have been supplied in the kit.
teckbot is offline Find More Posts by teckbot
Old May 13, 2014, 02:06 PM
EIEIEIO Classic is dway ta go!
Northeast Pa. .Heyna or No?
Joined Aug 2009
1,847 Posts
Those screws aren't the best but they are better than the "white box" arf hardware.
There really isn't much needed for the firewall mount. It's predrilled.T-nutted, etc.. Just bolt the mount up and bolt the 10GX in.
I thought the same thing as far as a template but the cowl was not that hard to cut for the 10GX. Just study the pictures and go slow...a little at a time.
flyinwalenda is offline Find More Posts by flyinwalenda
Old May 14, 2014, 09:41 AM
amo ludibria ventis
United States, VA, Chantilly
Joined Oct 2010
7,398 Posts
I've been flying for 3 years and pathetically, my new Meridian is my first ARF build (other than a foamie). What I do see is the hardware is a little sub-par. Can you guys list and link any upgrades you decided to make? I am strongly considering upgrading all the pushrods as one came broken, they seem to bend easy, and I have seen many complaints about the length of the steering rod. HELP! I want to do this right!
PontiusPilate is offline Find More Posts by PontiusPilate