HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 01, 2013, 03:52 PM
pondside
Sutton, Ma.
Joined Aug 2010
155 Posts
Well, been flying with my son, (like an idiot I spent $210 on two 1SQ's before I found Massive RC store), got his set up with a DX6i but sometimes flys great, other times goes crazy. My 1SQ crapped out (Bad Board). The Mini Pet is going strong! Thanks to MO's advice, I reversed polarity on the MP plug, (and the charger cord), so now all my batts work with either quad and chargers, now I got to go about getting the 1SQ replaced. I wonder if they will refund my money? Ya, right when pigs fly!

BD
pondside is offline Find More Posts by pondside
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 01, 2013, 05:06 PM
Finding Creative Ways To Crash
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
Hey Pat. The Turnigy replenishment of 100 is on its way now. Last update was:

20/12/2012 23:08 Handover to Airline

So who knows how long it will take from there, but you're probably right. You can use the Turnigy's on any quad, but the V202 will require some foam strips. The X4's holder seems to grab it decently without extra padding.

With our X4 order we're also getting 100 spare body shell kits and 400 spare prop sets (200 of the black set and 200 of the white set).
Excellent!

I'm reeeeeally glad to hear you guys are going to be carrying spare bodies for the X4, this is a huge score! As far as ordering today, well, that went right down the toilet. My local bank is closed today, so no deposit into the checking account I use for Paypal. I was really hoping to order today and be flying by Sat....Dammit!

Good news...There was $40 in there that I thought I already spent...Hahahahaa! Thanks for putting-in all the hard work Mass/James much appreciated. I'll place my order tomorrow.

-Pat
RCCrashTestDummy is offline Find More Posts by RCCrashTestDummy
Old Jan 01, 2013, 05:30 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,007 Posts
Yay for found money.

And yay for X4 parts source. I am really tempted to buy a X4 and figure out a way to stuff a vitality board in it.

I think once you get stock, I will give that a try.
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Jan 01, 2013, 05:45 PM
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Yay for found money.

And yay for X4 parts source. I am really tempted to buy a X4 and figure out a way to stuff a vitality board in it.

Daryoon,

Why would you do this, I thought the X4 would be the superior board??? I've strongly considered buying the H36 just to have a 3rd Mini to fly while the motors cool-off on the X4 and V202 during back to back flights. I was also considering the RC Eye One as my 3rd Mini now that the X4 seems to be closing-in on the $60 range but the $9 batt, lack of 2.4 Tx, and parts are deal breakers. I know they're getting closer to solving these problems, but I think they need more time???

-Pat
Last edited by RCCrashTestDummy; Jan 01, 2013 at 06:00 PM.
Old Jan 01, 2013, 05:48 PM
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Speaking of which...

Are there any X4 boards available anywhere??? Maybe an X4 board and some cheap UDI parts, one might have themselves a neat little BNF so to speak.

-Pat
Last edited by RCCrashTestDummy; Jan 01, 2013 at 05:55 PM.
Old Jan 01, 2013, 06:16 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,007 Posts
I hear people liking the flight characteristics of the X4 and Vitality when compared to the Ladybird.

I just want an X4 that can bind to the Turnigy TX. I like the size and look for the X4.

May require cutting into the PCB to make it fit. Can't be certain till I have the parts in hand to look at.

But that's the basic idea behind my thinking.
Old Jan 01, 2013, 06:25 PM
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Quote:
I hear people liking the flight characteristics of the X4 and Vitality when compared to the Ladybird.

I just want an X4 that can bind to the Turnigy TX. I like the size and look for the X4.

May require cutting into the PCB to make it fit. Can't be certain till I have the parts in hand to look at.

But that's the basic idea behind my thinking.
Ahhhhh I see, makes sense to me. I don't have a Turnigy Tx, but I've thought about getting one for my V911's, 929, and 949. I just wanted to be able to order one where I don't have to do any "flashing" of ER this, or ABC that. I just want it to install the batts, bind, and I'll figure-out how to set trims, etc.

-Pat
Old Jan 01, 2013, 06:38 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,007 Posts
That would be the new 9XR. It comes with essentially er9x, backlight and the programming port already on it. Supposely better gimbals too. You just need to buy a FlySky module for $20 and stick it into the back.

Then it's the radio you're asking for. The first batch was release on Christmas and sold out shortly. A second batch released days after that. And is currently sold out from what I know.
Old Jan 01, 2013, 06:44 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,107 Posts
I'm with Daryoon on this. Once you got the 9x, it is pretty difficult to consider another toy radio. I love the whole construction of the X4. If it could bind to the 9x, all the lovelier! Wish the X4 would come in an inexpensive ARF form!
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Jan 01, 2013, 06:48 PM
Step 1: Tear it apart
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
4,700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCrashTestDummy View Post
Excellent!

I'm reeeeeally glad to hear you guys are going to be carrying spare bodies for the X4, this is a huge score! As far as ordering today, well, that went right down the toilet. My local bank is closed today, so no deposit into the checking account I use for Paypal. I was really hoping to order today and be flying by Sat....Dammit!

Good news...There was $40 in there that I thought I already spent...Hahahahaa! Thanks for putting-in all the hard work Mass/James much appreciated. I'll place my order tomorrow.

-Pat
You'll still probably get it by Saturday if you get your order in tommorrow.

Quote:
Yay for found money.

I thought of just gutting the upper canopy of the X4 and mounting it to the V202 frame, but the board height is just too tall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCrashTestDummy View Post
Speaking of which...

Are there any X4 boards available anywhere??? Maybe an X4 board and some cheap UDI parts, one might have themselves a neat little BNF so to speak.

-Pat
We're not buying RX boards anymore. It's cheaper to buy a whole unit and part it out. A better solution is to get the 6043\6044 board and install it in your favorite chasis like my Mini Pet hybrid.
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 01, 2013, 07:18 PM
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
You'll still probably get it by Saturday if you get your order in tommorrow.

We're not buying RX boards anymore. It's cheaper to buy a whole unit and part it out. A better solution is to get the 6043\6044 board and install it in your favorite chasis like my Mini Pet hybrid.
Sat. would be great, I'll keep my fingers crossed. Do you plan to part-out any X4's? I would be interested in an extra board just to have on hand even if I decided not to build a hybird.

Mass, I'm not fimilar with the 6043/6044. Can you post a link to the board/quad you're talkng about? Whenever you mentioned your hybird, I always thought 6043/6044 were other numbers for the X4, my mistake.

-Pat
Last edited by RCCrashTestDummy; Jan 01, 2013 at 07:29 PM.
Old Jan 01, 2013, 07:23 PM
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Quote:
That would be the new 9XR. It comes with essentially er9x, backlight and the programming port already on it. Supposely better gimbals too. You just need to buy a FlySky module for $20 and stick it into the back.

Then it's the radio you're asking for. The first batch was release on Christmas and sold out shortly. A second batch released days after that. And is currently sold out from what I know.
Cool,

Thanks Daryoon, I'll check it out!

-Pat
Old Jan 01, 2013, 09:05 PM
Joined Mar 2012
1,002 Posts
Before the X4 love fest gets carried away..... It's got minor problems.
Not that they can't be addressed. But here's what I found so far.

Crashing inverted busts motors (two so far).
Chassis buzzes and vibrates (tape it).
Body cracks (hmmm).
Can't bind with a better radio (true with many mini's).
To small (not an issue indoors, but outside...).

So while it's cute. I'm surprised it's as fragile as it is.
I think the other mini quads are all more resilient.
cyberbillp is offline Find More Posts by cyberbillp
Old Jan 01, 2013, 09:09 PM
Step 1: Tear it apart
Joined Feb 2011
4,700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbillp View Post
Before the X4 love fest gets carried away..... It's got problems. Not that they can't be addressed. but here's what I found so far.

Crashing inverted busts motors (two so far).
Chassis buzzes and vibrates (tape it).
Body cracks hmmm.
Can't bind with a better radio (true with many mini's).
To small (not an issue indoors, but outside...).
Runs down to Bill's house and gags him until our shipment is sold out

J/K man...........people are so addicted to these things like crack and will still buy em up in lemming fashion
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 01, 2013, 09:37 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,007 Posts
@cyberbillp
Thanks for the summary. Much appreciated.

I think I can work around those issues now that I am aware of them.