HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 05, 2010, 04:34 PM
US and Costa Rica
Joined Dec 2004
1,230 Posts
Help!
SeaGull Pro firmware question

Hi, I bought a Seagull Pro system and I was playing around today trying to get it to work on the bench but I get a message from the dashboard saying GPS not detected.
I was going through the GPS manual (expander V.4) and it says that it needs firmware 4.76 or higher.
I managed to update the dashboard to ver. 4.77 but when I connect the data recorder it says ver. 0.00 and when I click the firmware button it gives me the "updating the firmware" message and after a while the "update successful!" message but if I unplug it and plug it up again I get the same ver. 0.00 and the button to update the firmware, so I'm stuck there.
Any help????
Thanks,
Fernando
ferincr is offline Find More Posts by ferincr
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 05, 2010, 08:46 PM
US and Costa Rica
Joined Dec 2004
1,230 Posts
Update...

I just realized that if I click on Help/ Display file and recorder settings, I do get that the recorder is on ver.5.66
But I still get the message every time I open the Data Recorder application software (ver. 8.64) that says:

"The firmware of your Data Recorder is too new for this version of the Eagle Tree Windows Application. The Firmware Control utility will now run. Please click the 'Update Recorder Firmware' button when prompted."

And then I get the Firmware control window with the button but above it it states:
"Flight Recorder PRO Firmware Version 0.00"
And then the button to update to ver.5.66 (which according to the help file I already have in the recorder.

But the most intriguing thing is that the GPS Expander V.4 does not blink or anything.
Is there anything I should do appart from plugging it in for the system to recognize it????
Does it takes until it finds satellites or should it start blinking right away?
Thanks for any help.
Fernando
Old Aug 05, 2010, 10:42 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,918 Posts
Hi Fernando, sorry to hear you are having an issue.

We're going to need to collect some additional data from your system. Could you please open a support web ticket with us at http://ticket.eagletreesystems.com? And, please include a link to this thread if convenient.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 05, 2010, 11:00 PM
US and Costa Rica
Joined Dec 2004
1,230 Posts
I will. Thanks for helping.
Fernando