HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 19, 2014, 01:15 PM
merin
United States, OH, Dublin
Joined Jul 2012
80 Posts
Build Log
My Bixler 2 Kit Build log

Hello Guys, I got my BIXLER 2 from HK last week, and had been building it slowly after going thru the other build logs, which really helped. So here is the list of item used.

Items:
D2826-10 1400kv Brushless Motor (USA Warehouse) 1 US$9.09
HXT900 9g / 1.6kg / .12sec Micro Servo (US Warehouse) 4 US$3.19
urnigy TGY-50090M Metal Gear 9g Analog Servo (USA Warehouse) 2 US$5.17
Hobbyking Bixler 2 EPO 1500mm w/Optional Flaps (KIT) (US Warehouse)

ESC - turnigy Plush 40A - already had in my inventory from my trex 450.

Receiver Frsky D8R Plus II
Frsky sensor hub and temparature/volt/rpm sensors
Lipo 3S 2200mah - already had it.

extreme shipping tape

As of now amy not planning to use FLAPS, so 2 servos going to be in storage. And also decided to use metal gear for the elevator and aileron as it would be difficult to change them if stripped or repaired.

Will post photos soon ....
merin_83 is offline Find More Posts by merin_83
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2014, 08:53 PM
merin
Joined Jul 2012
80 Posts
Here are the finished Wings !

Here i have used a heat shrink on the clevis to make it not unlock it self, i had seem in another post where a aquarium tubing was used, i dint have it so found heat shrink...

Also the servo's on the wing were laminated with tape and then hot glued into position.

The foam which came to cover servo cable and wing spar was cut in two length wise, as i have permanently glued the wing spar part to add strength and other piece covering the servo cable was just taped on to wing for easy replacement of servo.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 09:00 PM
merin
Joined Jul 2012
80 Posts
Here is what i did for easy access of the aileron servo plugs, cut a slot into fuse below the wings and hut glued a servo extension from receiver to fuse.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 09:05 PM
merin
Joined Jul 2012
80 Posts
I had made an extension for the motor, and just went with the stock motor mount, and glued it with the stock kit glue.

and also the small black piece you see above the motor is the rpm sensor, just i had it from previous build, so used it.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 09:10 PM
merin
Joined Jul 2012
80 Posts
Here is the fuse setup, i had made a small tray with the wooden sticks to hold the battery bit up, so that it wont block the ventilation below it. and which will cool the esc.(marked in the photo).

Yes i decided go with mounting the esc inside. And i have some Velcro to hold the battery in place. Also used Velcro to place the esc.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 08:59 PM
merin
Joined Jul 2012
80 Posts
Assembled the rudder horizontal and vertical stabilizer.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 09:03 PM
merin
Joined Jul 2012
80 Posts
completed fuse ,,,,,
Old Jan 21, 2014, 09:04 PM
merin
Joined Jul 2012
80 Posts
here is the completed BIXLER 2
Old Jan 24, 2014, 09:26 AM
Joined Nov 2010
929 Posts
Nice one Merin. I'll be getting the bixler 2 as my first plane to fly soon and I'm thinking besides the main wings, would the horizontal tail wings be able to be made detachable as well so that it would pack better for transport?
nese is offline Find More Posts by nese
Old Jan 24, 2014, 09:40 AM
merin
Joined Jul 2012
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nese View Post
Nice one Merin. I'll be getting the bixler 2 as my first plane to fly soon and I'm thinking besides the main wings, would the horizontal tail wings be able to be made detachable as well so that it would pack better for transport?
thanks, I have seen one person doin that with a nylon bolt or something, but dint have much examples, so dint try that, intact i also wanted something like that for transport, but dint find good example.....

thanks,
merin
Old Jan 24, 2014, 09:58 AM
merin
Joined Jul 2012
80 Posts
Quote:
here is a thread ... link
Old Jan 25, 2014, 10:04 AM
Joined Nov 2010
929 Posts
Thanks for the link merin. I'm going to study that and make something of it. I think it may take me a while, but hey, it's a hobby. I think the makers of the bixler 2 should include this in their bixler 3
Old Jan 26, 2014, 09:56 PM
merin
Joined Jul 2012
80 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the link merin. I'm going to study that and make something of it. I think it may take me a while, but hey, it's a hobby. I think the makers of the bixler 2 should include this in their bixler 3
yeah, me to, but am not sure how to HOLDS together. Let me if you incorporate it.

thanks,
merin
Old Jan 26, 2014, 09:57 PM
merin
Joined Jul 2012
80 Posts
How far i should tight the spinner, should i use a thread locker ?
Old Jan 27, 2014, 01:44 AM
Joined Nov 2010
929 Posts
From the quads that I've built using the collet, I've only put a touch of blue thread locker onto the spinner for some resistance (not really locked so they are still removable) but made sure that none of the blue stuff got in contact with the plastic prop (I'm told getting thread locker onto plastic makes the plastic brittle). I'll be doing the same with this one