Old Dec 30, 2012, 12:39 AM
Micro enthusiast
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Aug 2011
801 Posts
Help!
Skyangel Nano P-47

Hi All,

Hope you guys have had a great Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Today I maidened my Skyangel Nano P-47 Jug that I bought myself for Chrissy.

Though Ive posted on this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...551536&page=10 , Id like some advice please as that particular thread is very old and slow now so I dont expect an answer.

My problem is that my new P-47 wants to loop all the time, under power.
I have the control surfaces, aileron, rudder and elevator, all level where they should be, the COG seems pretty close to the manual.

However I hand launched it and it took to the air above me and started doing wild loops over and over again. I fought with it to get it down to the ground, picking my moment when it was in the level part of a loop chopping the throttle and landing it not too badly..... Just broke one of the foam bombs off.

Shes a very tough little plane, but it looks like I need some advice as to what to tweak before I can make it fly straight and level.

So please any advice is welcome.

Regards,
Nath.
Groovechampion is offline Find More Posts by Groovechampion
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:04 PM
Micro enthusiast
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Aug 2011
801 Posts
Well I did get to re-maiden my Nano P-47 over the weekend and man Im glad I did!

Turned out that the two fifty cent peices I slotted in the front of the fuse helped with making her a bit more nose heavy - perfect for re-maidens!

Even though I had the extra weight in the front (the two fifties weighed 31 grams) she still wanted to climb like crazy! Ended up with an insane amount of up elevator to get her to fly level.

Also the slightly higher deflection of one side of the elevator than the other side was pretty negilable and no real effect was present on loops or climbing.

Next up - to buy myself the FW-190 and complete the set.
Also chasing a spare fuse for my Skyangel Nano T-28 to mod and paint in a different scheme....

Regards,
Nath.
Groovechampion is offline Find More Posts by Groovechampion