SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Feb 07, 2013, 07:36 PM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,085 Posts
is it jittery if you use it with naza output? just to see if it is the servo or hfg
askman is offline Find More Posts by askman
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2013, 07:39 PM
Support yer local CharlieSheen
Joined May 2011
1,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by askman View Post
is it jittery if you use it with naza output? just to see if it is the servo or hfg
Ill try that.

Here's a video of a quick hover with the gimbal off and then one with it on.

Jitter, WHY!!! (1 min 48 sec)
isaacintheclouds is offline Find More Posts by isaacintheclouds
Old Feb 07, 2013, 07:55 PM
Support yer local CharlieSheen
Joined May 2011
1,027 Posts
Tried it with the naza output, still there. Gain was low on the Naza so it was moving really slow, but still I could see the jitter same as with the HFG. I dont know how it could be the servo either. I got one new one because I suspected that maybe I had the belt too tight and maybe I had done some damage, but it was still there with the new one. Then I accidentally fried both the new one and one of the old ones by plugging them in wrong, so, I took the one old one that I thought I had damaged by having a belt too tight and put it on the pitch and I cant see any jitter on the pitch with that one. Now I have a second new MKS on the roll and it still jitters. I am at a complete loss. It hasnt been crashed either, in case you were wondering.

Did you see the difference in the video between gimbal off and gimbal on? Maybe I should try a different type of servo, like a freefly if they work with HFG yet?
isaacintheclouds is offline Find More Posts by isaacintheclouds
Last edited by isaacintheclouds; Feb 07, 2013 at 08:04 PM.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 10:50 PM
Joined Mar 2012
825 Posts
Getting the Lobster ready for the GH3 and tested 10000mah (2x 5000mah) 4S today with the Avrotos and Graupner 11x5 props. Lots of power and noticed no difference in the climb rate!

Flight time with the Nex-5n went up to 11.5 minutes (from 7ish), and with dummy weights for the GH3 + 12-35mm lens (arriving tomorrow) I got 9.5 minutes (AUW 10.5 lbs)
This was with conservative mixed flying and waiting for stage 2 of the NAZA low voltage protection...

The packs were at around 3.7v when I started charging and I put in an average of 4500mah per pack. So I guess I will set my flight timer to those values minus 2 min ^^

I can't believe I never tried this before as I could really have done with the longer flight times

Cheers,

Cedric
c3d76 is offline Find More Posts by c3d76
Last edited by c3d76; Feb 07, 2013 at 10:57 PM.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 11:56 PM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,085 Posts
kenji was getting similiar flight time with dual 4x5000 packs.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 08, 2013, 01:17 AM
United States, OR, Keizer
Joined Jul 2012
454 Posts
Quote:
kenji was getting similiar flight time with dual 4x5000 packs.
yep. for me I opted for single 5000 packs just because I get to fly for longer overall if I used them one at a time.

2 at one at a time would yield 14 minutes instead of 11 minutes. With my supply of batteries I could then get 56 minutes total instead of 44 minutes.
Banana Furikake is offline Find More Posts by Banana Furikake
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 08, 2013, 01:52 AM
Joined Mar 2012
825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Furikake View Post
yep. for me I opted for single 5000 packs just because I get to fly for longer overall if I used them one at a time.

2 at one at a time would yield 14 minutes instead of 11 minutes. With my supply of batteries I could then get 56 minutes total instead of 44 minutes.
Makes sense Ken, I didn't think of it that way ^^
I usually don't get to use all of my packs anyway, so the 2 batt option works for me... Now that I will be using the heavy GH3 there is no choice really, not much I would be able to do with 3.5/4 minute flights
Old Feb 08, 2013, 02:18 AM
South Orange County, CA
Joined Mar 2003
8,113 Posts
Cedric, how did you get a GH3 already? Down here they still aren't available. Can you get one in Canada, or did you just get lucky and snagged one from somewhere?

-- Gary
GGoodrum is offline Find More Posts by GGoodrum
Old Feb 08, 2013, 02:32 AM
Joined Mar 2012
825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGoodrum View Post
Cedric, how did you get a GH3 already? Down here they still aren't available. Can you get one in Canada, or did you just get lucky and snagged one from somewhere?

-- Gary
Hey Gary,

I looked EVERYWHERE
Finally found one here in Canada, price is good and apparently they still have stock:
https://www.bjphoto.net/BJ_ProductDe...MC511GH3KPAC_0

Cedric

p.s. Got extra batt and 12-35mm lens from them too...
Old Feb 08, 2013, 09:52 AM
United States, MD, Solomons
Joined Feb 2002
1,971 Posts
I was looking at the Hoverfly gimbal and wanted to know is it really worth the money or should I use the Naza as the gimbal controller? I'm going to buy the AG500 when it becomes available again but I wanted an honest to God opinion on whether spending $360.00 on the HFG is really worth the money. Any one hear anything on the updated AG500? Its not even listed on the Tppacks website anymore. I plan on using a Gopro 3 black with it. Thanks
gromitvt10 is offline Find More Posts by gromitvt10
Old Feb 08, 2013, 10:12 AM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
I flew with the Naza (to test) and it was jittery. Plugged in my HFG and flew with a new pack and it was smooth as silk.

Depends on what you want out of the system. If you want more cinema quality video the Naza won't work. If you want just more level video than hard mounted, then use Naza.

Me personally? When you are spending money for something, i'd rather spend just a little more and have the best available. Push come to shove if you have to sell it I haven't seen them go for less than 75% off retail in the Classifieds here on RCG.
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Feb 08, 2013, 10:43 AM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,085 Posts
there was very little difference between 500 and 600 except for camera tray. with tube camera tray base design, we decided that there is very little reason to offer separate 500 and 600. what we will do is offer gopro mounting kit for 600 and shorter tube set(or you can cut it down) if someone want to make it narrower. this way, you will have greater flexibility.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 08, 2013, 11:05 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2012
752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by c3d76 View Post
Hey Gary,

I looked EVERYWHERE
Finally found one here in Canada, price is good and apparently they still have stock:
https://www.bjphoto.net/BJ_ProductDe...MC511GH3KPAC_0

Cedric

p.s. Got extra batt and 12-35mm lens from them too...
Really curious to see what you think of that camera + lens. I am hearing good things about the OIS of the lens - plus a lot of other good things about that combo. If I had the money - that's where I would spend it
jcmonty is offline Find More Posts by jcmonty
Old Feb 08, 2013, 11:14 AM
South Orange County, CA
Joined Mar 2003
8,113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmonty View Post
Really curious to see what you think of that camera + lens. I am hearing good things about the OIS of the lens - plus a lot of other good things about that combo. If I had the money - that's where I would spend it
I too am really curious about this camera/lens combo. Now that you can be our guinea pig, Cedric, I can wait a bit until they become available locally. I can get the lens here now, but since it is as much as the camera body, I will wait until I have something to mount it on.

Anyway, looking forward to the videos.
GGoodrum is offline Find More Posts by GGoodrum
Old Feb 08, 2013, 11:31 AM
United States, MI, Ann Arbor
Joined Mar 2012
225 Posts
Quote:
there was very little difference between 500 and 600 except for camera tray. with tube camera tray base design, we decided that there is very little reason to offer separate 500 and 600. what we will do is offer gopro mounting kit for 600 and shorter tube set(or you can cut it down) if someone want to make it narrower. this way, you will have greater flexibility.
good call. kind of nice having a small company looking out for the best for everyone - customer and manufacturer. the past year with you has been a great progression of work - be proud.
red1one is offline Find More Posts by red1one
Closed Thread