HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by banana hobby, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 03:13 PM
United States, FL, Valrico
Joined Apr 2012
607 Posts
Bad / Incorrect Receiver in Order # 2335-121227

Dear BH CSR:

I received an E-FLY 6-ch receiver and cannot bind it to my BlitZRC 6-ch radio. I ordered the BlitZRC receiver shown in the photo for SKU AT-RX-32017. It can be seen here: http://www.bananahobby.com/at-rx-32017-80987-prd1.html
I would not have ordered the receiver if the picture had shown an E-FLY receiver as I would have been too worried that it would not bind with my radio. And it looks like my worries are well founded.

The BlitZRC radio was part of an AT6 RTF purchase I made from BH last summer. I was able to easily bind the radio to the BlitZRC receiver included with the plane. I have followed those same directions: 1) bind plug in BAT, 2) connect Li-Po, 3) Push in bind button on radio and turn it on, 4) pull the bind plug and 5) push the bind button on the radio again so it pops out. I cannot get the receiver to bind to the radio. I never get the green light and it never stops its slow beep.

If I should be following a different set of instructions for the E-FLY receiver please let me know what I need to do, otherwise please provide an RMA number and instructions on how to send this back to you.

Thank you.

John Vogt

Please disregard this post as I have finally been able to resolve the binding issue. It appears that the problem was caused by 1) sound card being plugged in during bind process and/or 2) battery being in storage mode (3.8 volts per cell). Once I detached the sound card and fully charged the battery, I was able to bind the receiver to my radio.
LowSpeedStall is offline Find More Posts by LowSpeedStall
Last edited by LowSpeedStall; Jan 12, 2013 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Problem resolved
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2013, 02:08 PM
I'd rather be flying
United States, NY, Saratoga Springs
Joined Jan 2009
1,257 Posts
order number is:#23114-121226

Hi Nancy -

My newly purchased F5E has two problems:

#1 is that the ESC does not operate at all. The BEC works and the servos work but the ESC will NOT start the motor nor will the motor make any beeps. I tried a different ESC and everything was ok.

#2 There were (2) right hand elevator stabilizers sent with the model instead of a left and a right.
So, I need a new ESC assembly and also a LEFT side elevator/stab assembly in order to get this plane to fly. Please help! My order number is:#23114-121226

Thanks!!
baddb1 is offline Find More Posts by baddb1
Old Jan 12, 2013, 07:48 PM
Joined Jun 2012
18 Posts
1700mm p-47 T Bolt

Just bought a p-47 MONSTER from Banana Hobby at the AMA show.
Build it all today and I must say dang!!!! Incredible!!!!
The kit was more than complete...
All the important stuff works. Only one NAV light doesn't turn on.
The landing gear is insane...
I went ahead and bought a 100 cobra Esc at the show on sale also. Gonna run that from the start. Also 6cell 65C 5000mah batt from thunder pwr.

For what you get for the price I can't really complain if servos go bad. I'm gonna replace them with good stuff and no more prob...
Thanks Banana Hobby!!!!
I'm feel like a little kid with a HUGE toy!!!
Marcz1 is offline Find More Posts by Marcz1
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:12 PM
Customer Support
United States, CA, Irwindale
Joined Nov 2010
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizute View Post
Of course BH issues with customer service are well documented.
I still ordered a F18 RNF (Repairand Fly), installed a full retract servo to operate the wing rods, rebuilt most of the vector thrust, replaced 3 bad servos and began final assembly. Operating the gear fried the controller so I'm dead in the water. Removed the canopy and wing fold mechanism to my DX18 sequencer but can't for the retracts. Apart from missing a battery and having to repair the one retract out of the box, I emailed, sent requested photos and the stalled. So I did the 40min wait phone call with the nice lady on CS they agreed after 30min of troubleshooting to rush me a new controller and the missing battery. dec 4 was the call and follow up emails etc are unanswered. Model on shelf, 400 dollar paperweight, anyone have a clue what they are doing beside making money over there?
Good afternoon Drizute. May I have your order number please. - Nancy
Nancy BH CSR is offline Find More Posts by Nancy BH CSR
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:13 PM
Customer Support
Joined Nov 2010
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstopps View Post
Yes I did, thank you. Problem is I realized my printer is out of ink and I've been busy with work and Christmas. I will try to get the label printed tomorrow and hopefully shipped out. Hope the label still works. thanks,
Matt
Hello Matt.
It is completely understandable considering it is the holiday season.

- Nancy
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:15 PM
Customer Support
Joined Nov 2010
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msioni View Post
I placed order 18690-121205 three weeks ago with no shipment. I called and told it would be shipped that same day, that was a week ago.
Good afternoon Msioni.

Your order was shipped via USPS with the tracking number of CJ491187272US, which you are able to track by going onto the USPS' website at www.USPS.com. When following up on your order, it had just arrived at Canada's Post Office at 8:49am. It should be delivered to you soon.

- Nancy
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:20 PM
Customer Support
Joined Nov 2010
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich McCall View Post
If anyone could help me figure out how to contact someone from bananahobby to figure out if my order has been shipped and if I have a tracking number. After looking at reviews I am almost regretting that I made a purchase through them. I have been put on hold forever on a long distant call and all the email addresses don't work. If someone could help it would be great!
Thanks,
Rich
Hello Rich.

Can I have your order number please? You can also email me directly at bhlccsr16@bananahobby.com in regards to any concerns that you may have.

Sincerely,
Nancy P.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:21 PM
Customer Support
Joined Nov 2010
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbfrank View Post
Hi BH,
I ordered a SBD-5 ARF a week ago and no word from you since. My order# is 22587-121222. Please advise status.
Frank Arbaugh
arbfrank@aol.com
Hello Frank.

According to your order number, the package was shipped to you via UPS with the tracking number of 1ZX388V40378971136, which was delivered on January 8, 2013.

Sincerely,
Nancy P.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:22 PM
Customer Support
Joined Nov 2010
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matiac View Post
I am REALLY regretting ordering through B.H.. Only reason I did was because I've ordered parts from them and never had a problem, now this...REALLY regretting it...
Hello matiac.

May I know as to what had happen as well as your order number, thus, it would allow me to better assist you.

Sincerely,
Nancy.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:25 PM
Customer Support
Joined Nov 2010
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itskoz View Post
Hi Banana Hobby, Please can you tell me when my order will be shipped or if it has been shipped?

ORDER # 24028-121231 AND

ORDER # 24279-130102

I really dont like being charged and not informed, I would greatly appreciate a response or delivery info, thanks......
Hello itskoz.

In regards to order number 24279-130102, this order was shipped via USPS with the tracking number of 9400111201080688348242.

As for order number 24028-121231, there were a problem here and as I can see on your order, it was the unavailable servo that was holding up the order. Please rest assured that it is currently being worked on and you should be able to receive a tracking number shortly.

Sincerely,
Nancy
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:27 PM
Customer Support
Joined Nov 2010
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer View Post
My Mini F-22 came today on UPS. Appears to be undamaged. At first look, everything appears to look good, taped down inside the inner box.

Got it on time and in the correct version (ARF) shipped.

Going to be fun Hopping this one up with a beefy ESC, Wicked Motor and one of Don's Balanced Fans.

Was my first time ordering anything from BH, so Thanks for getting it right!
Looking good!

Please let me know how it flies for you. I've flown the F-18 one and it was awesome.

Sincerely,
Nancy
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:28 PM
Customer Support
Joined Nov 2010
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowSpeedStall View Post
Dear BH CSR:

I received an E-FLY 6-ch receiver and cannot bind it to my BlitZRC 6-ch radio. I ordered the BlitZRC receiver shown in the photo for SKU AT-RX-32017. It can be seen here: http://www.bananahobby.com/at-rx-32017-80987-prd1.html
I would not have ordered the receiver if the picture had shown an E-FLY receiver as I would have been too worried that it would not bind with my radio. And it looks like my worries are well founded.

The BlitZRC radio was part of an AT6 RTF purchase I made from BH last summer. I was able to easily bind the radio to the BlitZRC receiver included with the plane. I have followed those same directions: 1) bind plug in BAT, 2) connect Li-Po, 3) Push in bind button on radio and turn it on, 4) pull the bind plug and 5) push the bind button on the radio again so it pops out. I cannot get the receiver to bind to the radio. I never get the green light and it never stops its slow beep.

If I should be following a different set of instructions for the E-FLY receiver please let me know what I need to do, otherwise please provide an RMA number and instructions on how to send this back to you.

Thank you.

John Vogt

Please disregard this post as I have finally been able to resolve the binding issue. It appears that the problem was caused by 1) sound card being plugged in during bind process and/or 2) battery being in storage mode (3.8 volts per cell). Once I detached the sound card and fully charged the battery, I was able to bind the receiver to my radio.
I am glad to hear that the binding works after unplugging the sound card and charging the battery. Please keep me posted on the flight.

- Nancy
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:37 PM
Customer Support
Joined Nov 2010
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddb1 View Post
Hi Nancy -

My newly purchased F5E has two problems:

#1 is that the ESC does not operate at all. The BEC works and the servos work but the ESC will NOT start the motor nor will the motor make any beeps. I tried a different ESC and everything was ok.

#2 There were (2) right hand elevator stabilizers sent with the model instead of a left and a right.
So, I need a new ESC assembly and also a LEFT side elevator/stab assembly in order to get this plane to fly. Please help! My order number is:#23114-121226

Thanks!!
Good afternoon baddb1.

I see here that you purchased the Starmax F-5E. I would like to know if the throttle stick and trim set to the lowest down position before the aircraft was powered on. Was the battery fully charged? Can you check the connection from the ESC to motor making sure that it is secure as well? If everything checks out and the ESC/motor is still not responding, you may want to reprogram the ESC. Please do be careful as I do not want the jet to take off on you and keep me posted.

Sincerely,
Nancy
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:39 PM
Customer Support
Joined Nov 2010
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcz1 View Post
Just bought a p-47 MONSTER from Banana Hobby at the AMA show.
Build it all today and I must say dang!!!! Incredible!!!!
The kit was more than complete...
All the important stuff works. Only one NAV light doesn't turn on.
The landing gear is insane...
I went ahead and bought a 100 cobra Esc at the show on sale also. Gonna run that from the start. Also 6cell 65C 5000mah batt from thunder pwr.

For what you get for the price I can't really complain if servos go bad. I'm gonna replace them with good stuff and no more prob...
Thanks Banana Hobby!!!!
I'm feel like a little kid with a HUGE toy!!!
Hello Marcz1.

Keep me posted as to how it flies for you!

Sincerely,
Nancy
Old Jan 15, 2013, 01:47 AM
THE KOZ
Michigan
Joined Mar 2010
462 Posts
please give me a reply

Hi nancy, finally your returning info and for that I am very thankfull.. I appreciate the answer back and the results and thank you..

Could you please give me a reply to this question..
For the past years of the toledo RC show at the seagate center in toledo ohio we have yet to see Banana Hobby present or represented at any of the shows..
The show draws thousands of buyers and dealers during its 3 day run and the number one question on the floor is WHY DOESNT BANANA HOBBY COME TO THIS SHOW TO SELL AND SHOW OFF ITS GOODS LIKE IT DOES IN ONTARIO CALIFORNIA?

All we get is the big boys like great planes-horrizon hobby-hobby lobby-nitroplanes-castle-and others... NO BANANA HOBBY..... WHY is that and could you please make an effort to be at this years show. It is a guarantee that you will sell lots of merchandise along with letting everyone know of you and your Merchandise. Why do you think nitroplanes is there every year? How about passing the word to your gang out there to come join ours out here?
itskoz is offline Find More Posts by itskoz