HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by banana hobby, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 09, 2011, 04:56 PM
banana hobby's Avatar
Sunny SoCal!
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
Discussion
Banana Hobby Customer Support Request/Q and A Thread!

Hello friends of Banana Hobby! Thank you all for continuing to support Banana Hobby as we are growing and going for bigger and better! I know there has been up's and down's for many of you. This thread has been started for the sole purpose of making your experience with Banana Hobby a worth while endeavor. As Banana Hobby has grown, we never strive to reach the best in assisting you with the quality and knowledgeable assistance you deserve. This will be a good area to post your questions, concerns, suggestions, etc. Please keep these threads friendly as we have many youth reading these pages. I and Banana Hobby will always do the best to make your experience the best! Thank you all once again for your continued patronage!

Banana Hobby CSR will be your hosts here. Bailey is my number ONE Gal and she will take good care of you!

Regards,

Pete
banana hobby is offline Find More Posts by banana hobby
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 09, 2011, 05:07 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
Hey all, if you are expressing a concern regarding an order please provide the order # as not to cause any delay, if you do not have that information the email address provided on the order will do. If asking about an item, please provide the Item # if you have that available. Also, I have a new email which is bailey@bananahobby.com, if you have emailed me @ bhlccsr1@bananahobby.com don't worry I do still have access. Please do not flood the thread with repeated posts about the same thing, I will response just to confirm that I've received your message even if I can not work on your order at that exact moment. If you are posting just to bash or complain and don't want actual help please do not do it here, start your own thread or by all means send me an email, we are trying to get a bit more organized on here so we can better assist the customer.
Banana Hobby CSR is offline Find More Posts by Banana Hobby CSR
Last edited by Banana Hobby CSR; Sep 09, 2011 at 05:10 PM. Reason: spelling error
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2011, 11:37 AM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2011
12 Posts
You guys should do quantity and quality checks before sending out boxes.

You guys got my order wrong 3 times so far by sending broken and missing items, maybe even a fourth we will find out next week when the next box arrives.
Pointblank35 is offline Find More Posts by Pointblank35
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2011, 10:17 PM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2007
2 Posts
I was very seriously considering making an order, even after reading all the negative posts by all the unhappy/dissatisfied customers. I figured that the satisfied customers were all too busy enjoying their purchase to take the time to post here. After much reading, and noticing that someone who is supposed to be a professional customer service rep quite frequently uses the word "sucks", I've changed my mind. What sort of professional, or company that wants to improve it's customer service uses the word "sucks" in response to a customer having a problem? For now I guess I'll go without. Thank you customer service for making the decision easy for me.
reffner is offline Find More Posts by reffner
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2011, 07:22 AM
Registered User
wow1's Avatar
upstate NY
Joined Jan 2010
422 Posts
Hey Bailey, I recently had a problem with an order I placed for a 70mm Tiger Meet F18. It went out of stock!! I was sent a quick email giving me a choice of other paint schemes that were still available or a refund was offered. I considered it and opted for refund sent you an email and the money was back in my account a couple hours later "AWESOME" I've ordered about ten planes from BH with no problems!! If your having an issue with an order email Bailey she gets results!!


Thanks,

Karl
wow1 is offline Find More Posts by wow1
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2011, 03:45 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
Hi Henry, you know as well as I that you told us you were missing the transmitter, and argued and bashed us for that then emailed and called last week correcting yourself saying it was the receiver. The delay with your order was due to the change in story, and the initial missing parts which were a battery and bind plug were sent to you after you contacted it confirming as you told us you were out of the country and had to check the box once you returned. Anywho, thank you for the suggestion on quality control, your constructive criticism is highly appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointblank35 View Post
You guys should do quantity and quality checks before sending out boxes.

You guys got my order wrong 3 times so far by sending broken and missing items, maybe even a fourth we will find out next week when the next box arrives.
Banana Hobby CSR is offline Find More Posts by Banana Hobby CSR
Last edited by Banana Hobby CSR; Sep 12, 2011 at 03:54 PM. Reason: spelling error
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2011, 03:49 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
Hi Reffner, "sucks" is not a word that is frequently used and and when it is used it is solely because its fitting. I am 100% honest with the customers, and I do my best to help them when needed, despite all the negative comments and bashing on the company. If you don't like it, to each its own, what matters to me is that I do what's in my power to help the customers and answer any questions they may have. I have received countless emails from customers appreciating the truth, versus giving them the run around, or trying to sugar coat things. Thank you for sharing your opinion. it is appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reffner View Post
I was very seriously considering making an order, even after reading all the negative posts by all the unhappy/dissatisfied customers. I figured that the satisfied customers were all too busy enjoying their purchase to take the time to post here. After much reading, and noticing that someone who is supposed to be a professional customer service rep quite frequently uses the word "sucks", I've changed my mind. What sort of professional, or company that wants to improve it's customer service uses the word "sucks" in response to a customer having a problem? For now I guess I'll go without. Thank you customer service for making the decision easy for me.
Banana Hobby CSR is offline Find More Posts by Banana Hobby CSR
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2011, 03:49 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
Thanks Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by wow1 View Post
Hey Bailey, I recently had a problem with an order I placed for a 70mm Tiger Meet F18. It went out of stock!! I was sent a quick email giving me a choice of other paint schemes that were still available or a refund was offered. I considered it and opted for refund sent you an email and the money was back in my account a couple hours later "AWESOME" I've ordered about ten planes from BH with no problems!! If your having an issue with an order email Bailey she gets results!!


Thanks,

Karl
Banana Hobby CSR is offline Find More Posts by Banana Hobby CSR
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2011, 11:49 AM
was that tree always there?
olflyer's Avatar
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jun 2011
185 Posts
Gotta say after buying four airplanes and numerous parts from Banana I have had only good service from you. hope you have some new warbirds in the sixty inch plus sizes coming down the pipeline.
olflyer is offline Find More Posts by olflyer
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2011, 03:17 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
Thanks olflyer, I'm pretty sure we do stay tuned :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by olflyer View Post
Gotta say after buying four airplanes and numerous parts from Banana I have had only good service from you. hope you have some new warbirds in the sixty inch plus sizes coming down the pipeline.
Banana Hobby CSR is offline Find More Posts by Banana Hobby CSR
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2011, 12:59 PM
Registered User
godofthunder77's Avatar
Vermilion, OH
Joined Aug 2010
887 Posts
Order yhst-39858413893234-152717

Hello BHCS,

There seems to be an issue with my order. I was to get 2 replacemnt Main landing gear for my F-18 due to techinical issues where they will not raise and lower. I have talked to BHCS a couple time previously before this post and the issue at hand is that they have replaced my left main gear but I need a right main gear. The first shipment only had the left main gear by itself with no right main gear included and then the second shipment, that I received a few days ago was supposed to be the right main gear but again a Left main gear was shipped. Please se picture of what was shipped the second time.

This is a picture of the left main gear that was most recently shipped. It was supposed to be the Right main gear. I need the opposite one of the one shown. Sorry this sounds confussing but to make a long story short I need the right main gear. Thank you
godofthunder77 is offline Find More Posts by godofthunder77
Last edited by godofthunder77; Sep 15, 2011 at 03:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2011, 01:28 PM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2011
3 Posts
I have to say that I was seriously giving Banana hobby a chance to earn my business as I was very worried about ordering, because of the bad things I was reading about the service. So my first purchase was a small one and sadly the reviews I read were spot on , I have had the worst experience that I have ever had dealing with them with my FIRST purchase, I have bought a P47, a Grand Cruiser, an 55 inch Cessna and a Trojan T28 1400 mm in the last 6 weeks from Nitro Planes and have had the best service possible. Banana Hobby has some nice planes that I would love to buy, like the 12 channel A-10 and the C47 Transport, But With my first purchase as a in indicator of what I should expect, I am reluctant to but anything else from them, and to show the maturity level I posed a complaint on their face-book page and I was promptly removed from their list so I can not comment anymore, Thats the way you handle customer service issues, by Silencing them .. Interesting tactic for a new company that is striving to gain respect and loyal customers. Big Thumbs Down, I expect this post to be deleted too...
cocopop is offline Find More Posts by cocopop
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2011, 01:42 PM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2011
3 Posts
BTW Bailey was the one who seemed supportive and gave suggestions on Facebook, I think the person who cut me off of facebook was someone else, because they did not Identify themselves. where bailey always signed her posts with her name. People like Baily make your company look good while others hurt your reputation. and in a world where social media can dictate your success what is in public view should be taken very seriously. It's not difficult to open a discussion page or RC group forum or facebook page to have people discuss their issues and problems with any given online vendor.
cocopop is offline Find More Posts by cocopop
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2011, 04:18 PM
Registered User
United States, TX, Georgetown
Joined Sep 2011
46 Posts
I posted questions about my new F9f Panther in an independent thread in the Banana Hobby Forum section, instead of as a reply to this thread, by mistake. Could you either move my question ( about the RTF EDF F9F ) to this thread or post an answer in the new thread posted today entitled "F9F question"?
Thanks,
Tom
tbaus100 is offline Find More Posts by tbaus100
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2011, 04:21 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
Hi Godofthunder77, thanks for sending the photo I have submitted a parts request to have the right main retract sent to you, you will receive an email with the shipping confirmation as well as a tracking number as soon as it goes out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder77 View Post
Hello BHCS,

There seems to be an issue with my order. I was to get 2 replacemnt Main landing gear for my F-18 due to techinical issues where they will not raise and lower. I have talked to BHCS a couple time previously before this post and the issue at hand is that they have replaced my left main gear but I need a right main gear. The first shipment only had the left main gear by itself with no right main gear included and then the second shipment, that I received a few days ago was supposed to be the right main gear but again a Left main gear was shipped. Please se picture of what was shipped the second time.

This is a picture of the left main gear that was most recently shipped. It was supposed to be the Right main gear. I need the opposite one of the one shown. Sorry this sounds confussing but to make a long story short I need the right main gear. Thank you
Banana Hobby CSR is offline Find More Posts by Banana Hobby CSR
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Alert Banana hobby customer support is THE BEST! They really are pretty amazing. bluemeane Banana Hobby 17 Sep 23, 2013 11:37 AM
Discussion Banana Hobby Customer Support Banana Hobby CSR Banana Hobby 67 May 14, 2011 07:04 PM
Discussion Banana Hobby Customer Support Rotation Update! banana hobby Banana Hobby 34 Nov 16, 2010 09:08 PM
Discussion Official Banana Hobby Support/Questions Thread banana hobby Vendor Talk 121 May 18, 2010 07:58 PM